Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Hypothetically if I was going to do something criminal, I wouldn't give an alibi of something like a conference or a training because I know LE can so very easily follow up on that to make sure 1) it happened and 2) I was there. I mean, I guess unless I froze in the moment and had a total brain fart. Just MOO

Exactly.

On Tues evening, a local station reported that authorities were searching #SuzanneMorphew's home. Shortly after, a Chaffee County PIO told another local station investigators were *not* searching the home. On Wed, Daily Mail published photos showing investigators w/evidence bags

As well as photos of a CSI van. According to that report, investigators *were* searching the home on Tuesday. The PIO would not tell me whether that report was correct, citing the ongoing investigation. #SuzanneMorphew

5/20/20 - 4:15PM
EK on Twitter

It could have been. I am assuming the bridge had to be close to where they were originally searching and so if we have the original search area pinned down to 50/225 area, then I am thinking the bridge had to be from that point or back towards the home. Not many options for the bridge.

Looks like we'll have to wait for more info to come out. :rolleyes:

On Tues evening, a local station reported that authorities were searching #SuzanneMorphew's home. Shortly after, a Chaffee County PIO told another local station investigators were *not* searching the home. On Wed, Daily Mail published photos showing investigators w/evidence bags

As well as photos of a CSI van. According to that report, investigators *were* searching the home on Tuesday. The PIO would not tell me whether that report was correct, citing the ongoing investigation. #SuzanneMorphew

5/20/20 - 4:15PM
EK on Twitter
So they are searching the home? Confusing.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

This is what the CO.gov site "recommends" (not requires) about travel and quarantine:

[Traveling to places where there is community transmission means you might be exposed to COVID-19 or get sick with COVID-19 while you are away from home. If one of those things happens:
  • You may have to quarantine (if not sick) for 14 days in the place you traveled to.
  • You may have to to isolate (if sick) for 7 days or longer in the place you traveled to.
  • You may have to do one of these things when you return home.]
Travel | Colorado COVID-19 Updates

Last edited by a moderator:
What time did her daughters call the neighbor? The neighbor called 911 at 1746 assuming the girls called sometime close to this then that seems rather late in the day to call your mother on mother's day.

Not if you're just getting to a place with a cell tower in some remote section of Idaho. We really don't know the circumstances. One can also assume that they didn't just try to call Mom one time, they probably tried several times.

What a horrible thing for these poor girls. So much for them to take in and sort out. I hope they have lots of support from various places.

Just from another perspective ... obviously fire fighters are having to attend fires regardless of a global Covid crisis. Maybe training on how to deal with fire fighting in a Covid situation?

I live in California and I know where I am they are still doing trainings here during Covid. I think since firefighters are essential workers they might not fall into the same category as other professions.

Yes, exactly what my thoughts were <modsnip>
May be in to starting a little business, with BM's gardening knowledge, and that can cause problems amongst like minded folks sometimes....all jmo, speculation.

Lots of agri business in the family, including such, and it would not surprise me to find interest in Colorado as a good state to expand to. Question is-did any of that have something to do with Suzanne’s disappearance?

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it. I don't want to sound too condescending but he's just a volunteer firefighter who'd been with a small rural fire dept a very short time. There's literally no training that I could possibly imagine him being sent out-of-town for right now during the pandemic. He was already in very close proximity to the best training our state has to offer. He'd never have to leave Chaffee County to get all of his training. At this point in the pandemic, I doubt the FD would even approve of such a trip.

A lot of firefighting training/testing is continuing online right now. Other than that it's hyperlocal. No one is doing multiagency trainings right now.

So just to sum up - all of the firefighting training going on right now in CO is either online or hosted locally. I'm not aware of anyone traveling around the state for training.

BM reported himself as having started a new job with Chaffee County Fire Protection District in August of 2018.

That is my question if anyone knows.

Do the only bridges where the bike could have been found cross a body of water that is large enough for someone to jump or be thrown into the water and not be easily seen?

Like is the water deep enough where a body could sink or be carried downstream if a river or creek?

Or are they so tiny that the water under the bridge could not hide or carry away a body?

Im still keeping suicide open as a viable option if there is any chance the water under the bridge where her bike was found is deep enough or a strong enough current to carry someone away.

I am not sure we know what exact bridge yet but there should only be a couple options from her home. LE was searching near 50 so I think from 50 back towards her house would be the only bridge options.

The bridges across Fooses Creek and S Arkansas River, both on County Road 225 and which you would cross if driving on Puma Path to Hwy 50, are not large enough or the water deep enough to suicide on, or to use to hide a body. There may be pools of water in each that could potentially hide a body, but for the most part, these are not deep waterways. Even if snowmelt or heavy rains were affecting water levels, these are not waterways that would easily move a body downstream. IMO because I've not stood on either bridge, just from reading and looking at maps about the area.

The crossing over the S Arkansas River on County Road 225 is closest to Hwy 50.

Thread is open again after review and cleanup that took approx. 1 1/2 hours.

Thread reply bans have been issued.

NOTE:

Sleuthing the daughters is not allowed
Where the daughters may have been staying is irrelevant
All images require a link to the source
Do NOT discuss or complain about your removed posts and/or moderation

Stay on topic which is discussing THIS CASE. One off topic posts can equal 10 off topic responses that all need removal.

Iive had to work all day. I'm on a break and hope to gobble up as many posts as I can.
:0)
I don't get home for 3 more hours. I hope lots of sleuthers are going to stay up late so we can chat about this case.

Iive had to work all day. I'm on a break and hope to gobble up as many posts as I can.
:0)
I don't get home for 3 more hours. I hope lots of sleuthers are going to stay up late so we can chat about this case.

I would think you have at least a couple of hours. It's only 4:18 PST, and 7:18 EST.

Hello, new to this forum.

I’ve been trying to form a solid opinion on this case and I find my theories shifting. I am more open to suicide or accident than before. Suicide because it can happen to any of us and that weekend alone could have been what facilitated that plan. And when I come back to her being the victim of a violent crime I feel like it was someone who had previously worked on or had access to their home. Admittedly, this case is puzzling and my thought could change with more info. JMO

Any ideas on when and where pix were taken?
(The pic credit to "Andy Johnstone for Daily Mail.com" suggests pix were taken post-disappearance.)
Or if M fam owns the vehicle and/or bikes in these 2 pix?
Most likely not relevant, just asking.

28620186-8340119-Barry_Morphew_seen_near_his_Colorado_home-a-10_1590000907286.jpg

28620130-8340119-Barry_Morphew_seen_near_his_Colorado_home-a-8_1590000907281.jpg

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

The caption says "Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, has said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver, Colorado, when she vanished. The 52-year-old is currently staying at a property close to the marital home and has been joined by friends who have flown in from his native Indiana. Morphew was pictured leaving the property along with Davis shortly before the CSI investigators arrived to search his home on Tuesday."

So I guess it's the house's driveway or the street/road in front.

The caption says "Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, has said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver, Colorado, when she vanished. The 52-year-old is currently staying at a property close to the marital home and has been joined by friends who have flown in from his native Indiana. Morphew was pictured leaving the property along with Davis shortly before the CSI investigators arrived to search his home on Tuesday."

So I guess it's the house's driveway or the street/road in front.

The vehicle that he has his foot on could possibly be a Ford F-350 Super Duty truck.

This reminds me of the Austin case where the friend wanted the baby. The BF/Father didn't seem to have a solid alibi, and his plea for her return was painful to watch, with what seemed like giggling. In that case there was very little released by LE and not much of anything to go on. In the end it turned out LE had a handle on things from the beginning, based on security footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader