Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, on the Nancy Grace podcast, Lauren Scharf, Fox21 Colorado Springs News Reporter, is being very careful in her reporting and answering Nancy's questions. She keeps defaulting to answers such as, "The sheriff has not said." "We don't know." "That's just a report." etc.
Probably because they read here about their inaccurate reporting IMO

For what it's worth, on the Nancy Grace podcast, Lauren Scharf, Fox21 Colorado Springs News Reporter, is being very careful in her reporting and answering Nancy's questions. She keeps defaulting to answers such as, "The sheriff has not said." "We don't know." "That's just a report." etc.
I noticed that as well.

Also, thank you for the link to NG. Never thought I would listen or watch her again lol. :D

Poor Lauren Scharf, Fox21 Colorado Springs News Reporter - Nancy has no use for her LOL. "What can you tell us, Lauren Scharf??" "The sheriff office has not commented on that at all." Nancy, exasperated - "Has anyone learned the answer to that without the sheriff telling us???"

IMO, there could be many people who may have been aware that Suzanne would be alone that weekend.

No lengthy OT details here, but I personally knew someone whose daughter was attacked, left for dead, but survived strictly because she played dead. The perp knew she was alone because he was at a wedding reception with the parents when someone else asked where their lovely daughter was.

Predator skill. Just terrible. So sorry for your friend.

How refreshing :D

NG basically retracts from the last episode & says at the very beginning ‘trying to confirm she went on a bike ride.’. Ugg.

I’m starting to think that the nephew being somewhat quiet now is bc he was onto something & LE shut him up.

imo - Yea the bike was found Sunday & it was in “barely used condition” with travel locks on the disc brakes.
Which is why they never sent out any info on it to public bc it’s irrelevant and could have been placed there Friday or Saturday for all we know and LE wants legit sightings (color, condition) from any others for a timeline.

Last edited:
My guess regarding the condition of the bike is that perhaps SM had gone on a ride previously, and mentioned to one of her family members “oh such and such happened, and my brakes are jammed. How can I fix that?” then left the bike in the garage for repair another time. Perhaps, hypothetically, the family member mentioned it to other family members when her bike was found, and said “wait, SM couldn’t have ridden that bike. She was waiting to get the brakes fixed.”

Maybe LE asked the family about the bike or mentioned the condition when it was found. Perhaps the perp wasn’t aware the brakes were messed up, making it apparent to LE and to her family that she could not have ridden the bike to that location, and they now know this was a staged incident. purely speculation.
JMO IMO MOO

Pretty clever speculating there, I had not even thought of this. It's certainly worth consideration I think.

Is there any information about what the three different agencies are doing specifically together. CBI and the FBI were called in pretty quick. What's the angle for those two agencies to join? Abduction/kidnapping and a ransome? Previous threats to the family?
JMO
One interesting thing we learned from MSM articles was LE did find something else that was said to be a personal item belonging to SM. It was found in a slightly different area from where the bicycle was allegedly found because it was what made LE search in that different area.

I think it may be important this additional item. If it was not right near the bike then it means it somehow had to get there and if the bike was found near a bridge then either she walked to this other area or whoever took her may have dropped or thown out this other item. It could have been something like her helmet or phone or something along those lines. Whatever it was I think it is helping LE narrow down the possibilities of what could have happened to her.

That makes me think of maybe they did find shoe prints, even if partial, of a possible perpetrator. I keep coming back to the fact of why they didn't disclose this particular item you mentioned. And the vagueness surrounding the bike.

Nancy seems to have dropped that a neighbor saw SM... and is reporting as if the daughters contacted the neighbor.
Yes! In my personal opinion, I think it must’ve been quite some time that the daughters had not talked to their mom and grew concerned.

If a neighbor truly saw SM, we would have a description from that day. We don’t.

I’m feeling more and more that the bike and “personal items” were staged, and something happened in the home. MOO

She basically retracts from the last episode & says at the very beginning ‘trying to confirm she went on a bike ride.’. Ugg.

I’m starting to think that the nephew being somewhat quiet now is bc he was onto something & LE shut him up.

imo - Yea the bike was found Sunday & it was in “barely used condition” with travel locks on the disc brakes.
Which is why they never sent out any info on it to public bc it’s irrelevant and could have been placed there Friday or Saturday for all we know and LE wants legit sightings (color, condition) from any others for a timeline.

I wonder if the nephew is an avid biker.

Oh geez.

Nancy: Question. This is an open question to anyone on the panel. Do we have ANY sighting of her on Mother's Day out on her bike? AT ALL? Why do we even think she was ON a bike?? Where'd that come from?? Do we have an idea on that, Ellen Killoren?"

Um from your OWN SHOW NANCY.

Ellen: There are a lot of questions about that. As far as I know, NO ONE saw her on her bike on Mother's Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marziaforevercherry