Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If one owns a large business that requires movement of vehicles, employees and equipment to several locations, one generally has easy access to all manner of vehicles. Perhaps even ATVs or Quads that make some tricky or remote work sites easier to get to.

MOO

I just find it alarming that nobody is gathering search parties to go find Suzanne. Makes me think LE knows more.
Catching up this afternoon, but just wanted to point out that we don't know that searches are not happening. The FB "find" page is not being updated, but it's entirely possible family and friends are organizing searches and it's just not being stated publicly.

Completely unrelated, but I'm curious... for those of you who believe the nephew knew the condition of the bike when it was found, how is it that you all think he has this information? Did he find it (the bike) himself? Did LE find it and share it's condition with the family? That seems like a stretch to me, since the Sheriff doesn't strike me as the sharing type, at least with this case.

So, if he knew, how did he know?

Last edited:
Do we know or have any way of knowing if the CBI or Sheriffs office wanted the search warrant sealed or if Barry Morphew wanted it sealed?

article said the court (sheriff) sealed it.

LE officers ask Judges to seal their search warrants to prevent disclosure of the document that's public record. That alone is why we don't actually know why it's sealed but we can speculate why LE made the request.

To begin with, I think what we're going to see is a lot more of these types of affidavits and search warrants that are requested sealed just because so many more phones are being searched. A warrant is now required to request location data on a suspect from their phone carrier. Officials used to just get a court order.

As this is a pending investigation, keeping private the identities of those being investigated and others who might be helping police in the investigation would be another valid reason to seal the warrant. Police don't want us to know who they are talking to.

Another possibility here is if the suspect (e.g., alleged abductor) is at large, police wouldn't want them to know that they are on to them. Police need to look and see who is contacting who, and who is involved-- that could mean multiple phones to look at, cell phone tower dumps, and warrants required to determine their phone locations.

Also, LE made the request for residents to preserve their surveillance video. We don't know whose video has been collected or will be collected and the police probably want to keep that information private also.

MOO

Really? How would the kidnappers get his new phone number? The nephew, who does not live in Chaffee county, has published his business phone number, email, etc via the *** page, and his social media contacts lead to his business web page. If that isn't a direct line of communication for a kidnapper, I don't know what is. JMO
BBM-- He didn't say a NEW Phone NUMBER-- only a NEW PHONE--you can keep same number and if the Kidnappers have his cell # then they would still be able to contact him, even with a new phone.

The lack of urgency by LE regarding public safety & information early in this case, lead me to believe they ‘honed in’ on a suspect fairly quickly. I do not believe that BM is that suspect!
I am prone to believe that he was in Denver for some other business (possibly landscaping related), rather than anything to due with FF training, as many have suggested. IMO it is possibly someone known to BM/SM through business/employee relations.
Small business owner’s are having to make tough decisions because of Covid-19. Could it be that one of these decisions ‘set this person off’? The actions of LE, relatively quick offer of reward $’s, & the wording of BM’s video plea (not speaking directly to the possible abductor & “whatever it takes”), have me thinking this could be a ‘known’ abductor.
This may be wishful thinking on my part, given many of the other alternatives, but I just pray she is alive & found soon!

To me the part of the video that casts the most doubt on BM’s authenticity (and there are a few) is him shaking his head sideways in a ‘no’ like fashion while saying:

I’m no body language expert but what he is doing and what he is saying are very conflicting.

Agreed. I said this after I viewed his video but my post went poof.

I am going to try to say something about Barry's video plea, but I want to begin simply by posting a partial transcription of it here, as well as a link to the video. I think his video plea is both interesting and important.

Transcription:
Oh Suzanne,
if anyone is out there who can hear this, that has you
please, we’ll do whatever it takes to bring you back.
No questions asked.
However much they want.
I will do whatever it takes to get you back.
Honey, I love you.
I want you back so badly.

Link to article with the video plea:
'I'll do whatever it takes': Husband of missing woman makes tearful plea for her safe return

I've only watched the video plea once, and what came to mind was a man ragged because of the circumstances, even sorrowful for what happened. A realization that life was forever changed for him and the daughters, and the extended family.

Can someone map this?

I will try to upload a map with the correct link.

moonriverfarm, are you not able to get on Google Maps and take a look at the area?

snipped
Missing Mother: Video Shows Remote Area Where Suzanne Morphew Was Biking

May 21, 2020 at 1:40 pm
Missing Mother: Video Shows Remote Area Where Suzanne Morphew Was Biking

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS) – Video taken by Copter4 on Thursday shows Suzanne Morphew’s home and the remote part of Chaffee County she was believed to be biking in before she disappeared. Morphew, 49, was last seen on Mother’s Day, May 10.

Copter-Feed-of-Morphews-House_frame_15239.jpeg

(credit: CBS)

sbm

I simply want to point out in the aerial photo above how dense the tree cover is around the Morphew home, especially between their house and the two houses across the river. JR's house is to the top right, another home is to the lower right (whose owners have a Denver address listed on the Chaffee County website), both of which have an access road, Monarch River Drive, directly off of Hwy 50.

The road area in the top left is where the Morphew driveway intersects Puma Path, which further west connects to County Road 225, which then goes out to Hwy 50.

With your comment in mind, it seems reasonable to conclude that there wasn't any scent to track otherwise the tracking dogs would have had hit upon SM's scent. Why wouldn't there be any scent one wonders, it is not that the scent had days to dissipate?
IMO, a scent trail also ends when you enter a vehicle.

For what it's worth, on the Nancy Grace podcast, Lauren Scharf, Fox21 Colorado Springs News Reporter, is being very careful in her reporting and answering Nancy's questions. She keeps defaulting to answers such as, "The sheriff has not said." "We don't know." "That's just a report." etc.

Another thought I have. With the girls having been gone for their own adventure, why did Suzanne not go to Denver with Dennis for the Mother’s Day week-end? A wonderful romantic weekend for just the two of them. Denver would have many things for Suzanne to do while Dennis was busy at his meetings and training. They could go out for dinner and the evening, or if the meeting ran late, go out for drinks.
I always loved going away on hubby’s weekends.
Because restaurants are closed due to COVID and Safer at Home recommendations.

Catching up this afternoon, but just wanted to point out that we don't know that searches are not happening. The FB "find" page is not being updated, but it's entirely possible family and friends are organizing searches and it's just not being stated publicly.

Completely unrelated, but I'm curious... for those of you who believe the nephew knew the condition of the bike when it was found, how is it that you all think he has this information? Did he find it himself? Did LE find it and share it's condition with the family? That seems like a stretch to me, since the Sheriff doesn't strike me as the sharing type, at least with this case.

So, if he knew, how did he know?

My guess regarding the condition of the bike is that perhaps SM had gone on a ride previously, and mentioned to one of her family members “oh such and such happened, and my brakes are jammed. How can I fix that?” then left the bike in the garage for repair another time. Perhaps, hypothetically, the family member mentioned it to other family members when her bike was found, and said “wait, SM couldn’t have ridden that bike. She was waiting to get the brakes fixed.”

Maybe LE asked the family about the bike or mentioned the condition when it was found. Perhaps the perp wasn’t aware the brakes were messed up, making it apparent to LE and to her family that she could not have ridden the bike to that location, and they now know this was a staged incident. purely speculation.
JMO IMO MOO

JMO
One interesting thing we learned from MSM articles was LE did find something else that was said to be a personal item belonging to SM. It was found in a slightly different area from where the bicycle was allegedly found because it was what made LE search in that different area.

I think it may be important this additional item. If it was not right near the bike then it means it somehow had to get there and if the bike was found near a bridge then either she walked to this other area or whoever took her may have dropped or thown out this other item. It could have been something like her helmet or phone or something along those lines. Whatever it was I think it is helping LE narrow down the possibilities of what could have happened to her.

For what it's worth, on the Nancy Grace podcast, Lauren Scharf, Fox21 Colorado Springs News Reporter, is being very careful in her reporting and answering Nancy's questions. She keeps defaulting to answers such as, "The sheriff has not said." "We don't know." "That's just a report." etc.
I definitely agree. Being very careful, but stressing the timeline does NOT add up to her going missing on mother’s day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces