Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who this information about BM being at firefighting training originally came from? I thought family had said he was in Denver on a work-related trip, but has anyone in the family specified that it was firefighting related? Is the media just running with an assumption that work = firefighting although he's just a volunteer and his day job is in landscaping?

I'd be surprised if he was in Denver specifically for firefighting training. Every major training/conference event I know of has been postponed or cancelled. Traveling out of one's county is so strongly discouraged right now that most local governments have cancelled work travel for all employees for the forseeable future.

Even before COVID, it would be uncommon for a volunteer FFer from this part of the state to ever need to travel that far for training. There's typically plenty of opportunities much closer. Colorado Mountain College has a very robust firefighter training program and most of these departments are capable of hosting nearly all training in-house.

I'm not sure they had a warrant, maybe just consent from BM to go ahead with the search.
Unless it's been reported somewhere & I missed it.
Possible, this thread is moving so fast I don't even recall clicking on thread #4.

IMO they have a warrant because they are not going to take the chance of anything being thrown out. They are crossing their t’s and dotting their i’s. I’m POSITIVE they have a warrant, and it’s very specific. Jmo

28619534-8340119-image-m-54_1589980508161.jpg

Is that carpet?

Nah, looks like a paper bag inside the ziploc. Paper bags are standard for evidence collection so nearly anything could be in it.

Well, regarding the firefighting training in Denver, it was never mentioned.....it was said Barry was in Denver for a "work related" reason. Because he's a firefighter, I think that assumption just grew legs.
In any case. I expect LE knows what he was doing in Denver,....if he was there.

I'm not sure they had a warrant, maybe just consent from BM to go ahead with the search.
Unless it's been reported somewhere & I missed it.
Possible, this thread is moving so fast I don't even recall clicking on thread #4.

I think it's very rare for LE to search without a warrant in these types of cases. There's too much of a risk that evidence will be thrown out in court.
jmo

Does anyone know who this information about BM being at firefighting training originally came from? I thought family had said he was in Denver on a work-related trip, but has anyone in the family specified that it was firefighting related? Is the media just running with an assumption that work = firefighting although he's just a volunteer and his day job is in landscaping?

I'd be surprised if he was in Denver specifically for firefighting training. Every major training/conference event I know of has been postponed or cancelled. Traveling out of one's county is so strongly discouraged right now that most local governments have cancelled work travel for all employees for the forseeable future.

Even before COVID, it would be uncommon for a volunteer FFer from this part of the state to ever need to travel that far for training. There's typically plenty of opportunities much closer. Colorado Mountain College has a very robust firefighter training program and most of these departments are capable of hosting nearly all training in-house.

BBM
I don't think we know much... but IMO the being at firefighting training kind of evolved (without any substantiation) from "in Denver," to "in Denver for work," to "in Denver for Fire Fighting training".

JMO, IMO, MOO
And, like anything posted here without a giant IMO will take on legs and run. Like, "Why was he in Denver?" "He could have been in Denver for work." "But he's a volunteer FF, so why would he need to be in Denver for work?" "Oh, it could have been training." "Oh, so he was in Denver for firefighting training; got it." "So, husband claims he was in Denver for FF training." I watched it happen.

JMO, IMO, MOO

Did they search the house or is it still being "HELD"? Also why search it if she was outside on her bike???
Evidence, evidence, evidence. We don't know if she was even on her bike or outside for that matter. Her bike could have been staged and the house could be a crime scene. Investigators are doing what they do :)

28619534-8340119-image-m-54_1589980508161.jpg

Is that carpet?
it's one of the those big plastic bags they make now - it's maybe a rug, towel, shirt? IMO
ETA: I see someone upthread pointed out the brown evidence bags - could be that i just see a curve to it that makes me think it's fabric - I don't recall seeing them double bagging evidence like this before but it could be what they have put in there that makes them double bag if it is the paper evidence bag
JMO

Possible. ^^^

Maybe someone worked for them and there's a record of payment made ?
And so BM said to LE : "You'll find payment receipts there in my desk; and you need to look at this person and ask him questions . He worked for us, and was a suspicious character !"

Did he really say this?
Did you have a link ?
tia.
Eta: I'm assuming at this time that LE became aware of the video plea from BM at the same time as everyone else did.
Right. Agree.

Ah, I thought it looked too "textured" to be a paper bag. But that makes sense if it is.

I see what you mean but I think it's the lighting and the paper being slightly crumpled. Putting evidence directly in a plastic bag would be a huge no-no so I sure hope it's a paper bag that contains the actual evidence.

So, was Nancy Grace and her team wrong then about the neighbor seeing her leave on the bike ride? It sounds like it, if we are to assume the DM article is correct.

If so, what GARBAGE, NG. Why I wasted my time last night listening to that podcast I don’t know.

ETA: Let’s see...who’s more reliable, NG or the DM? Neither. Lol
bbm
Aww...
Thanks for listening anyway and for your input, margarita !
It sucks when an msm source isn't more reliable than the posts by a person known to the family on FB.

That’s a good point. One thing to consider related to a stalker is that we are in just such odd times with Covid. It would be extremely hard to stalk someone now and not stick out in some capacity. Then, if it was a stalker they would have timed it exactly when the daughters were gone camping and the husband was out on a training trip. This could have potentially been the only window of time in months that the circumstances played out for SM to be alone.

Not impossible but seems to not be very probable.

A firefighter training trip over Mother's Day weekend and with Covid going on? I just can't buy it. Seems like it would be easy enough to check out though, so I don't know.

Did they search the house or is it still being "HELD"? Also why search it if she was outside on her bike???

BBM. Because no one saw her out on her bike that day.

"Summer Stehle, 43, the stepmother of 17-year-old Macy’s best friend, said: ‘The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ''we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?''

‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.’"

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

I actually think that this case is moving along quickly, and is being handled well. My guess is that they are waiting for more GPS or phone records to come in, along with test results from new evidence they were seen collecting at the house. For what it's worth, the spray bottle is, in my opinion, Luminol.

For me, the DM article backs up everything I've been thinking...and that's probably all I can say about that without getting in trouble.

I will assume many of us are in the same boat as you.
Here's to avoiding band camp! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members