Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Could GM Be Asked to Sign?
I wonder if there were other papers, because the guardianship papers, that BM asked GM to sign. The Moorman family didn't seem to know about the guardianship papers until MSM contacted them.... so did BM's loving call to his father in law occur before or after that? I wonder if there was property that Suzanne may have held in joint tenancy with her father, that BM wanted the father to sign over to the daughter so the beloved son in law could sign it over to himself...JMO
@Megnut sbm
SM and GM holding a/c, other assets as jt ten/JTwRoS? Yes, possibly something like that. jm2cts.

My apologies for failing to include your post in my my response just above.

Was it in thread 13 /14? La Beca Cafe, became Little Cambodia at 300 W Sackett Ave. Next to a bike shop.

Thanks! This was the location that I remember being discussed in detail, not the location on the NAMUS map which is different. The cafe is next to Absolute Bikes and was named as La Breca or Little Cambodia, but on Google street view is 4 Seasons. All the name changes lead to much confusion!
moo

Just now watched the Dr. Phil special....wow, wow, wow. How anyone can watch it all laid out like that and still not think BM has any involvement in this, is beyond me. Didn’t really learn anything new, but boy that Barry is something else. I’d sure like to know how many women from around town has came forward to say he’s hit on them. Pour Suzanne has probably been putting up a lot of s—t for many many years.

And someone really needs to search that triangle section of land again, that BM says was already cleared in his video with Tyson. IMO

Last edited:
I agree. Also, if the Poncha Market has been forthcoming about BM digging in the trash and writing that note on the 12th, why wouldn’t they mention the visit on the 9th?
So he was digging for any cash receipt to make it appear that he had stopped there? Or a receipt to toss into Suzanne's vehicle perhaps? moo

Just now watched the Dr. Phil special....wow, wow, wow. How anyone can watch it all laid out like that and still not think BM has any involvement in this, is beyond me. Didn’t really learn anything new, but boy that Barry is something else. I’d sure like to know how many women from around town has came forward to say he’s hit on them. Pour Suzanne has probably been putting up a lot of s—t for many many years.
Is today's Dr Phil segment posted here already? Would love to watch.

Nevertheless, we have to decide whether to take his comments as evidence, or simply his musings aloud, it’s possible he doesn’t realize that everything he says is taken as the absolute truth.
I remain reluctant to follow his timeline until LE verifies it.
I may have missed the texting from his truck at 4am Sun. Surely MG would have mentioned this....?
I'm sure there is a lot of things that MG may or may not have mentioned; however, we aren't privvy to all that information, nor should we be (IMO) at this time. I think Lauren said she visited with MG for IIRC, one and a half hours. So no, I don't find it surprising that this hasn't been spoken about already. JMO

Same. When I went to watch on my recorded TV it was interrupted by Trump news of going to the hospital. So it didn't record The Dr. Phil Show.
It was interrupted at the beginning for two minutes and then played (at least, in our area) . You might be able to catch it on OWN station in a few days. In our area, the shows are run again on this station.

Transferring Guardianship, IN to CO?
QUOTE="Goldenseal, post: 16395577, member: 268769"]IIRC, permanent guardianship of SM was approved Sept. 1 in Indiana, because the property BM wanted to sell was in Indiana. Since the guardianship will transfer to Colorado (states accept other states' guardianship declarations), now BM can sell, buy, etc., as if she didn't exist. Not all states are like that -- here in VA, being a missing person is NOT considered incapacitated -- and in those states, she'd have to be declared dead after 5 or 7 years. MOO.[/QUOTE] @Goldenseal Agreeing w you that generally guardianships CAN be transferred, per provisions of Uniform Adult Guardianship and Protective Proceedings Act* (of adopting states) which addresses interstate jurisdictional issues.
Without having seen petition, court orders, & other IN ct dox, I wonder whether that WILL happen in this instance.
Per below* orders are necessary from courts in both IN and CO, and the transferring IN court must find that the incapacitated person is physically present in CO.

Can/will IN judge make such a finding of fact, that SM is physically present in CO?
:rolleyes:Awkward for BM :rolleyes:to allege? acknowledge? ^, as (presumably) petition claimed SM was :rolleyes:unable to be located.:rolleyes:

I could be hair splitting, so I welcome comment, clarification, correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals. Or could be absolutely, positively wrong.

ETA: Transferring gdn'ship case is not quite as simple as sending a package by FedEx from one state to another.:cool:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Article 3 specifies a procedure for transferring an already existing guardianship or conservatorship to another state. To make the transfer, court orders are necessary from both the court transferring the case and from the court accepting the case. The transferring court must find that the incapacitated or protected person is physically present in or is reasonably expected to move permanently to the other state, that adequate arrangements have been made for the person or the person’s property in the other state, and that the court is satisfied the case will be accepted by the court in the other state. To assure continuity, the court in the transferring state cannot dismiss the local proceeding until the order from the state accepting the case is filed with the transferring court. To expedite the transfer process, the court in the accepting state must give deference to the transferring court’s finding of incapacity and selection of the guardian or conservator.
^ Section numbers of UAGPPA developed by Uniform Law Commission, not section numbers of IN or CO statutes.
^ https://www.uniformlaws.org/HigherL...8fd-7d13-4d14-053c-7160a2c1a9c3&forceDialog=0

Last edited:
Presumed Death in CO?
...Unless LE declares her dead, I believe in Colorado a person has to be missing five years before they can be declared deceased.
@steeltowngirl sbm
Yes, in Colorado* if a person missing for continuous period of five years, and who has not been heard from, and absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, then ct can declare in civil procedure.

I understand what you mean: LE may suspect a person is dead (but not 'declare' in ^ legal sense).** jm2cts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* CO R.S. Title 15. Probate, Trusts, and Fiduciaries § 15-10-107. Evidence of death or status
"(e) An individual whose death is not established under paragraphs (a) to (d) of this subsection (1) or under section 15-10-106.5 who is absent for a continuous period of five years, during which he or she has not been heard from, and whose absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, is presumed to be dead." bbm https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-15-probate-trusts-and-fiduciaries/co-rev-st-sect-15-10-107.html
** W body or remains, Med Examiner, not LE, conducts post mortem examination, issues autopsy report, and death certificate w cause of death and manner of death. From there, LE provides evidence and findings of investigation to prosecutor/state's atty, who considers any possible criminal prosecution against person causing death. So far w these sad circumstances, no remains or body. Yet.

Salida Dispensary on Wheels? Like weed?

(Wait, what? “On Wheels”? I thought delivery has not been legalized yet statewide...last I heard some months ago, this was in the works....)

eta/ reference/pls delete if o/t

Despite Pandemic Demand, Colorado Still Slow To Allow Legal Cannabis Delivery

Colorado Just Issued The First Marijuana Delivery License In The State

Unlicensed Marijuana Delivery's Bold, Bizarre Existence in Denver

Answering All Your Questions About Marijuana Delivery)

Last edited:
As far as BM possibly having watchers/spies during AM's search efforts, and BM having supporters in their hometown: I think we lose sight that not everyone has hobbies like we do, following true crime. The average person probably doesn't know the statistics for DV murders, or women killed by their partners. That's not on everybody's radar like it's on ours. To me, it makes perfect sense that there would be some who probably know of BM/SM, or know them in passing, and automatically think, "No way, they are such a great couple" without giving it any deeper thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball