Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa indeed. So much new info from Andy - perhaps timed to counter any dampened spirits.

DBM
I wonder if there were other papers, because the guardianship papers, that BM asked GM to sign. The Moorman family didn't seem to know about the guardianship papers until MSM contacted them.... so did BM's loving call to his father in law occur before or after that? I wonder if there was property that Suzanne may have held in joint tenancy with her father, that BM wanted the father to sign over to the daughter so the beloved son in law could sign it over to himself.

Nope, never too soon to grab all the money.

Anyone else find it grossly illuminating that he doesn't seem to feel compelled to search (or even fake-search) for his missing wife but has all kinds of clever energy for searching the searchers? Wasn't too soon for that.

When this is all said and done, and a conviction is had, I hope there's still money left for the daughters. They've suffered enough.

And I hope they find a world of support.

JMO

MOO...I worry about this too, if there will be any money left over for those girls. I am sickened thinking about the legacy their mother; Suzanne, planned to leave for them only to be squandered by their father.

And this article states that Cassidy Cordova was also hired to do the Broomfield job, but declined to be interviewed. Unless all three bunked in that one bleachy room, I’m going with a minimum of two rooms. I had also thought it was inferred that Barry intended to be in Broomfield for a number of days, which might have added to the room total. I don’t believe any of it. There was some conversation about whether or not Cassidy and Morgan shared a room, but no definitive answer.

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

As I reread the “I’m not the other woman” a second thought popped into my head. Rather than she was denying that they were having an affair, she was saying there was “another woman” but it wasn’t me!

I can think of a few things causing his strange behavior:

1. Maybe they had an argument that morning or a night before and was nervous about what Suzanne’s next step will be and wanted to get home as soon as possible to control the outcome. Just smooth talk her while they are doing something together SM likes

2. He realized he made a mistake with something like left a document somewhere where Suzanne could accidentally find it which could cause trouble if she sees it so wanted to get home as soon as possible

3. He really had some plan to get rid of her and was eager to do it or was nerveus about how it will go

Any other ideas?
I suspect this was a build up of some kind. Not just that week but brewing prior to that. They had that week free. She didn't have to worry about protecting her girls/keeping them out of the loop.
I agree that he had a plan. He didn't want to do it but ,in his mind, she gave him no choice.
Probably for the first time, she stood her ground.
No amount of schmoozing would get her to acquiesce.
He knew he could take her out because she was tiny and defenseless.
Tiny enough to overpower her, snuff out her life, fit her in a container and dispose of her.
His girls never crossed his mind.
His loving wife had become an impediment and that's all that mattered.
What a guy.
JMVHO.

I wonder if there were other papers, because the guardianship papers, that BM asked GM to sign. The Moorman family didn't seem to know about the guardianship papers until MSM contacted them.... so did BM's loving call to his father in law occur before or after that? I wonder if there was property that Suzanne may have held in joint tenancy with her father, that BM wanted the father to sign over to the daughter so the beloved son in law could sign it over to himself.

Nope, never too soon to grab all the money.

Anyone else find it grossly illuminating that he doesn't seem to feel compelled to search (or even fake-search) for his missing wife but has all kinds of clever energy for searching the searchers? Wasn't too soon for that.

When this is all said and done, and a conviction is had, I hope there's still money left for the daughters. They've suffered enough.

And I hope they find a world of support.

JMO
bbm
Good observation !

I'm thinking he owned the trail cams he set up to spy on the searchers... but what if he went to Dick's Sporting Goods or Home Depot and purchased them specifically to see what the searchers were doing and where they were looking ?

Or worse, checking where they had been, so some new 'evidence' could be planted for them to find.
It's infuriating as it seems like BM is feeling as if he has the upper hand, and is the 'victor'. Sorry for how repulsive that sounds.

LE will show him wrong, and hopefully sooner rather than later.
But I'm willing to wait for a successful prosecution.
Imo.

Last edited:
Didn't JP say that he met with BM on Saturday afternoon in town. MG stated that after BM ended the job on Saturday early because he had to go "make the wife happy", she found out that he had been shopping in town Saturday afternoon. Correct me if I misremembered, I just returned last night from vacation in the Smoky Mountains and my brain isn't working yet.
When people lie they usually have elements of truth scattered through the lies.

In this instance I am wondering if his statement to MG 'going home to make the wife happy' is actually a tell of what Suzanne had said to him likely the evening before.

'Barry I think I would like to try a separation.....you just don't make me happy any more"
Another version may have went like "I'm just not happy any more in this relationship"

He went to work stewing on it and impulsively left early to go home and have it out with her.( fix it)
The wondering if she was still going to be there was driving him crazy. Suddenly Suzanne is holding the power and he becomes unstable and unhinged.

He got home, she was still there and a volcanic emotional eruption occurred IMO.:(

moo

bbm
Good observation !

I'm thinking he owned the trail cams he set up to spy on the searchers... but what if he went to Dick's Sporting Goods or Home Depot and purchased them specifically to see what the searchers were doing and where they were looking ?

Or worse, checking where they had been so some new 'evidence' could be planted for them to find.
It's infuriating as it seems like BM is feeling as if he has the upper hand, and is the 'victor'. Sorry for how repulsive that sounds.

LE will show him wrong, and hopefully sooner rather than later.
But I'm willing to wait for a successful prosecution.
Imo.
He has LE right where they want him. MOO.

I can think of a few things causing his strange behavior:

1. Maybe they had an argument that morning or a night before and was nervous about what Suzanne’s next step will be and wanted to get home as soon as possible to control the outcome. Just smooth talk her while they are doing something together SM likes

2. He realized he made a mistake with something like left a document somewhere where Suzanne could accidentally find it which could cause trouble if she sees it so wanted to get home as soon as possible

3. He really had some plan to get rid of her and was eager to do it or was nerveus about how it will go

Any other ideas?

Yes, maybe he went home, Told SM that he and MG finished the beach job early and asked if SM wanted to do one of her favorite things like hiking or biking, and she said "No, It looks like I'm going to be tied up texting with my friend about the wedding, but you need to get into town and buy something for you to wear. and he said: "Well, okay. Are you sure my old standby outfit won't work? It's only a wedding." She frowned. He said "Okay then, I'm off to do some shopping!"
It's just an idea.........far-fetched, I know; but it seems possible to me. Don't worry, I know where the door is. I'll let myself out. IMO

A body was found by hikers near an abandoned mine in Saguache County yesterday - @CBI_Colorado

Investigators say the body appears to have been there for “quite some time.”

There’s no evidence that connects the case to missing mother Suzanne Morphew from Salida at this time.
https://twitter.com/juliadonovantv/status/1312531374738296832?s=21
Kristal Reisinger disappeared under mysterious circumstances in Crestone, Colorado in 2016. Crestone is in Saguache County. Maybe/maybe not related.
Disappearance of Kristal Reisinger - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member