Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
7.72 acres, Salida, CO, Property ID: 11707863 | Land and Farm

That appears to be recently-disturbed dirt (as of photo date, assumed recent since it's one of the 47 photos included in the 'for sale' listing). There also might be a stump in the mix.

1-3856094555
I agree, when I was going through the photos from the same link the other day, there was another photo with a possible suspicious clearing. It stood out enough for me to stare at it for quite a few minutes!
19057 Puma Path Clearing in Wooded Area.jpg

I agree, when I was going through the photos from the same link the other day, there was another photo with a possible suspicious clearing. It stood out enough for me to stare at it for quite a few minutes!
View attachment 267895
It does, doesn't it? A little tamped down at the edges...But then, this could be part of the searches.

At this point I give very little weight to whatever BM says.

I'd love a reporter to ask him, "What did you do today to find your wife?"

Pretty simple question.
Do house showing counts?.... because other then that and sitting at home Netflix and chilling, hes got nothing. Although Im sure that one interview or less hes been doing a month is probably doing wonders to help find SM. If it were possible I think he would have done less then the socially acceptable absolute bare minimum

I have to wonder if he has any idea just how many people (hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands?) are watching his every move, and talking about him, and posting, and podcasting and YT broadcasting, and literally taking apart with a fine tooth comb absolutely every word, every head nod, handwriting, his clothing choice, truck choice, recent condo rental & hanging out at the pizza place back in IN after a purchase at the local country store. I mean, with social media being what it is, he's living in a fishbowl now.

Or, if he knows and doesn't even care?

Very good question. He very well may know but not care. After all, the internet never gave him the benefit of the doubt: people pointed fingers at him from the get-go. Maybe he thinks, "Why worry about what social media has to say since it had its mind made up since Mother's Day?" Whether Barry did anything to Suzanne or not, I can't say that I blame him if he indeed is taking such an attitude.

Very good question. He very well may know but not care. After all, the internet never gave him the benefit of the doubt: people pointed fingers at him from the get-go. Maybe he thinks, "Why worry about what social media has to say since it had its mind made up since Mother's Day?" Whether Barry did anything to Suzanne or not, I can't say that I blame him if he indeed is taking such an attitude.
Tongue in cheek but I always wondered if he and his friends were keeping a file of screen shots and hyperlinks for potential future use.

About Suzanne crying on BM's shoulder, wondering why her family doesn't love her.

Puhlease

IME when I was married to a CONTROLLER, I had talked by phone to my mom, something I did regularly. It was frustrating, whatever the topic, and after hanging up, I mentioned my TRANSIENT frustration. He got indignant, ACTIVELY AND ACUTELY AND DISPROPORTIONATELY angry, at my mom, as if on my behalf, and declared that, of his love for me, he never wanted me to talk to my mom again, to protect me from such frustration.

NUTS.

1. I can disagree with someone, stay balanced AND maintain a healthy and ongoing relationship!

2. That level of wedging is what leads to isolation.

I can imagine BM being controlling and reactive throughout his marriage, pulling Suzanne into greater and greater (co) dependence.

Tell us really, BM, was Suzanne crying because her family didn't love her or, in truth, was she crying because you didn't support her relationships outside your marriage, systematically isolated her, forcing her to choose you over her family in that she couldn't have BOTH?

IME, in my same marriage, we'd be set with gifts and car loaded, and my ex would declare, "we're not going [to your family Christmas]. I'M your family now."

Insecure people can't handle divided loyalties.

JMO
By George (no, not GD!) @Megnut you’ve got that narcissistic “duck” (no, not a spelling error) nailed right down. Funny (but not really) just how many of them walk amongst us and into our lives. Thank goodness they are not all capable of crossing the line and committing the unspeakable. MOO

So watching the American Family (watts murders) for the 5th time so I can summarize for one of our members and it really struck me during the interview (first) with the killer - how much it reminded me of the narrative we’ve heard in Suzanne’s case
Sigh
JMO

He could have changed all that, with the right advice. I think he needed expert advice.

A person who could make up their own mind not to look for their wife (publicly and in every other way) based on the fact that "everyone thinks he did it" needs help or advice or something.

He could have changed all that, with the right advice. I think he needed expert advice.

A person who could make up their own mind not to look for their wife (publicly and in every other way) based on the fact that "everyone thinks he did it" needs help or advice or something.

Absolutely...you nailed it @10ofRods he had plenty of opportunity to turn things around, he either couldn't be bothered or is beyond tone deaf, seriously beyond.

Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew gives explosive new interview | Daily Mail Online

The husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew says he believes his wife is still alive, but is no longer in the local area.

Barry Morphew, 52, made the claim in a new interview with CBS 4, during which he also hit out at Suzanne's brother, who has implicated him in her disappearance. He also shared previously unseen photos and love notes from Suzanne.

But in his interview with CBS 4, Barry blasted back, alleging that Andy had been a bad brother to Suzanne and had never shown any interest in her prior to her headline-hitting disappearance.

Meanwhile, Barry - who refused to be recorded for his sit-down chat with CBS 4 - provided the news network with love letters penned by his missing wife.

Barry also provided CBS 4 with a photo that showed him and Suzanne on their wedding day.

more at link with pics:

I have a one word response to this ridiculousness...

Bull----

MOO

I’m following several missing women right now - of course my first thought is ... husband/boyfriend/ex and patiently wait for LE to eliminate - and when they don’t? Well I’ve been around on WS a long time and FFJ before so I just wait - almost every time it ends up a close person so I’m just waiting for SM and justice
JMO

Just a quick, but VERY MORBID question about possible disposal of remains. I will put it under spoilers, just in case it is too graphic for some people & I am kinda ashamed that this thought has even crossed my mind, so apologies in advance!:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Please don't judge too harshly:(

Is it possible that BM used the dead Elk carcass that was "roadkill" to hide SM's body inside to cover the scent of cadaverine or to dispose of the body(s) completely? If he had a good place to hide or dispose of poached/trophy kills, he could have easily taken her in a cooler & then opened up the elk or it could have been "opened" up already due to decomp gasses & stuffed her body in there:(. Would this scenario cover up the scent of cadaverine & throw off HRD early in the search? He could have thrown the elk carcass down a mine shaft & we would be none the wiser. Again, I am sorry to be so morbid but I just can't get that scenario out of my head because it accounts for the missing elk carcass & a missing wife & mother.

Just a quick, but VERY MORBID question about possible disposal of remains. I will put it under spoilers, just in case it is too graphic for some people & I am kinda ashamed that this thought has even crossed my mind, so apologies in advance!:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Please don't judge too harshly:(

Is it possible that BM used the dead Elk carcass that was "roadkill" to hide SM's body inside to cover the scent of cadaverine or to dispose of the body(s) completely? If he had a good place to hide or dispose of poached/trophy kills, he could have easily taken her in a cooler & then opened up the elk or it could have been "opened" up already due to decomp gasses & stuffed her body in there:(. Would this scenario cover up the scent of cadaverine & throw off HRD early in the search? He could have thrown the elk carcass down a mine shaft & we would be none the wiser. Again, I am sorry to be so morbid but I just can't get that scenario out of my head because it accounts for the missing elk carcass & a missing wife & mother.
Not to worry, I had some thoughts down this same line. I toyed with the idea he skinned the elk and wrapped her in it, as the skin would shrink and harden and as tiny as SM was you would of never noticed her inside. And who in their right mind is going to dig thru a ripe smelling carcass or partial carcass.

I’m following the case of Found Deceased - OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, Carroll County, 13 April 2019 *ARREST*
It’s been done before but I’m staying strong with my wood chipper on the beach theory
Jmo
Sorry I know it’s awful

Not to worry, I had some thoughts down this same line. I toyed with the idea he skinned the elk and wrapped her in it, as the skin would shrink and harden and as tiny as SM was you would of never noticed her inside. And who in their right mind is going to dig thru a ripe smelling carcass or partial carcass.
PHEWWWW! I am so glad that at least one other person has toyed with this idea. I did minimal research to see if this would hinder the cadaver dogs, but I didn't really come up with any answers so if someone more knowledgeable could chime in that would be great!

PHEWWWW! I am so glad that at least one other person has toyed with this idea. I did minimal research to see if this would hinder the cadaver dogs, but I didn't really come up with any answers so if someone more knowledgeable could chime in that would be great!
In the world of Barry I think anything is possible, especially in his own mind.

I’m following the case of Found Deceased - OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, Carroll County, 13 April 2019 *ARREST*
It’s been done before but I’m staying strong with my wood chipper on the beach theory
Jmo
Sorry I know it’s awful
Eventually, you have to try to think of things that a criminal might think of even though it is truly awful. I like your theory too as sad as it may be! I always look forward to your posts & respect your thoughts on cases, so thank you!

Eventually, you have to try to think of things that a criminal might think of even though it is truly awful. I like your theory too as sad as it may be! I always look forward to your posts & respect your thoughts on cases, so thank you!
Thank you @Subiechik21 sometimes I hate posting what I think because of those that knew and loved our gal ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine