Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m following the case of Found Deceased - OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, Carroll County, 13 April 2019 *ARREST*
It’s been done before but I’m staying strong with my wood chipper on the beach theory
Jmo
Sorry I know it’s awful
@oviedo how would you ever clean that machine up? Or just dig a hole and bury it? I have always kept your theory in mind, and he chipped her right into the river , perhaps that is what he was covering up at the beach the chipper tracks! Ugh ! Adding I could never chip even a bird. JMO

I have a one word response to this ridiculousness...

Bull----

MOO
Amen to that.

I have no words to express how disgusting I think it is BM is attempting to cast shade on SM's family in a sad attempt to prop himself up as a loving husband.

There is one person who has fought to keep SMs case front and center with the media. There is one person who has organized two vigils and one massive search for SM. There is one person who has been working to exhaustion in this fight to find SM, to bring closure for her father, to bring justice to her killer.

And that one person, sadly, is NOT her husband.

MOO, JMO.

I’m following the case of Found Deceased - OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, Carroll County, 13 April 2019 *ARREST*
It’s been done before but I’m staying strong with my wood chipper on the beach theory
Jmo
Sorry I know it’s awful
@oviedo how would you ever clean that machine up? Or just dig a hole and bury it? I have always kept your theory in mind, and he chipped her right into the river , perhaps that is what he was covering up at the beach the chipper tracks! Ugh ! Adding I could never chip even a bird. JMO
ITA- there are myriad similarities.
I just want her ( you) back.

So I have thought about this for many months - I’ve watched the commercial wood chippers as they prepare for hurricanes (trees need to be cut to clear power lines) I’ve watched the feeding of the trunks and limbs and the resulting chips Which are minuscule - the device is a big old box - so the entire thing could be buried or taken apart and drenched in bleach - But it could also be dumped at a landfill - I know we want to believe LE had him under surveillance 24/7 but I’m gonna guess maybe not - he’s just so sure she won’t be found - I don’t know really but there is a confidence that I can’t pinpoint
JMO

I agree, when I was going through the photos from the same link the other day, there was another photo with a possible suspicious clearing. It stood out enough for me to stare at it for quite a few minutes!
View attachment 267895

It seems like you've lost faith in LE's search for Suzanne. Is there anything in particular that makes you lean that way? tia

So I have thought about this for many months - I’ve watched the commercial wood chippers as they prepare for hurricanes (trees need to be cut to clear power lines) I’ve watched the feeding of the trunks and limbs and the resulting chips Which are minuscule - the device is a big old box - so the entire thing could be buried or taken apart and drenched in bleach - But it could also be dumped at a landfill - I know we want to believe LE had him under surveillance 24/7 but I’m gonna guess maybe not - he’s just so sure she won’t be found - I don’t know really but there is a confidence that I can’t pinpoint
JMO
I just read up on wood chippers used in a forest setting, seems this is a common tool to control overgrowth and under brush. Could not link it here for some reason. Tried taking a screenshot and the file was to big to post. USDA Forest Dept. They had some good drawings of spec sheets. The ones I looked at are very pricey 35K and up.
Forest Operations Equipment Catalog: Chippers

Last edited:
I think you folks are far more "creative" in thinking of disposal techniques than a certain bobcat operator. Maybe that comes from marinating in true crime for awhile, I don't know. I'd be surprised if SM was disposed of in any of the ways that some have theorized. I don't think Suzanne's killer was quite on that level of evil genius, for lack of a better adjective.

IMO

I think you folks are far more "creative" in thinking of disposal techniques than a certain bobcat operator. Maybe that comes from marinating in true crime for awhile, I don't know. I'd be surprised if SM was disposed of in any of the ways that some have theorized. I don't think Suzanne's killer was quite on that level of evil genius, for lack of a better adjective.

IMO
I hope you are 100% right.

I just read up on wood chippers used in a forest setting, seems this is a common tool to control overgrowth and under brush. Could not link it here for some reason. Tried taking a screenshot and the file was to big to post. USDA Forest Dept. They had some good drawings of spec sheets. The ones I looked at are very pricey 35K and up.
Forest Operations Equipment Catalog: Chippers
There's a YT of a Bobcat wood chipper attachment.

IMO

Agree completely. People go with what they know, and our boy is a dirt guy.

IMO
Not only that, but disposing of bodies in those ways is rare on the whole.

Look at this wood chipper idea for instance. That requires BM to get a hold of that machinery when he was still struggling to figure out how he was going to handle his alibi.

Then he has to use a machine that leaves a tremendous amount of evidence in its wake (blood, bone, hair), and he obviously would have had to get rid of that equipment too.

Hell, that’s as difficult as getting rid of a body.

His major issue here was a lack of time (last minute alibi). Add in something “creative,” and it just doesn’t seem to work.

I think he went about this the easiest and most effective way that he possibly could.

He buried her somewhere remote.

Look at this wood chipper idea for instance. That requires BM to get a hold of that machinery when he was still struggling to figure out how he was going to handle his alibi.

Then he has to use a machine that leaves a tremendous amount of evidence in its wake (blood, bone, hair), and he obviously would have had to get rid of that equipment too.

His major issue here was a lack of time (last minute alibi). Add in something “creative,” and it just doesn’t seem to work.

I think he went about this the easiest and most effective way that he possibly could.

Certainly plenty of remote to go around in that part of CO.

JMO
You've talked about this almost since the beginning. I've thought about the possibility but just can't wrap my head around a person actually doing it. That said, if you turn out to be right, I'm flying to FL and whisking you off to Vegas.

We grind woodwaste at work once a quarter. It's a very large tub grinder which might be bigger than the one you have in mind. The material is primarily construction lumber and greenwaste, but will take limbs and stumps up to three feet in diameter. There is a lot of flying debris when the grinder is in operation. We have a specific area far away from customers for that reason. I'll add that if some brought a chipper in for disposal at our site, it would draw a lot of attention. We wouldn't bury something like that, it would go in our scrap metal pile for recycling. Customers eagle eye that scrap pile and frequently try to take materials home for some project they have. State law prevents salvaging but it doesn't stop them from trying.

Is your thought Barry owns a chipper? I'm still wondering about his business equipment. Is everything he owns on that trailer he lugs around and in the bed of his truck? That just doesn't seem feasible to me. Wish someone would go open that garage door and snap a picture of what's in there!

I think Barry did simple. Chris Watts did what/where he knew. I don’t think Barry planned out the where as I don’t think he went home intending to murder Suzanne. I really don’t. He certainly took control of her assets quickly though. I could see him thinking it was his right-especially if he mentally takes no responsibility for her death. I think he has a savvy financial advisor or attorney back in Indiana who is steering him. I don’t think he was hitting the books himself on guardianships and rule of law. He might be a criminal but he is no mastermind, in my opinion.

You've talked about this almost since the beginning. I've thought about the possibility but just can't wrap my head around a person actually doing it. That said, if you turn out to be right, I'm flying to FL and whisking you off to Vegas.

We grind woodwaste at work once a quarter. It's a very large tub grinder which might be bigger than the one you have in mind. The material is primarily construction lumber and greenwaste, but will take limbs and stumps up to three feet in diameter. There is a lot of flying debris when the grinder is in operation. We have a specific area far away from customers for that reason. I'll add that if some brought a chipper in for disposal at our site, it would draw a lot of attention. We wouldn't bury something like that, it would go in our scrap metal pile for recycling. Customers eagle eye that scrap pile and frequently try to take materials home for some project they have. State law prevents salvaging but it doesn't stop them from trying.

Is your thought Barry owns a chipper? I'm still wondering about his business equipment. Is everything he owns on that trailer he lugs around and in the bed of his truck? That just doesn't seem feasible to me. Wish someone would go open that garage door and snap a picture of what's in there!
I know I’m a broken record and others have reminded me that it’s a very slim chance but let me just say this : I come from a LE family and have a deputy fire chief among my acquaintances- and there is a fire camp and the husband is a volunteer FF and there were mechanical noises heard - it’s a lot of coincidences IMO and we have nothing found regarding her body or potential cadaver dog scents -so as our @MassGuy believes she’s either buried in those acres (if true my guess is 5 miles within Marital home) or our gal is floating down that river so prevalently displayed in the current listing for the marital home- and yes I believe he has access to a commercial wood chipper
IMO

Possibly. Or maybe Barry just listed it to give online sleuths a piece of meat to chew on while he busied himself with something else. I'm not saying this is what he definitely did, just that it's possible. After all, if he can "bait" deer with corn/oats (a class C misdemeanor in Indiana, btw, which makes me doubt that he intends to do that here), then he can certainly "bait" online sleuths with an online real estate listing.
I'm guessing he has probably taken some of the "bait" that LE has put out/left for him too! And the funnier thing is, he doesn't even realize it! LOL

JMO

When i think of a woodchipper, 1. Damn thats a heartless way to dispose of a human, theres gotta be some devil level rage happening but also 2. DNA, DNA, DNA everywhere theres no way someone could go something that violent and destroy all evidence of the incident. ITA with your assessment, BM went easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member