Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’m a broken record and others have reminded me that it’s a very slim chance but let me just say this : I come from a LE family and have a deputy fire chief among my acquaintances- and there is a fire camp and the husband is a volunteer FF and there were mechanical noises heard - it’s a lot of coincidences IMO and we have nothing found regarding her body or potential cadaver dog scents -so as our @MassGuy believes she’s either buried in those acres (if true my guess is 5 miles within Marital home) or our gal is floating down that river so prevalently displayed in the current listing for the marital home- and yes I believe he has access to a commercial wood chipper
IMO
Not a broken record, I think you have an intuitive feeling that isn't leaving you alone. I've look at the area off 240 with a lot of interest, the fire camp is also in that area.

Not only that, but disposing of bodies in those ways is rare on the whole.

Look at this wood chipper idea for instance. That requires BM to get a hold of that machinery when he was still struggling to figure out how he was going to handle his alibi.

Then he has to use a machine that leaves a tremendous amount of evidence in its wake (blood, bone, hair), and he obviously would have had to get rid of that equipment too.

Hell, that’s as difficult as getting rid of a body.

His major issue here was a lack of time (last minute alibi). Add in something “creative,” and it just doesn’t seem to work.

I think he went about this the easiest and most effective way that he possibly could.

He buried her somewhere remote.

Agree with that. The human mind can get spinning on all kinds of fantastical scenarios if challenged to do so, but in reality humans tend to gravitate to what is easiest, simplest, fastest and effective. When you look at the sheer vastness and mountain ruggedness of a state like CO, there are a million built-in disposal sites without needing to go all James Patterson on the case.

IMO

Last edited:
Amen to that.

I have no words to express how disgusting I think it is BM is attempting to cast shade on SM's family in a sad attempt to prop himself up as a loving husband.

his

There is one person who has fought to keep SMs case front and center with the media. There is one person who has organized two vigils and one massive search for SM. There is one person who has been working to exhaustion in this fight to find SM, to bring closure for her father, to bring justice to her killer.

And that one person, sadly, is NOT her husband.

MOO, JMO.

His true personality is shining thru like a thousand lightbulbs flashing at once. The love letters SM wrote to him do not influence my opinion that he is guilty in any way. Him showing these to the public is just more spin like the huge reward he offered. But I’m sure his fans on social media will use these to try to show how mistreated he is. How many spouses have written love letters to their spouse and then ended up dead?

I don't know why anybody should be given guardianship of someone who is missing when there is an active criminal investigation going on!!!
Because of the U.S. Constitution 5th & 14th amendments. BM has not been arrested, charged, or convicted. Further, no one legally challenged BM going for temporary, then permanent guardianship in civil court. The court of public opinion has no say in legal matters.

IMO.

Perhaps. Though if his motive is financial, he's certainly not taking reasonable steps to maximize the sale price: staging the home nicely, superb website photos, etc.
my opinion is "he's not taking reasonable steps..." for probably several reasons but a couple that come to my mind immediately are 1) he would have to SPEND some money to stage it appropriately, and 2) he doesn't want to waste any more TIME than he has to in getting rid of it. Which probably either one aren't too out of line actually because hopefully he's thought about probably going to need some money for his defense, etc. JMO

Certainly plenty of remote to go around in that part of CO.
The way his body language was described by witnesses prancing back and forth at the window....
I think she is 100% on the Morphew 7 acres or possibly just out on the edges of the national forest they back onto.

The few skills Barry has that is unfortunate is knowing how to work the land and he had every possible tool in the kit to help him bury a body and leave no trace, above that he is a hunter and tracker and knows what he couldn't leave behind.

moo

I'm curious. I heard of something called the Hyper-Cam, a sensor that analyzes infrared light waves to detect recently disturbed earth. Did LE or AM use such a device in their searches? How effective is it? Could it rule out burial by Bobcat in this case? Or in the alternative, find SM even now?
Good idea!

just jumping off your post, I wonder whatever happened to the VisLaw, or whatever it was called, that was supposed to show possible disturbed ground, etc.?? Have we heard anything about that? Possibly I've just missed it?

I don't recall this at all but know this info wouldn't have come from LE. Do we have verification on this?
Guess I recalled incorrectly. I can't even find where I read the coolers are missing now. Apparently I lack at recall and/or re-research. My new ”teaching” gig is messing up my research breaks from the full time job. Back to lurking.

Guess I recalled incorrectly. I can't even find where I read the coolers are missing now. Apparently I lack at recall and/or re-research. My new ”teaching” gig is messing up my research breaks from the full time job. Back to lurking.
It's been discussed here so I do think it came from an approved source, but then I could be wrong.
Good luck with your new teaching job. Very admirable. No need to lurk. :)

He could have changed all that, with the right advice. I think he needed expert advice.

A person who could make up their own mind not to look for their wife (publicly and in every other way) based on the fact that "everyone thinks he did it" needs help or advice or something.
Serious mental help but I doubt that would be an impetus for a loving husband to completely abandon trying to find their wife, unless they knew what happened to her.

Exclusive: Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims regarding the disappearance of wife, Suzanne | FOX21 News Colorado

Moorman said CBI agents brought up other concerns as well.

“They did ask us, ‘why can’t we find any coolers at the house?’ And I said, ‘well I have no idea. I don’t know how many they had to begin with,” he said. “But I assume, as a hunter and a guy that maybe camps, he would have a few, and they couldn’t find a single one.”

Not only that, but disposing of bodies in those ways is rare on the whole.

Look at this wood chipper idea for instance. That requires BM to get a hold of that machinery when he was still struggling to figure out how he was going to handle his alibi.

Then he has to use a machine that leaves a tremendous amount of evidence in its wake (blood, bone, hair), and he obviously would have had to get rid of that equipment too.

Hell, that’s as difficult as getting rid of a body.

His major issue here was a lack of time (last minute alibi). Add in something “creative,” and it just doesn’t seem to work.

I think he went about this the easiest and most effective way that he possibly could.

He buried her somewhere remote.

Agreed.

But remote is relative, or at least, less remote for those of us who live in areas similar to where SUZANNE lived. There are many remote places she cannot be—because of time, accessibility, and because some places that feel remote, really are not.

So I’m entreating the universe, and SUZANNE’s spirit, to help her remains to be located. Which I believe will happen. And I believe LE is working daily to narrow the scope of remote areas where she could be.

SUZANNE is coming home, BM.

Certainly plenty of remote to go around in that part of CO.

See that is the thing for me. Everywhere is remote there. Even his own property is considered remote to me. So when I think of the possibility of him trailoring up that bobcat and hauling it somewhere to dispose of SM, my thoughts lately is where could he take that machine and feel safe to do about an hour or so of work with it. A really safe place. Like maybe even a place he could pull in and close the gate behind him because its private property. Im not sure if he knew of such a place but there may have been someone either close to him or in his circle of friends that may let him come and go onto property for his other regular business reasons like getting extra dirt or extra rocks.

Or even a place like some leased hunting grounds. Some people that hunt with buddies will sometimes share a hunting lease where they all chip in and pay the landowner for access to the hunting lands. They will sometimes have gates on the main access and the people who acquire hunting leases have a key to the gate. Sometimes even year round because of scouting and setting up deer blinds, bear blinds, and other prep work that has to be done even before a hunting season starts.

Just thinking of some place where he felt so comfortable that he could back the bobcat off the trailer and use it without worrying about anyone stopping him or confronting him about what he was doing.
JMO if the bobcat was used.

See that is the thing for me. Everywhere is remote there. Even his own property is considered remote to me. So when I think of the possibility of him trailoring up that bobcat and hauling it somewhere to dispose of SM, my thoughts lately is where could he take that machine and feel safe to do about an hour or so of work with it. A really safe place. Like maybe even a place he could pull in and close the gate behind him because its private property. Im not sure if he knew of such a place but there may have been someone either close to him or in his circle of friends that may let him come and go onto property for his other regular business reasons like getting extra dirt or extra rocks.

Or even a place like some leased hunting grounds. Some people that hunt with buddies will sometimes share a hunting lease where they all chip in and pay the landowner for access to the hunting lands. They will sometimes have gates on the main access and the people who acquire hunting leases have a key to the gate. Sometimes even year round because of scouting and setting up deer blinds, bear blinds, and other prep work that has to be done even before a hunting season starts.

Just thinking of some place where he felt so comfortable that he could back the bobcat off the trailer and use it without worrying about anyone stopping him or confronting him about what he was doing.
JMO if the bobcat was used.
His own property? But then someone would have heard the noise.

i have a legal-ish question.

can a POI, or a victim, take legal action on a youtube channel that discusses him/her and their specific case at hand? or is youtube considered free speech?

can LE request or insist a youtube channel take down videos if there is a possible upcoming arrest and said videos could hinder the investigation?

youtube true crime is new-ish territory, so i have no idea. anyone know?

jmo.
Great question
Seems like a fair amount of reacting by ytubers happening
Beyond curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics