Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO is it was a friend of BM and BM possibly had no idea because he was busy hiding his own Secret affairs. I think they need to check landfills that body would have been dumped in the Lakewood area MOO. I feel that someone was passing thru in a minivan and should track that person down think I read early on suspicious minivan with Arizona plates was seen MOO

I know you have indicated this is all opinion but even speculation requires some basis in fact on WS. Upon what allowed/linked information are you basing these suspicions please?

MOO is it was a friend of BM and BM possibly had no idea because he was busy hiding his own Secret affairs. I think they need to check landfills that body would have been dumped in the Lakewood area MOO. I feel that someone was passing thru in a minivan and should track that person down think I read early on suspicious minivan with Arizona plates was seen MOO
At some point while accessing the area or departing that van would be on a camera.

I'm also curious IF LE had any previous encounters with BM that made them question this from the start ?
Or the firefighter's BM volunteered with ?
Or BM's workplace --any issues there that made employees go "Hmm..." ?
Imo.
Excellent questions, I've wondered the same. It seems BM came out of the gate pointing a finger at LE. Even though he attributed it to the friend who was at the bike discovery scene. He had no problem repeating CCSO messed up the evidence, not just once. But in every recording we've heard.o_O

...Phone tree. The normal response, especially for a TRAINED FIRST RESPONDER. Alert as many people as possible, to find her as quickly as possible.

Unless, of course, it's too soon for that.

JMO
Yes, and how about phone tree with all of their church members. They are usually the first ones to help the community when someone is in need. That's who I would be calling (along with my contacts at the fire department if I were a first responder).

I myself would not be calling 911 right away because it's been just a few hours, and my loved one could be anywhere. Now, if I wanted to get the ball rolling with the "missing" scenario, I guess that I would have someone do that; otherwise, that is not the route I would initially take.

RSBM

Sure, if my loved one went missing I'd be incredibly specific.
But SM didn't go missing from either Denver or Broomfield (that we know of), so it's kind of a moot point.

jmo

Well, I guess I also meant "alibi building." If one is living locally and trying to build a credible alibi, so that one can avoid LE suspicion and also keep a few business contracts that will surely evaporate if the alibi isn't believed, it seems to me one would try to learn local language.

At the same time, it's entirely possible that, being new to CO, BM really did think of Broomfield as being "Denver."

I agree it's not too suspicious, but it does keep in the role of "newbie" to the area, as opposed to someone who has had a couple of years to assimilate (he joined the volunteers in 2018). Perhaps he's just routinely vague, there are plenty of people who are.

If BM truly believes that there's a possibility that Suzanne was abducted (and he seems to have put that out there), he'd want the whole state of CO to aid in helping to find her. He'd gain more interest and sympathy by revealing his various connections to places in CO and, now that I think about it, ought to have approached both Colorado Springs and Denver news stations and enlisted their help in getting people to be on the lookout.

My relatives in CO have never heard anything about Suzanne's case (there were other people who went missing around the same time in Denver, so BM would have had to make an effort to get his story out in that news market). LE seems completely focused on Salida and Indiana...

SM? Stepfather of her daughter? I'm confused. Sorry.

Stepfather of daughter's boyfriend. Has spoken to MSM about the case.

Sorry if I mis-typed. I presume that the same man, his wife, and probably the boyfriend have all been interviewed by LE. I also believe it's very likely that other friends and acquaintances of the family have been interviewed. Early on.

I'm too lazy today to go through the MSM thread but I think there's a bit more information about the boyfriend's stepdad out there. Not much, but clearly a good friend of the family/BM.

I see BM as a social type who met more people in the course of a day and sustained casual friendships in a hearty way, while Suzanne was less social (we've heard very little from her friend group or acquaintances in Salida/Maysville).

Yes, and how about phone tree with all of their church members. They are usually the first ones to help the community when someone is in need. That's who I would be calling (along with my contacts at the fire department if I were a first responder).

I myself would not be calling 911 right away because it's been just a few hours, and my loved one could be anywhere. Now, if I wanted to get the ball rolling with the "missing" scenario, I guess that I would have someone do that; otherwise, that is not the route I would initially take.
Except that the terrain around the house is very rugged. As you say, Barry, being a volunteer firefighter would know that trained search and rescue would be faster, quicker and more experienced than calling and asking for church volunteers or some such thing. There isn’t anything about the sequence Sunday night that bothers me other than if indeed the bike was handled by a bunch of people which was probably not a great idea on the part of LE but understandable perhaps in the confusion.

I'm also curious IF LE had any previous encounters with BM that made them question this from the start ?
Or the firefighter's BM volunteered with ?
Or BM's workplace --any issues there that made employees go "Hmm..." ?
Imo.
DBM

Start a phone tree with church members? Not sure how that would have helped if she’s laying on the side of the road injured. IMO

If it’s true her bike was missing, it’s easy to come to the conclusion she went on a bike ride, which apparently she enjoyed doing. My first concern would be bike accident. She fell or was hit by a car. She could be alive but injured and unable to walk, etc. The terrain around that area is not a leisurely ride either. Unless she only rode on paved streets in a subdivision, as an example.

I’m basing my opinion on that moment, back in May, not 5 + months later with what we know now and have heavily speculated on.

I now believe the bike was staged.

IMO

Yes.
When someone goes missing and the police think they were abducted, that very hour they start putting out missing flyer type info on their website, facebook, nextdoor and etc. Not so here.

Or their spouse puts out flyers, knocks on doors, visits places of business and talks to staff, organizes searches, is in the media in a positive way and works with LE. Not here either...

Or their spouse puts out flyers, knocks on doors, visits places of business and talks to staff, organizes searches, is in the media in a positive way and works with LE. Not here either...
Most spouses are willing to move Heaven and Earth to bring their missing loved one home. Barry waited a week, released a short video, and has only utilized the media to take pot shots at those who dared speak out.

It’s all about him at this point. Hell, it’s always been about him.

Start a phone tree with church members? Not sure how that would have helped if she’s laying on the side of the road injured...
By a phone tree, I mean call church members to see if they have seen Suzanne and to help look for her and to call others to do the same.

There's power in numbers. There are plenty of men, women and children at our church who would search for and call around for a missing church member. This is what I would do if it were a legitimate concern.

They would also volunteer their time to make flyers and do whatever was needed to help bring my loved one home.

Last edited:
I just saw another Dateline with Jennifer Kesse's parents. She's been missing about 14 years, I believe. They have posted flyers, organized search parties, hired PI's, sued the police department for her files. They have offered reward money, appeared on every television show that will have them, all in an effort to keep her name and face out in the public.

They said that they will do this until they draw their last breath. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be for one that you love?

Last edited:
Most spouses are willing to move Heaven and Earth to bring their missing loved one home. Barry waited a week, released a short video, and has only utilized the media to take pot shots at those who dared speak out.

It’s all about him at this point. Hell, it’s always been about him.
I agree completely but where else is the immediate family in this ? I’m struggling with this. I know I can’t say more but sheesh if my mom was missing.. just sayin

Except for what the disappearer knew, it wasn't a search and rescue mission initially. It was a seek and locate. Maybe she'd ridden off and met with a friend. Maybe she'd stopped somewhere for a bike repair or a real sandwich. Maybe she'd gotten a flat tire far from home, with no phone.

Did BM ask the neighbor to look for Suzanne's phone, purse, helmet, shoes?

Didn't think of ANY of that, did he?

I wonder how happy he was that his house got locked down. Bet he didn't see that coming. His entire story required them focused on the bike. Look over there.

To bad for him, they did. Which made them look right back at him.

His wife is missing and he's been at odds with LE from the very first night. "We were angry that first night...."

Seems he's been angry ever since.

JMO

Except for what the disappearer knew, it wasn't a search and rescue mission initially. It was a seek and locate. Maybe she'd ridden off and met with a friend. Maybe she'd stopped somewhere for a bike repair or a real sandwich. Maybe she'd gotten a flat tire far from home, with no phone.

I wonder how happy he was that his house got locked down. Bet he didn't see that coming. His entire story required them focused on the bike. Look over there.

His wife is missing and he's been at odds with LE from the very first night. "We were angry that first night...."

JMO
He’s always angry. That’s not what most spouses would feel in this situation. He should feel fear and wonder. Like I wonder where my wife is? He has a scenario for it all. I don’t get wonder from him at all. Which I think I think is telling.

JMO
We don’t know the content of any conversations between the daughters, Barry or the neighbor but whatever was shared and said caused the decision to be made to call the emergency number.

JMO
We don’t know the content of any conversations between the daughters, Barry or the neighbor but whatever was shared and said caused the decision to be made to call the emergency number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow