Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By a phone tree, I mean call church members to see if they have seen Suzanne and to help look for her and to call others to do the same.

There's power in numbers. There are plenty of men, women and children at our church who would search for and call around for a missing church member. This is what I would do if it were a legitimate concern.

They would also volunteer their time to make flyers and do whatever was needed to help bring my loved one home.

I understand, however....

I would have criticized BM and the family if they would have NOT contacted LE as quickly as they did and waited. I would have said with the bike not at home, it was a waste of time to call people to see if they saw her. In that circumstance, I think his/their action was appropriate. It appears an official search, with professionals, started rather quickly for SM. I don’t think you can get better than that. Again, I’m talking about that moment, those early hours of her being missing. IMO

I understand, however....

I would have criticized BM and the family if they would have NOT contacted LE as quickly as they did and waited. I would have said with the bike not at home, it was a waste of time to call people to see if they saw her. In that circumstance, I think his/their action was appropriate. It appears an official search, with professionals, started rather quickly for SM. I don’t think you can get better than that. Again, I’m talking about that moment, those early hours of her being missing. IMO
But isn’t that telling nobody would have looked for me that quick if I went missing. It was like immediate which in itself is strange to me. Maybe thats why chafee was like wtf ?

I just saw another Dateline with Jennifer Kesse's parents. She's been missing about 14 years, I believe. They have posted flyers, organized search parties, hired PI's, sued the police department for her files. They have offered reward money, appeared on every television show that will have them, all in an effort to keep her name and face out in the public.

They said that they will do this until they draw their last breath. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be for one that you love?
Yes. Love.

But isn’t that telling nobody would have looked for me that quick if I went missing. It was like immediate which in itself is strange to me. Maybe thats why chafee was like wtf ?

If it was normal for SM not to be reachable during the day, not to respond to texts or answer/return phone calls and bike in the early evening, return at dusk or later, then it was overkill maybe to contact LE right away. IMO

He’s always angry. That’s not what most spouses would feel in this situation. He should feel fear and wonder. Like I wonder where my wife is? He has a scenario for it all. I don’t get wonder from him at all. Which I think I think is telling.
Totally agree with you.
Moo. His anger must have been glaringly suspicious to LE that first night. Speeze wasn't a rookie. He's been around the block more than a few times. An angry attitude would have been impossible to ignore.

Imo, he's accustomed to steam rolling his way through life, disregarding any accountability for his actions. I think Suzanne finally refused to be squashed and it cost her her life.

His anger is serving him well to keep his inner circle in line. He's proven that he's a force to be reckoned with. Noone wants to call him a liar.

However, those outside of his circle can hear his lies for what they are. The one honest emotion, that came across to my ears as genuine, was in LS's phone interview. This whole fuss over Suzanne pains him. And even that glimpse of honest emotion, came out as he was attacking LE.

He has never once thanked a single person for any thing that has been done to help find Suzanne. He has not even expressed thanks to his bff army ranger dude, but just used his resume to puff up his own persona.
Because he doesn't want her found. Moo of course.

Totally agree with you.
Moo. His anger must have been glaringly suspicious to LE that first night. Speeze wasn't a rookie. He's been around the block more than a few times. An angry attitude would have been impossible to ignore.

Imo, he's accustomed to steam rolling his way through life, disregarding any accountability for his actions. I think Suzanne finally refused to be squashed and it cost her her life.

His anger is serving him well to keep his inner circle in line. He's proven that he's a force to be reckoned with. Noone wants to call him a liar.

However, those outside of his circle can hear his lies for what they are. The one honest emotion, that came across to my ears as genuine, was in LS's phone interview. This whole fuss over Suzanne pains him. And even that glimpse of honest emotion, came out as he was attacking LE.

He has never once thanked a single person for any thing that has been done to help find Suzanne. He has not even expressed thanks to his bff army ranger dude, but just used his resume to puff up his own persona.
Because he doesn't want her found. Moo of course.
This is dead on. Who would offer a $ reward for her safe return, yet not thank all of the concerned people that have done every thing in their power to search for Suzanne? Big disconnect.

In fact, he apparently greeted the people participating in the most recent search with a gun and cameras. Clearly, BM does not support the effort to find Suzanne.

I don't think we will see any legal movement in this case until at least 1/2021, when the newly elected DA takes office. I don't live in the area so I think I truly underestimated the potential effect of the recent elections, electing a new DA. As I dug back, there has been a bit of political turmoil in the area, under prosecuted cases, a suicide, etc. I have no idea how that figures in.

JMO, MOO

Not a Nano-Second to Spare?
Many ppl now believe whatever happened to SM was drastic. Life Threatening, abducted, killed?
But 'rewinding the video' 6 mo's to May 10, would
(innocent, non-involved) persons in BM's shoes conclude the same?

Wouldn't ppl in his shoes think of several benign explanations for SM's non-response to calls & texts, e.g., poor cell connectivity; SM napping; long winded calls w IN. BFF; sitting on patio reading news; running errands in town; drinking coffee at friend's house, etc.

Even after neighbor said 'bike is not in garage,' would
(innocent, non-involved) person conclude: life-threatening w urgency of house-on-fire, and compelling a 911 call?

W a wide spectrum of benign reasons for SM's non-response possible, why jump to LT scenario?
Maybe my presumed chronology of events is off, so jm2cts.

I believe it's been said that it was normal for SM to take a bike ride in the morning before church. So if her normal biking time was early morning, and she missed the online church service, and she hadn't been responding to texts or calls all day, and the bike was still missing at 5:46, I think the decision to call 911 makes some sense. Especially given that the bike trails in that area are presumably somewhat dangerous and it would be getting dark soon. Whatever facts were relayed to LE were apparently sufficient to get a prompt response and start an immediate search.

Not sure if this means anything but an interesting fact I learned yesterday.

I was with family in an impromptu outside Thanksgiving celebration(its warmer than usual here) and have an uncle that is a retired Firefighter from a large city. I asked him if the number 5 meant anything to firefighters. He immediately replied its the bell toll. Kind of freaked me out and he said, if a firefighter or VIP passes in the line of duty the Chief taps out a signal over all radio's. It's 5 dashes, pause, 5 dashes, pause than a final 5 dashes. Pretty somber and not sure if it helps any....

About that 5, I don't think Chris and Mike meant to be eternally cryptic. I think they thought that the information was coming in that would yield an imminent arrest. And possibly the information was THAT damning, but they may have jumped the gun a bit. And of course, there may be other pieces at play, like the status of the DA in an election year. We may see the movement Mike and Chris predicted within the next three months IMO. Interesting information, @Hoss569. Maybe it was in fact a signal from PE that it was game over, for someone who'd know EXACTLY what 5 means, in firefighter speak.

JMO

About that 5, I don't think Chris and Mike meant to be eternally cryptic. I think they thought that the information was coming in that would yield an imminent arrest. And possibly the information was THAT damning, but they may have jumped the gun a bit. And of course, there may be other pieces at play, like the status of the DA in an election year. We may see the movement Mike and Chris predicted within the next three months IMO. Interesting information, @Hoss569. Maybe it was in fact a signal from PE that it was game over, for someone who'd know EXACTLY what 5 means, in firefighter speak.

JMO

@Megnut , you couldn't have said it better.

I agree - BM's life as a free man may be running out very, very soon. An arrest may be sooner than we think.

JMVHO.

I believe it's been said that it was normal for SM to take a bike ride in the morning before church. So if her normal biking time was early morning, and she missed the online church service, and she hadn't been responding to texts or calls all day, and the bike was still missing at 5:46, I think the decision to call 911 makes some sense. Especially given that the bike trails in that area are presumably somewhat dangerous and it would be getting dark soon. Whatever facts were relayed to LE were apparently sufficient to get a prompt response and start an immediate search.
The timeline of 5/10 makes no sense to me. If the first confirmed contact with LE was at 5:46 PM, I find it very hard to believe they were able to put together a sizeable skilled search party that same evening, and "luckily" find the bike.

I think someone was already concerned about Suzanne's safety and had given LE a heads-up before 5:46. 5:46 is just when it became official, according to Barry.

Completely JMO, MOO

I just saw another Dateline with Jennifer Kesse's parents. She's been missing about 14 years, I believe. They have posted flyers, organized search parties, hired PI's, sued the police department for her files. They have offered reward money, appeared on every television show that will have them, all in an effort to keep her name and face out in the public.

They said that they will do this until they draw their last breath. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be for one that you love?
If we are still waiting for an arrest in 14 years from now, then one or more of the following are true...

a) BM isn’t just a simple-minded jock
b) LE botched the investigation
c) BM is innocent

JMO

By the way I look at this case and many more, among other things, every day there will be more murders and justice will not be done for the victims and their families. Killing would be how to drink in glass of water from the oils.

I’m at the point where I don’t care about BM’s behavior or how he has responded to SM’s disappearance. I don’t care that he isn’t standing behind a microphone begging for her return.
Furthermore, I am becoming apathetic to the fact that LE appeared to zero in on BM from the get go. I don’t care how many hours they’ve spent interviewing him or how many of his job sites they’ve searched or how many warrants they‘ve executed on his house.

If he’s guilty, arrest the guy.

I’m at the point where I don’t care about BM’s behavior or how he has responded to SM’s disappearance. I don’t care that he isn’t standing behind a microphone begging for her return.
Furthermore, I am becoming apathetic to the fact that LE appeared to zero in on BM from the get go. I don’t care how many hours they’ve spent interviewing him or how many of his job sites they’ve searched or how many warrants they‘ve executed on his house.

If he’s guilty, arrest the guy.
You don’t arrest a guy because he is guilty, you arrest a guy when you can prove in a courtroom that he is guilty.

It’s not wise to arrest a guy because the public is impatient. The stakes are too high.

If BM’s arrest has not yet occurred because of a lack of evidence, it says something. I’m not sure what, but it says something.
JMO
It says there’s no body, which is why I figured this would take over 6 months since day one.

The burden is a hell of a lot higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member