Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but we don't know that he hasn't cried. I thought he did look distraught during his public statement and that's all we've actually witnessed as to his behavior.

Distraught was not the demeanour that I inferred from the video. But I do hope you are right, for the sake of the daughters and also for civilisation in general.

if sm did indeed ride a bike sunday morning and the bike was discovered away from their property then for what reason would le need to cordon off and search the house?

imo le doesn’t believe sm disappeared during a bike ride because the personal item(s) discovered off the side of the road maybe suggests something else happened and it began in the house

if sm did indeed ride a bike sunday morning and the bike was discovered away from their property then for what reason would le need to cordon off and search the house?

imo le doesn’t believe sm disappeared during a bike ride because the personal item(s) discovered off the side of the road maybe suggests something else happened and it began in the house

I guess there's a possibility that she actually did go for a bike ride, left her bike for some reason (mechanical problems?), walked back home, and something happened there? Seems less likely but I do think her actually going for a ride is still within the realm of possibilities.

Ita.
"Lesser mortals" might be out searching , as well.
Looking everywhere in the woods, trails, or wherever ... until they dropped from exhaustion.
Even IF you thought someone kidnapped your loved one, wouldn't you be aggressively searching and doing everything you could ?
Amber Duboise' parents searched ceaselessly even though they believed she'd been taken.
Sadly they were correct.
Just saying what I'd do as well.

"Morphew’s fire department colleagues have been ordered not to take part in the search by police, although locals said Morphew and his friends have been out looking for Suzanne."

I'm going to guess that, if The Sheriff's office doesn't want any of the "fire guys" searching, then they don't want BLM or any other family members searching either. But, again... we have no way to know, either way, if BLM is searching so; I won't assume he's not. Jmo.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Well there are three agencies involved. Can we assume, they, at least have an indication of what might have gone down. All I do is look at the satellite image, and just think, who (can be plural) can pull this off and how.
That huge house sitting surrounded by huge trees and brush with no neighbors nearby would give me the major creeps. It stand out like a sore thumb and being all alone in that house especially at night would be super creepy. I have no problem living alone but would have a problem in that big house with neighbor so far away. If you had to step outside at night for whatever reason I’m sure it’s pitch black unless lights are on. Wild animals could be lurking on the property at night too. I can’t believe poor Suzanne was all alone in that house with no working cameras. There is no way my loving husband would leave me alone overnight without checking cameras. No way. The cameras would be checked and working before he left. Has it been reported if BM was actually residing on the property with Suzanne? Could they have been separated? A good friend of mine and her husband who is a lieutenant for our local PD are well respected and known in our community for doing lots of charity work and go to my church but infidelity did occur. It caused problems in the marriage. They hid their unhappy marriage from the community. Big smiles and hugs when in public. They pretended everything was perfectly fine around others. He was living in an apartment outside of town not too far from her house. You Just never know what happens behind closed doors. I read the interview with the fire fighter and this came to mind. This case is baffling. I’m not making any assumptions until LE has more information to report.

I felt that BM video on Sunday was less of a plea for her safe return, and more of a plea to the public to believe he loves her and is distraught, is how my partner and I read it.

Given the tiny little pieces that we have been given as fact, it makes perfect sense that the daughters and other family members have not come forward, its so heartbreaking and confusing, I can't imagine their emotional process right now. These poor young ladies are having to come to terms with the fact they have likely lost one loving and supportive parent and maybe soon have to come to terms with "losing" the other. So. Sad. :(

Forever reader. Here for Abby/Libby, Jennifer Dulos, Gannon and now Suzanne.

I never post but feel compelled to say: if I ever go missing, I have a confidant. Two actually. My best friend and mom know everything about my life and marriage. No one else does. We (hubby and I) are mid-forties, married 15 years, three healthy and happy kids, many friends, active within our church and school community.

By all appearances, we are Instagram and Facebook lovely.
But ask my mom. Or my best friend. They might have a thing or two to say about the status of things.

All this to say, there is someone out there who is Suzanne’s confidant: a best friend, aunt, brother, or neighbor. And they’ll know what to tell the authorities. So perhaps someone IS speaking up for Suzanne, in the shadows, if there is another version of her story to tell.

Forever reader. Here for Abby/Libby, Jennifer Dulos, Gannon and now Suzanne.

I never post but feel compelled to say: if I ever go missing, I have a confidant. Two actually. My best friend and mom know everything about my life and marriage. No one else does. We (hubby and I) are mid-forties, married 15 years, three healthy and happy kids, many friends, active within our church and school community.

By all appearances, we are Instagram and Facebook lovely.
But ask my mom. Or my best friend. They might have a thing or two to say about the status of things.

All this to say, there is someone out there who is Suzanne’s confidant: a best friend, aunt, brother, or neighbor. And they’ll know what to tell the authorities. So perhaps someone IS speaking up for Suzanne, in the shadows, if there is another version of her story to tell.
100% agree and those people are probably working with police as opposed to speaking publicly.

I guess there's a possibility that she actually did go for a bike ride, left her bike for some reason (mechanical problems?), walked back home, and something happened there? Seems less likely but I do think her actually going for a ride is still within the realm of possibilities.

Possible, but if she couldn't walk the bike back, I'd imagine she'd tuck her bike in the woods so as not to be stolen.
I mountain bike almost everyday - sometimes I get off the bike to meander around: I always tuck in away out of sight.
(although we still don't know precisely where & what condition bike was in: maybe it WAS tucked away/hidden)
JMO

I know. I don't believe in someone "staging" this bike. good grief. This isn't a movie.

Scott Peterson left the family dog outside with a leash on to stage the scene, to make it look like Lacey left on a walk and never returned.

Mark Hacking parked his wife’s car at a park/trail to make it look as though Lori Hacking went for a jog and never returned. Too bad for him that he forgot to move the seat back to her normal position, and they knew tiny Lori could not have been the last one to drive that car.

Fotis Dulos parked Jennifer’s car blocks away to make it look like she left the home and was abducted elsewhere or left without a trace.

Many many murderers take the victim’s car and park it at a random location to make it appear the crime took place elsewhere.

Staging happens all the time. Not just in movies.
IMO JMO MOO

Thread is open again. Please read this before making another post.

The Rules (which every single member agrees to when they register for their account at WS) are specific about bringing rumors to Websleuths. In addition, this Admin Note was posted just last night:

Just a reminder that members are NOT allowed to bring social media rumours to Websleuths or to discuss comments made by general public on any MSM or social media article.

Do not discuss it, do not even hint at it unless/until it hits MSM.

ETA: Sorry if the above was not clear. It is okay to point members to a comment as mrsu did with simply a hint as to where to look (i.e. See comment by ABC at X o'clock)

I'm still in the process of reviewing the posts since last night. Members who started discussing the rumor resulting in this thread closure will be placed on a permanent thread reply ban. Other members who contributed to the rumor discussion in varying degrees and depending on their particular post, will receive varying lengths of a temporary thread reply ban.

Any member who starts the rumor discussion up again will be either permanently banned from this thread OR placed on a 1 week Time Out.

This is Websleuths, not some rumor-mongering gossip site. It really is possible to discuss a case without discussing rumors. Veteran members know this and we thank them for Reporting and not contributing.

Last edited:
This case is so sad to me because I want to hold onto an alternative where she could still be alive and it is tough to consider them as realistic options.

The only three options I have thought about where she could still be alive is either Abduction for Ransom, or got lost, or running away for good to start a new life somewhere else.

The whole bike thing makes me lean away from abduction for ransom or getting lost. So I am left hoping she ran away with someone to start a new life which is sad in itself.

Any other options that are realistic where she could still be alive?

Stalker abduction no ransom? (similar to Jamie Closs) MOO

wonder whats going on today in the search ? anybody ?

This is the latest press info.

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 21, 2020

There are no new updates on May 21, 2020.

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with assistance from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), continue the missing person search for Suzanne Morphew.

Ms. Morphew is a Chaffee County woman reported missing on May 10, 2020.

On Thursday, May 21, investigators continued to review and follow-up on tips reported to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office. As reported yesterday, there have been approximately 200 tips reported to the designated phone line for information about Ms. Morphew’s disappearance.

The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office will release information related to the investigation as it becomes available.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

I would like to know who first said that Suzanne went out on a bike ride. It would be interesting if someone said it, and then her bike was found abandoned. More interesting if all video footage of the path she would have taken reveals that she never rode by.

The Palmer Lake Herald is now The Colorado Herald on FB. Here is a post with a photo from about an hour ago...

There is an additional photo from another person in the comments.

At Highway 50 & 240, close to Suzanne Morphew’s home, there appears to be a heavy law enforcement presence, with several evidence trucks in tow.​

The Colorado Herald

moo

ETA: The Colorado Herald is an approved source, per SillyBilly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member