Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Palmer Lake Herald is now The Colorado Herald on FB. Here is a post with a photo from about an hour ago...

There is an additional photo from another person in the comments.

At Highway 50 & 240, close to Suzanne Morphew’s home, there appears to be a heavy law enforcement presence, with several evidence trucks in tow.​

The Colorado Herald

moo
That doesn’t look good.

At first I thought that was a bit odd, but then... I live in a very rural area, and I go for morning walks. People I know tell me they see me out walking (or stop to say hi), and one time someone I just met said "Oh, you are the woman I always see out walking in the morning". So I think in rural areas, people's outdoor exercise habits on public roads are "known".

Yes, ditto this. My coworkers knew of my noon-hour runs, because they would see me coming and going.

JMVHO.

The Palmer Lake Herald is now The Colorado Herald on FB. Here is a post with a photo from about an hour ago...

At Highway 50 & 240, close to Suzanne Morphew’s home, there appears to be a heavy law enforcement presence, with several evidence trucks in tow.​

The Colorado Herald

moo
Oh dear......
Oh no.......

The Colorado Herald

moo

Wow! Seems this means some pretty bad news.

While I agree the pre-'Rona lockdown weather would not have been conducive to trail riding, maybe she just always did that, in decent weather?
I guess maybe if someone asked BM "does she have a routine, what does she normally do on Sunday?" he might have said she likes to go for a ride before church.
I mean, if she really did normally do that, and someone knew it, well, my my, what a coincidentally brilliant opportunity to have her suddenly disappear on a perfectly normal outing for her.

I don't think the fire chief saying she's too friendly was victim-blaming at all. I think that phrase is tossed around far too liberally, and folks don't really mean that at all when they make comments like that. Of course being too friendly is never the victim's fault if it's what got them into a dire situation, it's that some piece of human trash used that, to hurt them. I think that's more along the lines of what folks mean when they point out something about the victim that might have had some hand in the situation that they're in. (I hope that makes sense).

His comment about church: "Bertram went on to say that Suzanne and Barry were both well-respected members of the community, and active in their church. He said Suzanne was known to go for a bike ride on Sunday mornings before church, and said he did not believe she attended church on May 10, though he could not be certain."

Leads me to believe that he does not attend the same church since clearly, they're still having online streaming, and he didn't seem to know that.

And just going to leave this here, but whenever I read "well-respected members of the community, and active in their church" in any case,
I immediately think "Dennis Rader".

jmo
Oh yeah. Dennis the dog catcher. He even used the church’s computer to send taunting messages to the police. His murderous acts took place in my home town.

The Colorado Herald

moo

There appears to be a white tent, moo..

We’ve seen the “tents” before.

The Colorado Herald

moo
Does it looks like there’s smoke in that picture?

Thread is open again. Please read this before making another post.

The Rules (which every single member agrees to when they register for their account at WS) are specific about bringing rumors to Websleuths. In addition, this Admin Note was posted just last night:

I'm still in the process of reviewing the posts since last night. Members who started discussing the rumor resulting in this thread closure will be placed on a permanent thread reply ban. Other members who contributed to the rumor discussion in varying degress and depending on their particular post, will receive varying lengths of a temporary thread reply ban.

Any member who starts the rumor discussion up again will be either permanently banned from this thread OR place on a 1 week Time Out.

This is Websleuths, not some rumor-mongering gossip site. It really is possible to discuss a case without discussing rumors. Veteran members know this and we thank them for Reporting and not contributing.
Bump please read sleuthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member