Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone say lime? I had nothing to do with it !

i certainly don’t mean to make light of this tragic subject but I couldn’t resist. We might need the (very small) chuckle before the day is out. Any time someone mentions tents during a search I get nervous.

LOL! I just love your avatar, and YES, in the hardest times, a little kindly posed humor can help people get through the next uneasy step, whatever that is. MOO.

Really curious, and maybe one of our verified lawyers can chime in here (@gitana1 @Alethea @Chomsky ) but...

What kind of evidence does an investigation require, to persuade a judge to sign off on a warrant that requires the destruction of personal property, as in tearing up a newly laid concrete patio, or a new in-ground pool (totally speculating here)?

I mean, this isn't "we need to poke around in the shed". This is, "we need to rip up this $40K home improvement you just had done".
Seems like that would require some hefty evidence, yes?

If this turns out as bad as it looks right now, then it wont be the first killer to use a work site as a disposal area. The link below is the case previously mentioned about the serial killer from Canada that put his victims in large flower pots he worked on.

"Not long after, the remains of seven men were found in large plant pots at the property where McArthur worked"

Bruce McArthur: Canadian landscaper who hid victims' body parts in plant pots admits murdering eight men
Yes! This happened close to me and of course hindsight is 20/20 but I can't believe I didn't think of this when I heard of BM's job. (If he ends up being guilty).

I agree. This doesn’t mean her husband is guilty of anything. All too many unanswered questions yet to change my mind. I don’t think the husband is involved. Moo
Well from what I’m reading on his Facebook page and what I’ve discovered on my own it would take a ton of convincing to make me think he’s not involved.

BBM:

A couple of years ago, I would have said exactly the same thing.

Having followed a couple of other recent high-profile Colorado murder cases (KB and GS), I'm now pretty much inured to seeing savage, asinine murderers basically all but hang themselves with the sheer stupidity of their own actions.

It's amazing how these killers' capacity for evil is surpassed only by their capacity for moronity.

After Frazee and Stauch, nothing surprises me any more.

Nothing.

JMO.

Moronity..... God I love that word. I haven't seen you use it in a while. But if this turns out they way it seems to be going, the word is pure genius!

Does anyone really think the timeline works here? Just not seeing anyone stupid enough to do this AFTER Mother’s Day. I might be able to get behind a May 8 or May 9 date, but there’s a lot of empty space in the West to hid a body. Why would anybody put it in a place that could only be associated with him?

If they do find her under concrete, would a lot of physical evidence be destroyed? Just wondering if they’d even be able to tell COD.

If she's on the ground, under concrete and they remove the concrete properly, a ton of evidence will be preserved. For one thing (TMI for some): there should be way more than bones; there should be muscle and skin tissue. Rigor doesn't set in right away, but they should be able to tell if it had (eg., how long after death she was put there, whether she was moved - she certainly wasn't in the position she was in when she died).

Unless the perp did all of this very quickly (before cadaverine was being produced by the body - 12-24 hours after death), there will be telltale signs in his/her vehicle. Also, there will be Suzanne's DNA in the vehicle of transport, unless great care was taken with bagging her before transport - in which case, I predict that the body is still in that bag. It would taken quite the preplanning to figure out how to get a bag for a body, where in that body never touched the outside of the bag at all (so I believe there will be transfer DNA in the vehicle).

If our working hypothesis is that this hapless resident near Salida was having concrete poured, I wonder what time of day the concrete was actually poured. Someone must have been sweating bullets until that was done.

What's weird is that criminal minds almost always hop along to the "next big set of problems" rather than working out an actual plan. If Suzanne is in that person's yard, under concrete, and that place is associated with her husband's worksite (or is the worksite of any of his friends), someone would begin sweating bullets again.

I also bet by now the perp has given telltale signs to friends or family who have been in denial about it. Will they come clean now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia