Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone say lime? I had nothing to do with it !

i certainly don’t mean to make light of this tragic subject but I couldn’t resist. We might need the (very small) chuckle before the day is out. Any time someone mentions tents during a search I get nervous.

Thanks for the levity while following this sad case. I needed that!

Where on earth is this day before day after thing coming from? We all know he said he was going to denver on the 10th. We didn't know what it was for but now we know... Some landscaping job. Why on earth would he have gone if the work was already done? And we know he came back when the news broke out. You think the home owner who hired him wouldnt have known his contractor's wife is missing and him showing up for work the next day would be insane?? All this was done from 8-10th... No later... No one went back. What kind of idiot would go back???

Really curious, and maybe one of our verified lawyers can chime in here (@gitana1 @Alethea @Chomsky ) but...

What kind of evidence does an investigation require, to persuade a judge to sign off on a warrant that requires the destruction of personal property, as in tearing up a newly laid concrete patio, or a new in-ground pool (totally speculating here)?

I mean, this isn't "we need to poke around in the shed". This is, "we need to rip up this $40K home improvement you just had done".
Seems like that would require some hefty evidence, yes?

Could be a lot of things.

Timeline included a job site, they asked the owner if they could run GPR concrete scanning, to which they agreed, then results indicated potentially positive, findings are presented to judge and judge signs off.
They would have checked everywhere he’s been, especially job sites.

Could easily be done without an accomplice, depending on what kind of job it was there is usually different kinds of damp proof, weather proofing layers that go down first, thick plastic sheeting etc before the concrete is poured on top, he could have easily hid the body underneath this before calling in a concrete truck to come and pump concrete and they would never know.

I envision someone going to the site, digging a grave, replacing the dirt and the proofing layers, then simply leaving, letting the concrete truck come whenever it was supposed to. No calling of the concrete truck by the perp.

In the middle of the night, sweating bullets.

Moronity..... God I love that word. I haven't seen you use it in a while. But if this turns out they way it seems to be going, the word is pure genius!
BBM:

I have a feeling that word is going to prove just as apropos in this case as it did in that other infamous CO case.

<modsnip: off topic>

JMO.

Sending prayers and positive energy to the daughters, M&M. <3

If the worst is found, the only thing I ever can think to say in times of sadness and loss--as inadequate as it still is--is to wish them comfort in their favorite memories of their mom and to know that the best of her--her love for them and all she has taught them--lives on in them--and to say how very sorry I am. The WORST of it is that she would hate most the fact that the girls are sad! And that burns me up about whoever would do this--; the mom cared most abut her kids and then someone may have caused such pain to them as well! MOO.

And newbies: this is exactly why they put up tents: to shield the reporters and helicopters from showing the recovery of a dead person’s remains.

Helicopters showed on the news Jessica Ridgeway’s partial remains. :(
As well as, press conferences tend to start just before they move the deceased to a transport vehicle. Good insurance to make sure all of the LIVE shots don't accidentally catch something.

Really curious, and maybe one of our verified lawyers can chime in here (@gitana1 @Alethea @Chomsky ) but...

What kind of evidence does an investigation require, to persuade a judge to sign off on a warrant that requires the destruction of personal property, as in tearing up a newly laid concrete patio, or a new in-ground pool (totally speculating here)?

I mean, this isn't "we need to poke around in the shed". This is, "we need to rip up this $40K home improvement you just had done".
Seems like that would require some hefty evidence, yes?
Yes, something very specific must have led them there. I wonder if LE was interrogating a suspect and were told where the body was. If that's what they are looking for. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321