Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the homeowner wasn’t there during the work? Could be a second home/vacation rental. CV travel restrictions just eased up, so the owners (or possibly investment co) thought they would show up to review the final and do punch list.
JMO

Does anyone really think the timeline works here? Just not seeing anyone stupid enough to do this AFTER Mother’s Day. I might be able to get behind a May 8 or May 9 date, but there’s a lot of empty space in the West to hid a body. Why would anybody put it in a place that could only be associated with him?

Other's have already pithily responded.....but I'll add:

We do not know the last time SM was actually SEEN, much less by whom....

Reading LE's initial statements, most of us, though criticized lol ;) - deduced that LE never confirmed an actual bike ride much less her being seen.......

NOW

Having said that, let me contradict that statement! It's certainly possible that SM was taken while on that bike ride - HOWEVER, LE was on to the perp(s), that it was not a stranger abduction or anything random but quite calculated....thus the focus on the house, & other areas

I err on the side that she, sadly, was deceased before Mother's Day, thus no bike ride occurred on that morning

I hope we have justice for SM soon, very soon

JMO

Yikes. I have put concrete in the bottoms of planters because I live in a windy area. After reading about these cases, I sure think I will stop doing it. Else face some raised eyebrows and side eye from my neighbors.

Probably only if someone you know goes missing right before or after. :) All of my farmer neighbors have backhoes or similar equipment and they dig, concrete, and fill all the time. MOO.

Hard not to think of Bruce McArthur. Awful.
The thing with McArthur is, it was all premeditated. It wasn't that he suddenly had a body to hide, he had the hiding part all ready to put into operation, over and over again.

I have come across cases of bodies hastily buried/concealed under concrete patios numerous times in real life and in fiction...Agatha Christie used it, for eg.

The being framed sure doesn’t works for me. If one wanted to frame the husband it just doesn’t makes sense to put Suzanne’s bike and some other item somewhere where it could be found. It could make LE really believe she went missing while out cycling. Just to risky, because BM could have an airtight alibi, he is volunteer firefighter which could make him reputable in the eyes of LE and add the bike, this could make LE believe she really went missing while riding her bike.

If she would be found just on one of the previous or actual work site of the husband without LE having had found the staged bike and other personal item I would be more inclined to entertain this idea.

I’m in Europe so it’s almost time for me to go to bed. I don’t think I will be able to sleep well tonight.
I want SM to be finally found, but I would prefer reading she was found alive while I slept.

What if the homeowner wasn’t there during the work? Could be a second home/vacation rental. CV travel restrictions just eased up, so the owners (or possibly investment co) thought they would show up to review the final and do punch list.
JMO

Yep! Many times people come to do work on the back of my property or those adjacent and I never hear or see them even though I'm working in the house because I'm busy, too, and it's not in my line of sight in the rural areas. It's much about expectations--. MOO.

I have Verizon and I never have a signal up the pass past Maysville.
Quite a way back in the thread, I posted a series of cell maps showing 100% of the coverage on the east side of Monarch Pass. This time, I'm just posting the Verizon engineering map of their coverage, from a single cell of a single one of their towers. That's it, there is no more. The little red, green and other color squares follow US Highway 50 up the pass. Each of those little squares is a test call by a consumer. Green is good, red is bad. Verizon is the ONLY carrier that has been reported to have minimal reception all the way up the east side of Monarch on Highway 50. That faint blue pattern is it where Verizon engineers designed coverage. I've placed a red star where SM's house is. Her neighbor's house is between hers and the highway, which coincidentally is not within the blue lines of Verizon engineered coverage. The bottom line is that SM, her entire family, and anyone wandering by had "iffy" or "spotty" service with lots of risk of dropped calls.
I don't expect that anyone pays the money to live up there on Monarch Pass so that they can be on the cell phone all day. I would actually be surprised if their cell phones are "on" much. If you know you are in a dead spot, why waste the battery? JMO
Cellular Tower and Signal Map
Note: The link is provided to the general website where this information is found, but the site itself warns that it is an engineering site and is not easily navigated. I have not altered the drawing in any way, except to drop a red star at the location of her home.

The being framed sure doesn’t works for me. If one wanted to frame the husband it just doesn’t makes sense to put Suzanne’s bike and some other item somewhere where it could be found. It could make LE really believe she went missing while out cycling. Just to risky, because BM could have an airtight alibi, he is volunteer firefighter which could make him reputable in the eyes of LE and add the bike, this could make LE believe she really went missing while riding her bike.

If she would be found just on one of the previous or actual work site of the husband without LE having had found the staged bike and other personal item I would be more inclined to entertain this idea.

I’m in Europe so it’s almost time for me to go to bed. I don’t think I will be able to sleep well tonight.
I want SM to be finally found, but I would prefer reading she was found alive while I slept.

Great points.

They wouldnt have a reason to dig up the concrete if he didnt do work on it that day.

Well, except that they used a kind of sonar and got a positive-for-body. That would be enough even if he wasn't associated with the site on that day or any other day.

If a woman was missing in my area, and I had just had her husband at my house digging in the backyard, you betcha I'd call that tip line. I'd also be sleeping uneasily and with a weapon near my bed.

ETA: It was radar, not sonar. Widely available, utility companies use them all the time. Should be able to detect a body shape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member