Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And where did you see this?
DEVELOPING: Increased police presence in search for Suzanne Morphew; focus area may be husband’s former job site [Reports]
‘Reached by phone, Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram told CrimeOnline that he believes investigators have blocked an area of County Road-105. He said that he had been told by a close friend of Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, who works as a landscaper and a volunteer firefighter in Chaffee County, that the increased police presence is at one of Barry Morphew’s former or current residential job sites.“

MOO: If she's under concrete, I'm guessing it was because the perp thought it would throw off search/cadaver dogs. Well, guess what - dogs can still smell through concrete, dirt, water. And Luminol will still glow even if no blood to the naked eye.

[
But my point is if this was a job completed before she was reported missing then he couldn't not be involved imo.
Not necessarily. She was reported missing in the late afternoon on Sunday, Mother’s Day. That’s not when she went missing. LE said they didn’t know the last time she was seen. For example if something sadly happened to her on Saturday or even Friday, he could have had a day or two to dispose of her, set up the bike and even make the drive to Denver if he indeed has some proof he was there. Easy. All of this could have been done prior to the end of the day in Sunday. The fact that Mother’s Day is when she was reported missing makes my stomach sick. Obviously the concrete had to have been poured Very recently otherwise they wouldn’t be digging.

Does anyone really think the timeline works here? Just not seeing anyone stupid enough to do this AFTER Mother’s Day. I might be able to get behind a May 8 or May 9 date, but there’s a lot of empty space in the West to hid a body. Why would anybody put it in a place that could only be associated with him?
Whatever happened happened before Mother’s Day. 8th?

Really curious, and maybe one of our verified lawyers can chime in here (@gitana1 @Alethea @Chomsky ) but...

What kind of evidence does an investigation require, to persuade a judge to sign off on a warrant that requires the destruction of personal property, as in tearing up a newly laid concrete patio, or a new in-ground pool (totally speculating here)?

I mean, this isn't "we need to poke around in the shed". This is, "we need to rip up this $40K home improvement you just had done".
Seems like that would require some hefty evidence, yes?
Or if cadaver dogs hit on the location? That could be what they need to dig. His business just poured fresh concrete plus dogs hit on it? Just an opinion obviously.

I am not ready to jump to the conclusion that any particular person is involved, there is a construction crew and people who knew what his jobs were and where they were. Too many facts still unknown still, like when was the site prepared, who did it, when was the concrete poured and who did it.

Really curious, and maybe one of our verified lawyers can chime in here (@gitana1 @Alethea @Chomsky ) but...

What kind of evidence does an investigation require, to persuade a judge to sign off on a warrant that requires the destruction of personal property, as in tearing up a newly laid concrete patio, or a new in-ground pool (totally speculating here)?

I mean, this isn't "we need to poke around in the shed". This is, "we need to rip up this $40K home improvement you just had done".
Seems like that would require some hefty evidence, yes?

Not one of your lawyers, I really am curious as to what they think BUT FWIW
Something led to this particular property being suspicious to begin with, not thinking pings/GPS unless it's a device on the deceased (if there is one) . Could have been an employee/co-worker who remembered something that didn't jive. For example BM showing up at 5Am when the job started at 6, who knows?
That said, a cadaver dog could definitely sniff through concrete. The reason the dog can sniff through concrete is concrete has a limited degree of porosity gas emited by a cadaver can permiate. That is the odor is in the concrete at the surface which the gas emitted by the cadaver has permiated.

I doubt GPS, if its one of his job sites it would be normal for his GPS to show there, a tip would have to be from somebody else who possibly was working the job with him that maybe saw something suspicious at the time and now has put two and two together, or maybe somebody has confessed.

Maybe. If it's GPS, they may have been systematically reviewing stops and notice the telltale signs of fresh concrete. What LE wouldn't be immediately suspicious of that?

If it's GPS, it would also be time-stamped, and now that they're working with a May 8-12 frame, they probably first went to each place that phone or car GPS (or both) stopped, made notes, got a warrant and here we are.

In the case of young murdered woman near San Luis Obispo, CA, the perp actually left her watch on her wrist when he buried her in a new planter, under concrete, in his parents' backyard. (Who puts concrete at the bottom of a planter??) That family has evaded having it dug up for years now, but it looks like LE is about to get a new warrant for that one.

Of course, whoever put there is unlikely to have done so during regular working hours - so once the GPS was obtained

FWIW, Evan Brewer's body (3 yo, KS) was encased in concrete for four months and although the ME couldn't determine COD, he did find that Evan had Benadryl in his system. MOO

Most likely suffocation then. I wouldn't be surprised if that was COD in this case, and it will be difficult to tell. Strangulation, of course, easier to tell. Signs of struggle if any should still be visible. They may have to use special drills and tools - we've agreed there's a cloud of dust coming up from the site in some pictures right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader