Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is not YouTube. Websleuths has a great YouTube channel, different crime podcasts have great YouTube channels. I’ve given interviews through my law firm on YouTube, spoken at virtual conferences through YouTube. It can be great for content.

The issue is anyone can make and upload YouTube videos. So people with no background in LE or law or journalism just say whatever they want and then people repeat it as fact without looking into the credibility of the source. That’s why random YouTube videos aren’t allowed but videos from known news or crime sources are.

The house is on the side of a mountain. It looks like there's a lower level, but due to the slope it isn't "below grade" and wouldn't be considered a basement.

County assessors in the west usually list any level below the first floor as "basement". Sometimes homes that are built on a slope have more than one basement level. This particular home assessment shows that it has more than one each areas of first and second floors, and has a foundation, but the basement is listed as "0". It does appear to me to sit firmly on bedrock. JMO

Part of the article:

Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

According to the source, the Morphew family moved from Indiana to central Colorado in the spring of 2018, after the Morphew’s eldest daughter moved to Colorado for college, and when their younger daughter was still in high school. The source said they believe Suzanne was less enthusiastic about the move than her husband was.

“I think there was some angst about the move itself,” the source said, noting that the Morphew’s Alexandria home remained on the market for a while after the family relocated to Colorado. Online real estate records indicate the $800,000 home was sold in May 2019. The Morphew’s Maysville home is believed to be valued at about $1.5 million.

Although another Indiana resident has spoken to various media outlets and YouTube channels claiming to have witnessed Barry Morphew’s violent temper at a construction site there, the source who spoke to CrimeOnline on Friday said they never saw any red flags in Barry’s demeanor.

“He was kind of a quiet guy, who minded his own business.”

A February post from a social media account believed to belong to Barry Morphew said that his wife had “beat cancer twice.” The Indiana-based source said that Suzanne’s cancer had returned around the time the family was moving to Colorado in 2018, and that she “was not doing well” at that time. CrimeOnline cannot independently verify claims about Suzanne Morphew’s medical history.

The source also said that Barry Morphew was an avid hunter, a claim that is supported by photos on Morphew’s social media accounts, and said the Morphew’s eldest daughter would sometimes join her father on hunting trips.

No body. No shooting. No reason to drag mistress rumour into the mix. No best friend with the inside scoop. No arrests. Lots of hysteria and false insiders.

Well.....LE also said they weren't searching the Morphew property whilst they...were...searching..the.. um, Morphew property. Ahem

We shall wait, we mortals lesser than LE... ;)

JMO

BREAKING UPDATE:
5 mins ago

The sheriff's office is reporting Suzanne Morphew has not been located and there are no arrests in the case (as of 5:10 p.m. Friday).

KKTV 11 News

Well, there's no way they could have positive DNA identification of Suzanne at this point. However, the amount of local buzz, reporters on scene, pictures of an excavation, word that BM worked there, etc is pretty clear.

Perhaps they merely took BM for questioning (along with two others). Easily interpreted from afar as an arrest. The term POI is used in a couple of ways - but I'm one of those who says that in a situation like this, whether or not LE wants to use the label, certain persons are POI's.

LE doesn't own language or inference, but it does try to control both.

Press release

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
59 mins ·
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 22, 2020

Based on information developed during the Suzanne Morphew missing person case, investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are conducting a search at a residential property on the east side of the Salida.

The property owner is fully cooperative with law enforcement and is not connected with the disappearance of Ms. Morphew. No details about the search are being released at this time. Additionally, it is not known how long this search will take law enforcement.

An update will be provided at the conclusion of the search.

There will be no updates during the search.

This is unreal. Reporter on 31 feed was talking to station (I presume) and said something to the effect that a neighbor saw concrete work happening over the weekend and found it odd. So that's what all this is about?
Bingo !....Opinions at this time - If Suzanne ain't there under that concrete, LE is right back where they started. Not enough to arrest anyone...If BM did this crime, he did it all alone. No help from girlfriends, friends, or employees..........moo

It stinks.
This forum doesn't work efficiently and informatively, without links.
I'm not handling it very well, lol. I want WS back, please.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND had we not acknowledged this rumor was out there we would have to have shut down the thread. It is from someone close to Suzanne. It is NOT CONFIRMED.
When we didn't allow the discussion of where the bike was found or that the brakes were locked and all the little rumors all over the place the thread BLEW UP. We had to close it DOWN. Then all the rumors we did not allow turned out to be reported in the mainstream media.

For days our mods went through HELL trying to keep the thread under control.
So, trying to save time and arguing and the fact that this is not some random rumor and it has exploded everywhere I thought I could acknowledge that this information is out there and was put out there by someone close to Suzanne. Now, people are melting down because we finally did allow something that was not from a mainstream media link but by someone we believe to be close to the family.

As owner, I have to look at ways to change with the times. Nothing is black and white. Had this information not come from someone ( I believe to be) close to the family we would not have mentioned it.

This is what happens when LE does not confirm anything and people are out there with cameras and people are out there who know the whole situation and need to vent somewhere.

Where do we draw the line? Mainstream media has been horribly wrong in the past. If we hear of information coming from a source close to the family of the story do we ignore it? When do we acknowledge that there is a very rare occasion that we can get info from someone who is not mainstream media? I don't have the answer. I say we need to look at things on a case by case basis. The final decision will be up to Websleuths Management of course

My attempt at trying to adjust to the changing times seems to have failed some of you. That was not my intent. My intent was to try and keep the thread under control by getting in front of the situation before the posting got out of control.

Part of the article:

Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

According to the source, the Morphew family moved from Indiana to central Colorado in the spring of 2018, after the Morphew’s eldest daughter moved to Colorado for college, and when their younger daughter was still in high school. The source said they believe Suzanne was less enthusiastic about the move than her husband was.

“I think there was some angst about the move itself,” the source said, noting that the Morphew’s Alexandria home remained on the market for a while after the family relocated to Colorado. Online real estate records indicate the $800,000 home was sold in May 2019. The Morphew’s Maysville home is believed to be valued at about $1.5 million.

Although another Indiana resident has spoken to various media outlets and YouTube channels claiming to have witnessed Barry Morphew’s violent temper at a construction site there, the source who spoke to CrimeOnline on Friday said they never saw any red flags in Barry’s demeanor.

“He was kind of a quiet guy, who minded his own business.”

A February post from a social media account believed to belong to Barry Morphew said that his wife had “beat cancer twice.” The Indiana-based source said that Suzanne’s cancer had returned around the time the family was moving to Colorado in 2018, and that she “was not doing well” at that time. CrimeOnline cannot independently verify claims about Suzanne Morphew’s medical history.

The source also said that Barry Morphew was an avid hunter, a claim that is supported by photos on Morphew’s social media accounts, and said the Morphew’s eldest daughter would sometimes join her father on hunting trips.
BBM: That's good to hear. Way back on the posts it was mentioned the guy who said BM had a temper had some petty crimes to his name. Also mentioned people in Indiana knew his reputation and posted it, I believe, on FB.

BREAKING UPDATE:
5 mins ago

The sheriff's office is reporting Suzanne Morphew has not been located and there are no arrests in the case (as of 5:10 p.m. Friday).

KKTV 11 News
I just want to say last Tuesday Sheriff said they were not searching the home. On Wednesday, we found out, in fact they had been searching the home on Tuesday.

Last edited:
County assessors in the west usually list any level below the first floor as "basement". Sometimes homes that are built on a slope have more than one basement level. This particular home assessment shows that it has more than one each areas of first and second floors, and has a foundation, but the basement is listed as "0". It does appear to me to sit firmly on bedrock. JMO
That's not building code. If it says "0" it means non-developed. I can assure you that they have to have a footings below the frost line. There is definitely a basement. The only question is how tall the ceilings are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95