Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped. Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I haven’t had time to get on here today. From the article;

Bertram said a firefighter in his crew was the first to alert him to Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance, in an early morning phone call on Monday, May 11.

So either the girls didn’t call their Dad, which I seriously doubt, or he didn’t answer their calls. I’m sure they tried calling him numerous times before calling the neighbor. MOO

My take on this is that the girls assumed she went on a bike ride in the morning as usual, and when they couldn't reach her throughout the day, that raised the alarm, since her bike rides wouldn't usually go that long. Therefore, a 911 call at 5:46pm indicated she could have been gone "biking" for over 8 hours--obviously too long, and worrisome.

As for not being in church that morning, I don't think that's relevant during the Covid-19 pandemic, when most churches are, or at least were at that time, doing online services. Even if their church had onsite services, she would be one, after chemo, that would probably be at higher risk, and need to not attend onsite church services.

MOO
If the fire chief made the comment about church I would think it is because he usually sees her there and noticed she wasn't there. And of all of people wouldnt the fire chief know if the church was open for service? Also the girls were out of town and we are assuming the husband was too... But if they couldnt get a hold of their mom early on and she was gone for eight hours wouldn't they have asked their father to go see whats going on. He was supposedly in Denver he could have made it there in lesa than 3 hours. Do we even know how long he was out of town?

My take on this is that the girls assumed she went on a bike ride in the morning as usual, and when they couldn't reach her throughout the day, that raised the alarm, since her bike rides wouldn't usually go that long. Therefore, a 911 call at 5:46pm indicated she could have been gone "biking" for over 8 hours--obviously too long, and worrisome.

As for not being in church that morning, I don't think that's relevant during the Covid-19 pandemic, when most churches are, or at least were at that time, doing online services. Even if their church had onsite services, she would be one, after chemo, that would probably be at higher risk, and need to not attend onsite church services.

MOO
If the fire chief made the comment about church I would think it is because he usually sees her there and noticed she wasn't there. And of all of people wouldnt the fire chief know if the church was open for service? Also the girls were out of town and we are assuming the husband was too... But if they couldnt get a hold of their mom early on and she was gone for eight hours wouldn't they have asked their father to go see whats going on. He was supposedly in Denver he could have made it there in lesa than 3 hours. Do we even know how long he was out of town?

Snipped. Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I haven’t had time to get on here today. From the article;

Bertram said a firefighter in his crew was the first to alert him to Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance, in an early morning phone call on Monday, May 11.

So either the girls didn’t call their Dad, which I seriously doubt, or he didn’t answer their calls. I’m sure they tried calling him numerous times before calling the neighbor. MOO
Umm i think that was referring to Bertram. As in he heard through his crew.

Morphew's husband, Barry, shared an emotional plea to Facebook Sunday saying, "No questions asked, however much they want. I will do whatever it takes to get you back."

The video followed an announcement of a $200,000 reward for information leading to a safe return.

It's something that's caught the attention of former Pueblo County Sheriff and now Private Investigator Dan Corsentino.

"It seems to me there is something more driving this case that none of us know about at this point in time," he said.

"This case is going to be something more than I think a family-related case. That's just my gut instinct," Corsentino said.

Investigator explains FBI's involvement in Chaffee County missing woman case - KRDO

It appears that both the truck and her car were examined in the driveway and released back to him. They are in news video taken after LE finished and left (linked upthread). To answer your question, though, the truck appears to be a very late model Ford Super Cab. I believe all current models of Ford trucks have GPS and SYNC hardware as standard equipment. The SYNC communications system must be activated by the owner. My guess is that it was, as it would be very handy for him for work, as well as play.
I'm thinking the Ford truck is as reliable a witness as LE could ever hope to have. JMO

The vehicles in the driveway have been described as law enforcement vehicles, not Morphew vehicles.
Stephanie (Butzer) Rose

@stephaniebutzer

15h

Here are some aerial shots of the Morphew home from this morning. Two law enforcement vehicles are in the driveway. The sheriff said the home is one of the many areas of focus during this investigation. Search warrant is sealed (per usual with cases like this) #SuzanneMorphew
Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter

It's late and i didnt search thoroughly so please forgive if repeat. CBS4 posted a yt flyover of the house with crime scene tape strung around an area. And a bobcat in the driveway.

there’s something both very eery and very sad about that footage :( hoping Suzanne is found today and her family can get some answers.

Helicopter. Not a drone. Looks like local media upped their game after they were scooped by the Daily Mail on the search.

"Video taken by Copter4 on Thursday shows Suzanne Morphew’s home and the remote part of Chaffee County she was believed to be biking in before she disappeared."
Missing Mother: Video Shows Remote Area Where Suzanne Morphew Was Biking

Channel 4 News in Denver has had a helicopter in service since at least 1982, but in 2010 they entered into a joint leasing arrangement with Channel 9 News KUSA and Channel 7 News KMGH. They all use the same helicopter. The logistics of flying their helicopter 500 air miles round trip and rising from 5,280 ft to 9,300 ft seem staggering to me. The fuel guages must have been bottoming out! The pilot was amazing, though. That video is as steady as a drone, and the speed of vertical rise is impressive......and again, drone quality performance. Even more kudos to the helicopter pilot that put that together! IMO

Just thinking of a different scenario here. Maybe someone hired someone else to kill her. The 100,000 reward offer right off has been bugging me. Was it a message? I'm just thinking what if's in case a suspicious person's alibis check out. IMO.

Suzanne going for a bike ride every Sunday before church is a new tidbit, isn't it?

Of course, with Covid-19 and social distancing and no in-person services and with Suzanne likely being high risk, that's kind of a moot point. Other than she generally goes for a ride on Sundays.

Except I don't think she went on a bike ride that Sunday. I think her bike may not have been in working order and that's why the nephew was so adamant about the condition of the bike.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member