Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #53

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really have not watched many of his videos , but I just watched this one and I agree with every single thing he says . I think he is absolutely spot on .

Domestic abuse is tricky . You don’t see it coming until you are trapped in the relationship . She was so young and had 2 children with him, she wanted to believe it would get better or he would change . They don’t , they get worse . There is a certain level of fear you start to feel after prolonged emotional abuse ... something changes with the fear and you start to worry that they could harm you. That’s a real , real fear . You see the change in their eyes, it’s like nothing is there .

moo

You should watch CMs videos (the interview room). They are actually really good. I prefer his and Mike's videos much better now that they are doing their own thing. They have 2 very different styles and early on, it worked for them (IMO) but more recent videos of them together were kinda painful to watch cuz it was obvious they were no longer on the same page. I definitely was surprised by how much I like CMs channel and how much better I like PE now. Jmo

You should watch CMs videos (the interview room). They are actually really good. I prefer his and Mike's videos much better now that they are doing their own thing. They have 2 very different styles and early on, it worked for them (IMO) but more recent videos of them together were kinda painful to watch cuz it was obvious they were no longer on the same page. I definitely was surprised by how much I like CMs channel and how much better I like PE now. Jmo
Thank you , I will definitely check it out !

Quoting myself to add: <modsnip> He has a brilliant mind! He has a way of saying things without saying them but if you catch his facial expressions, he gives ALOT of clues to his actual thoughts and it seems like he does it on purpose to see who is really paying attention. I used to just put videos on to listen to in the background, but I caught on very quick that his videos need to be actually watched cuz alot is missed if you only listen. Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically the communication ended right after the early work day exit from the "beach" site upon arrival time at PP. Which makes me curious when this friend contacted or was contacted by LE if she was panicking. Does anyone recall?

That's the way it appears according to CM's tweet, but no one knows for sure.

Quoting myself to add: <modsnip>He has a brilliant mind! He has a way of saying things without saying them but if you catch his facial expressions, he gives ALOT of clues to his actual thoughts and it seems like he does it on purpose to see who is really paying attention. I used to just put videos on to listen to in the background, but I caught on very quick that his videos need to be actually watched cuz alot is missed if you only listen. Jmo

I'm going to watch more closely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I obviously don't have strong evidence one way or another, but I remain firmly in the "premeditated and it happened on Saturday" camp, which I know is a bit lonely but so be it. I don't think there was a long time of premeditation, even as little as 24 hours, but I do not believe this was a rage killing. I think it happened Saturday afternoon, and happened quickly. It's very possible there was a triggering conversation or event on Friday night, that she was going to leave him and maybe it reached an inevitable boiling point when he realized the implications of it but there was time IMO between that event. It may even have been, as other posited, a long con that started with their move from Indiana.

I think his nervousness on Saturday morning was due to jumpiness and anxiety related to having made his mind up to do it, or anxiousness to just get it over with, which is why he couldn't concentrate and left abruptly. I believe the leaving to go "make the wife happy" was just a lie. I don't think he went to actually try to make her happy, I don't think he really cared at all about that. He ambushes her there at home in the afternoon, perhaps catching her by surprise. He stashes her body somewhere, knowing full well everyone is out of town and he is in the clear, then goes out for awhile perhaps to try to establish an alibi for Saturday afternoon, makes last-minute arrangements for hotel, the so-called job, etc. then returns in the evening where under the cover of darkness on Saturday night he disposes of her then returns home to "leave for the day". MG's role in this I cannot guess except maybe to add credibility to the job or because he didn't want any questions from her? Not sure. She heard his truck at 4am - maybe he impulsively stopped at her house to see if he could talk but realized it was ridiculously early (or late, depending on your POV) and thought better of it. I do wonder if his plan wasn't originally to say she walked away in the middle of the night but maybe he thought the bike ride was a much better story and then set the wheels in motion for the "job".

The reason I think premeditation is the financial movement and motive that exists - how quickly he moved on selling the house, the Incapacitation, selling the other properties...these aren't the actions of an impulsive rage killer who then regrets their action...not to say someone of that ilk wouldn't position themselves to benefit after the deed, but to me it does show he had a pretty clear plan he executed against. He might not have been the best alibi and story planner, but he was sure shrewd and fast about handling all things on the financial side!

Fervently still wishing for a resolution and justice for Suzanne in 2021!

I obviously don't have strong evidence one way or another, but I remain firmly in the "premeditated and it happened on Saturday" camp, which I know is a bit lonely but so be it. I don't think there was a long time of premeditation, even as little as 24 hours, but I do not believe this was a rage killing. I think it happened Saturday afternoon, and happened quickly. It's very possible there was a triggering conversation or event on Friday night, that she was going to leave him and maybe it reached an inevitable boiling point when he realized the implications of it but there was time IMO between that event. It may even have been, as other posited, a long con that started with their move from Indiana.

I think his nervousness on Saturday morning was due to jumpiness and anxiety related to having made his mind up to do it, or anxiousness to just get it over with, which is why he couldn't concentrate and left abruptly. I believe the leaving to go "make the wife happy" was just a lie. I don't think he went to actually try to make her happy, I don't think he really cared at all about that. He ambushes her there at home in the afternoon, perhaps catching her by surprise. He stashes her body somewhere, knowing full well everyone is out of town and he is in the clear, then goes out for awhile perhaps to try to establish an alibi for Saturday afternoon, makes last-minute arrangements for hotel, the so-called job, etc. then returns in the evening where under the cover of darkness on Saturday night he disposes of her then returns home to "leave for the day". MG's role in this I cannot guess except maybe to add credibility to the job or because he didn't want any questions from her? Not sure. She heard his truck at 4am - maybe he impulsively stopped at her house to see if he could talk but realized it was ridiculously early (or late, depending on your POV) and thought better of it. I do wonder if his plan wasn't originally to say she walked away in the middle of the night but maybe he thought the bike ride was a much better story and then set the wheels in motion for the "job".

The reason I think premeditation is the financial movement and motive that exists - how quickly he moved on selling the house, the Incapacitation, selling the other properties...these aren't the actions of an impulsive rage killer who then regrets their action...not to say someone of that ilk wouldn't position themselves to benefit after the deed, but to me it does show he had a pretty clear plan he executed against. He might not have been the best alibi and story planner, but he was sure shrewd and fast about handling all things on the financial side!

I agree with almost everything you said! I really have tried to think about Friday...but I do think it was Saturday as well...and I think also whenever the communication stopped...thats the timeline. I think she may of been killed later that night though that's my only difference in your theory. You make great points though bc he was out in town that afternoon and he was creating an alibi imo. I honestly think he was trying to frame JP in some sort of fashion.

I think the motive is also financial. No one else but him was getting that money. Why=money, how=strangulation,the who = a bitter narcissistic husband.

MOO

At this late late date, which would probably be impossible I wonder if LE FBI and CBI checked out an abduction? She could even be alive somewhere! Think Jamie Closs, her abductor outsmarted LE and the FBI.

I’d love for SM to be alive! Best possible outcome. But she’s deceased, absolutely no doubt about it. Extreme low risk for abduction scenario and no way She just abandoned her daughters. MOO

I really have not watched many of his videos , but I just watched this one and I agree with every single thing he says . I think he is absolutely spot on .

Domestic abuse is tricky . You don’t see it coming until you are trapped in the relationship . She was so young and had 2 children with him, she wanted to believe it would get better or he would change . They don’t , they get worse . There is a certain level of fear you start to feel after prolonged emotional abuse ... something changes with the fear and you start to worry that they could harm you. That’s a real , real fear . You see the change in their eyes, it’s like nothing is there .

moo

We have no evidence of domestic abuse in this case. Neither the CCSO or the MSM reporting on the case, have ever mentioned any kind of domestive violence or abuse.

Obviously, that doesn't mean it wasn't going on, but as per the rules on this forum, we have literally nothing from either LE or media, to base this speculation on.

We have no evidence of domestic abuse in this case. Neither the CCSO or the MSM reporting on the case, have ever mentioned any kind of domestive violence or abuse.

Obviously, that doesn't mean it wasn't going on, but as per the rules on this forum, we have literally nothing from either LE or media, to base this speculation on.

There is this from Andy Moorman, albeit speculation.

‘I’m afraid this is domestic abuse’; Suzanne Morhpew’s brother says husband not participating in search, carrying shotgun to keep people off property | FOX31 Denver

Was it said friend requests were sent , or friend suggestions?

September 25, 2020
FOX31 and Channel 2 asked Moorman what he thought happened to Suzanne.

“I think that she was abducted. I don’t think she ever got on her bike. I think she probably died Saturday and she was hidden somewhere Saturday night and we’re pushing forward and that’s the theories that we have right now that seem to be correct,” shared Moorman.

FOX31 and Channel 2 asked Moorman if he thinks Barry Morphew was involved in Suzanne’s disappearance.

“I’m afraid this is domestic abuse,” shared Moorman.

Moorman said he learned while searching for Suzanne that she was “working with domestic abuse meetings.”

‘I’m afraid this is domestic abuse’; Suzanne Morhpew’s brother says husband not participating in search, carrying shotgun to keep people off property | FOX31 Denver

moo
my heart breaks for her. She is gone way too soon. :( beating cancer twice only to succumb to murder. So tragic.

So we’ll said! I can see this being the case 1.000%.

I also recall that DA was mentioned in her fathers' obituary, of all places.

Also speculation : What a way to present yourself as a kind and caring husband. :rolleyes:
(paraphrased) "...See ? I'm armed. Don't you searchers step even one foot on my property...".
I get it that people don't want just anyone on their property, for liability reasons if nothing else.
It's just that these were searchers organized by Andy for the sole purpose of looking for BM's missing wife.
Smh.
MOO

I apologize if this has been discussed, but a thought just jumped into my head with all of the recent posts. Admittedly, I’m about 5 pages behind. I was wondering if the person Barry employed in the past and had allegedly messed up the Broomfield job, is JP. Not that it would carry much weight for me in either direction, just curious.

Sorry I don’t have a link handy, but I’m referring to the guy Barry said was a past employee and Barry was giving him up as a possible suspect. I know y’all are fully vested here, so I hope you know what I’m asking.

Thanks to all for the thought provoking posts. So well thought out! I read one that sounds plausible, then someone comes in with a different opinion and makes me think even more about all of the possibilities. I’m so grateful to be a part of this wonderful group!! Continually praying for justice for our beloved Suzanne.

The window of footage that LE asked for from 8th-12th May, I wonder if anything on that footage on 11th/12th May led them to search BM's worksite, and if that's where BM may have possibly tripped himself up with the 'something mechanical' being done?

jmo

Did the 5 ever get get revealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member