Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they did not find her? I wish the sheriff would focus on a suspect other than the husband. I'm back to thinking he's innocent. They need to look for someone else, the sooner the better. JMO

Why does one think they can only focus on one thing/person at a time? Pretty sure there are many people assigned different jobs for this case. Other than that....the way this SD is so tight lipped, I would expect they are doing a super stellar job at following leads and evidence and not just dicking around. I seriously doubt the sheriff has thrown everything else away and is ONLY focusing on the husband.

There is a reason why LE isn't focused on the bike..... it's irrelevant.

JMO

Personally I think they knew this was a murder investigation within hours. Which tells me they have a lot of strong evidence that points them in that direction.

I think if there was any shred of hope she was alive they would have put out an actual description of her, asked for people to come forward who were in the area, told us a time frame, etc.

They didn't do this, because they knew it would only hinder their investigation.

Absolutely agree...the bike isn't a part of anything. Just muddies the waters for LE to try and engage in explaining the bike away. Just like any cars they happen to own...any boats...any anything.

“That hole where the canopy was erected does not look to me like it was cut by LE yesterday. It looks like it was part of the concrete pour..........for a void in the structure for architectural effect or for a more utilitarian purpose, like a sump well for to prevent seepage from the river in high water events.
Interesting ... what was all that dust they were stirring up yesterday? It was so thick it could be seen in pictures. Someone said it was “concrete” dust and I think a lot of us assumed LE/FBI cut that hole.
My husband does dirt work, my father built new homes. Personally, I thought that was the garage for property. IDK...

So I had to take a break from WS after Gannon. That case totally broke me. And then COVID struck. But this case totally reeled me back in. Nothing much to contribute as we sit back and wait...just wanted to chime in to express my sadness for poor Suzanne and her daughters.

I just want to comment that I think it’s funny how people went from being aghast that Suzanne was alone on Mother’s Day, to acting like it would be totally normal and expected that Barry would be working on Mother’s Day. And also people seem to have forgotten he was reportedly in Denver on Sunday, so how was he happily working along laying some dirt at his job site and in Denver at the same time.

So they'll be out there Sunday too. They sure are putting a great many man hours into this search. I hope it leads to finding Suzanne.

We have to appreciate LE's thoroughness of the search at the residential job site.

It seems that they either found physical evidence there already, or they received a credible tip, or there is a cooperating witness that provided LE with information to search there. For example, KK told investigators that PF said he would either dispose KB's remains in the river or landfill, and police spent weeks searching the Midland landfill even though the search produced no results.

MO

Excellent question, but I can't answer it. I believe the square hole was a design feature of the slab. It's only use to LE appears to me to be the best place to pound tent states required to erect the tent. That made the floor mats that they brought along useless, so they were tossed out on the concrete pad until time to pack up and go. IMO
I was with you on this as a possibility until I just now went back and looked at the photos of the site in today's DM article. What you're suggesting may be floor mats look to me to have a good bit of depth (note the black shadows on the edges of many of them), about the same as the depth of the concrete. Maybe my eyes deceive me ... does anyone else see this? Also, if the only thing under the navy tent is a large hole that has no use to LE, then what's your thought about the purpose of them erecting the navy tent?

I just want to comment that I think it’s funny how people went from being aghast that Suzanne was alone on Mother’s Day, to acting like it would be totally normal and expected that Barry would be working on Mother’s Day. And also people seem to have forgotten he was reportedly in Denver on Sunday, so how was he happily working along laying some dirt at his job site and in Denver at the same time.
I don't think anyone said HE was working the site on Sunday, Mother's Day.
Only that he was supposedly in Denver for a Firefighter training.
The working at the site was BEFORE he Supposedly went away Mother's Day weekend.
I have not seen anywhere posted that he worked at the homeowner's site that day...do you have a link??
I may have missed it.

So the a propane water heater heats the water, which is then piped throughout the house in a closed system? That is a very high quality radiant system, and could well be what is in SM's house. IMO

Yes, it's very efficient. I'm in Canada so I wasn't sure if the term 'radiant' applied to the set up we had. And I didn't think it referred to old fashioned radiators.

BM must have known that his account of his whereabouts on May 10 would be checked out. Was reported across multiple MSM sites that he'd said he was in Denver attending a fire-training session. See, for example:

"Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, has said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver, Colorado, when she vanished.

On Sunday, he made an impassioned plea for his wife’s safe return in a video released via social media. He has also offered a $200,000 reward."

Quote from Daily Mail and multiple other sites

I honestly don't think Barry is that stupid. A kid/a teen anybody with half a brain knows their alibi is going to get checked out. I 100% believe that it is careless reporting on the part of the Daily Mail et al.

Last edited:
I am confused about the ******** page. How can someone change the beneficiary? I mean for it to go from helping to find suzanne to Berry's mom is just not right. We don't know what happened to Suzanne yet or who was invloved but some of us and some others have opinions. Does anyone know how that works? Can you just change a beneficiary like that? What if people didn't want to donate to his mom?

I have set up and run Gimmie Pages before....
It is highly customizable. You can change anything at any time. The person who started it has full rights to do that - and anyone else they give access to it.
Also, you can withdraw the donations IMMEDIATELY - as long as you set up a bank account. Those donating will never know if the funds are just sitting there or if they have been withdrawn.

You can shut down and delete a page at any time too. So technically, you could receive funds, withdraw into your bank account....and shut it down. And ride off into the sunset.

I have never run one, where funds had to be refunded....so I don't know how that works, if the money is gone...and page shut down.

I was with you on this as a possibility until I just now went back and looked at the photos of the site in today's DM article. What you're suggesting may be floor mats look to me to have a good bit of depth (note the black shadows on the edges of many of them), about the same as the depth of the concrete. Maybe my eyes deceive me ... does anyone else see this? Also, if the only thing under the navy tent is a large hole that has no use to LE, then what's your thought about the purpose of them erecting the navy tent?
I found an even better view of what I think are more likely pieces of concrete slab that LE cut out to form that large rectangle. Hope its ok to do this ... it's a screen shot from a news video (found on DM; source is 9news.com) ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.56.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.56.39 PM.png
    568.2 KB · Views: 219
I don't mean to be facetious, but the obvious reason for the tent would be to block the sun. IMO

Folks, please don't publish the specific numbered address of totally innocent people where the search is taking place. These folks are innocent and iirc it was stated it was to be their retirement home (or to that effect). It's bad enough for them as it is without having their specific address splashed across the internet.

It's fine to link to documents associated with the address, but just don't publish the address in full here.

If you wish to share certain specific information via private conversation that's okay but please try to protect the privacy of these people.

I disagree and I'll go on record for continuing to believe that I think it's extremely unusual (and think a majority agree) that any construction owner would be performing construction on Mother's Day or that fire training would be scheduled for a volunteer ff on Sunday, Mother's Day.

The fire chief previously confirmed to MSM that there was no "district sanctioned" fire fighting training scheduled for Sunday and that (as most presumed) their fire training schedule was suspended during COVID19.

Also, NG's expert panel a few days ago independently commented on their disbelief the husband would schedule himself away on Sunday, Mother's Day.
They seem to think the prosecution would certainly use this "odd event" with a jury.

MOO

That's a very large fireplace. Efficient, too. My hinky meter has heated up. I wonder if logs have recently been moved from the outdoor woodpile... there would be a trail of debris through the house to the fireplace. It would suggest the fireplace had been used recently if there was such debris. Also, there wouldn't be dust on the top of the wood pile.
It takes a long, long time at extremely high heat to burn a body outside of a crematorium intended for that purpose. He didn’t burn her in their home fireplace, or anywhere else for that matter. It’s a simple thing to rule out because it doesn’t make logical sense.

Can any of them be pushed back and forth across the concrete by a single person, like a lawnmower?

What I saw was in a Pelican-style case. It wasn’t on wheels. A person with proper training set it up at one location, and moved it to take additional images. It was used on exterior walls and a floor slab that was accessible from the underside. For some x-ray units, there’s a need access to both sides, so a slab on grade presents a problem for some equipment unless there’s an opening or space underneath that permits access. Then again, there’s a variety of equipment out there. There are a lot of advances in non-destructive testing, and lots of new developments.

X-ray images may be possible in some areas, but GPR is the most practical method. I need to look at the site photos again to see what’s going on.

The GPR units are available on wheels. Some of those might yield useful information, even if the concrete hasn’t cured yet.

Last edited:
It takes a long, long time at extremely high heat to burn a body outside of a crematorium intended for that purpose. He didn’t burn her in their home fireplace, or anywhere else for that matter. It’s a simple thing to rule out because it doesn’t make logical sense.

You’re confusing doing something successfully in a professional capacity with attempting to do something. Murderers burn bodies to a greater or lesser extent all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member