Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m leaning towards the idea that LE was working with specific information to narrow down the search area. As implied by the inspection issue, there could be a problem from disturbing the insulation. It’s also possible that an initial GPR scan turned up areas that needed investigation. Using the GPR could be an issue if the concrete hadn’t hardened

Right. An older model double wide modular home with an attached awning.
I'm not sure what that is in the yard by the decorative well.

I suspect that square mini-rooflike thing near the ground is the cover to the well (the real well, not the red decorative thing nearer the street)

On Google Maps street view you can see a garden standpipe right next to it. And in one of the current photos I saw the well casing or what looked like it (white vertical pipe around 6-8" diameter, maybe 2-3 feet high) in that location.

On the other hand I noticed what looked like the concrete cover to a water meter near the street -- but lots of places still keep the original well functioning even after the property is connected to municipal water service. IMO MOO

I've wondered about that statement, too. Imagine that BLM is a person who returned to the area where his wife had gone missing and, at that early point in time, he fully expected that the searchers would find her. Somewhere close to home, where she was supposedly riding her bike, he might have believed she had an accident and would be found fairly quickly. In his mind, he might think appealing to the public would be too soon as he expects the nearly 100 searchers to find her at any time so.... how would the public find her anyway? The public isn't allowed to search for her in that area. He would offer the reward of $100,000, expecting it would be a searcher who would find her and return her safely to her home. I know what I would do and what many people would do differently... but, just because someone behaves differently from how we think most people might is not proof of anything other than people handle stressful and frightening situations differently, imo.

I realize most people aren't going to believe that this scenario could be true.... but, if it were to be true... then a statement such as,
"It's too soon" would make perfect sense, imo.

I agree, but I noticed in the transcript of his video plea, he doesn't mention the idea of her being injured and not yet found -- ie "hang on, honey, if you're out in the woods we will find you". I mean obviously he wouldn't actually expect her to hear his plea if she was lying injured somewhere, but the whole premise of a plea that's half to her and half to some potential kidnapper is nonsensical on the merits, but an honestly distressed spouse would still address the missing person with "hang on, we're searching and will find you" IMO MOO

Where did you see it was all done? They said they were returning today.
Agreed! They are not done.
"CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 23, 2020
Update: There are no new developments on May 23, 2020.
A search being conducted at a residence on the east side of Salida in connection with the Suzanne Morphew missing person case has concluded for the day. Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI plan to return to the site to continue the search on Sunday, May 24, 2020.
To date, the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office reports that Ms. Morphew has not been located and there have been no arrests in the investigation.
Original Release from May 22
Based on information developed during the Suzanne Morphew missing person case, investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are conducting a search at a residential property on the east side of the Salida.
The property owner is fully cooperative with law enforcement and is not connected with the disappearance of Ms. Morphew. No details about the search are being released at this time. Additionally, it is not known how long this search will take law enforcement.
*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

They are returning today? I saw a pic where everything is gone from that site.The sheriff said she has not been found, right?
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 23, 2020
Update: There are no new developments on May 23, 2020.
A search being conducted at a residence on the east side of Salida in connection with the Suzanne Morphew missing person case has concluded for the day. Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI plan to return to the site to continue the search on Sunday, May 24, 2020.
To date, the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office reports that Ms. Morphew has not been located and there have been no arrests in the investigation.
Original Release from May 22
Based on information developed during the Suzanne Morphew missing person case, investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are conducting a search at a residential property on the east side of the Salida.
The property owner is fully cooperative with law enforcement and is not connected with the disappearance of Ms. Morphew. No details about the search are being released at this time. Additionally, it is not known how long this search will take law enforcement.
*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

So BM was spreading dirt for a foundation around the time Suzanne went missing. I hope LE is going on more than that coincidence, since that is what he does for work. Certainly they have GPS, cell phone records, video and have laid out a timeline for the husband. We don't know any of this, or critical details of the case.

I hope to pleasantly surprised by what evidence LE has, but at this point- do we know anything factual that suggests Suzanne wasn't abducted?
Seeing that to obtain a warrant, a LE submits a written affidavit to a judge or magistrate. The affidavit, given under oath, must recite sufficient factual information to establish probable cause that a crime was committed and that the person named in the warrant committed it.

It would be irresponsible for LE to go on coincidence.

Yes, there were two tents yesterday, as today’s DM photos show. The white one (larger) is where LE was doing all the sifting. The smaller navy tent covered the rectangular whole cut out of the concrete slab. I haven’t seen any photos from today’s investigation so not sure if they replicated this or not. My thought has been that the navy tent was primarily erected to provide privacy while they were digging.

Yes, pesky helicopters! For a story stirring up as much interest as this one suddenly is, tents would be a necessity.

Well, if they’re sifting for pieces, the assumption would be that he successfully burned her to complete ash.

It's good to remember that there's a river there where bigger pieces left from a burn could have been slung only to sink to the bottom. LE could be sifting to find only teeth from which they could extract DNA.

Interesting ... what was all that dust they were stirring up yesterday? It was so thick it could be seen in pictures. Someone said it was “concrete” dust and I think a lot of us assumed LE/FBI cut that hole.
My husband does dirt work, my father built new homes. Personally, I thought that was the garage for property. IDK...

I agree this looks like what will be a garage. The house is behind it. The areal video (helicopter or drone?) posted earlier showed what looked like the basement Foundation (framing? I do t know the correct terms) of a home behind this, but you can only tell that by looking back from the other direction. If this was the concrete foundation for a garage, would there be less “stuff” that would have to go underneath it?

The property owner told investigators that BM poured concrete on Mother’s Day. I’ll have to find the link.

ETA: I can't find the link at the moment so just disregard for now as I don't want to spread false information.
Concrete is another trade and not likely worked performed by a site prep or Landscaper. However, I have no idea what BM was contracted to do.

O

Oh no, this is not good.
Also went radio silent after BM's fb video. Also stopped updating the official missing page -- hasn't been updated since May 16/17. Just bizarre given his beloved aunt is still missing. I think the nephew via the official page could have been helpful at keeping Friday's rumors at bay. MOO

The Police must have a timeline for this site. So they have an indication of who, why and what time people entered and left the site.

I still would like to have a timeline for the family. When did everybody exactly leave? When was the last time her family had contact with her, exactly? Because if someone used that site to get rid of evidence, they have to know how and when not to be spotted, given it is a residential area.

Also went radio silent after BM's fb video. Also stopped updating the official missing page -- hasn't been updated since May 16/17. Just bizarre given his beloved aunt is still missing. I think the nephew via the official page could have been helpful at keeping Friday's rumors at bay. MOO

Before that there was not much of a communication towards the outside world from the family either. Not her daughters, her husband or any other relatives. Coupled with BM's video later on, my scenario went towards kidnapping and randsome. Especially with the CBI and FBI heavily involved that early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee