Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

According to the description on the site, the nephew started the fund to assist with housing & feeding family and volunteers helping with the search.
Exactly the same as countless other families do, that have a loved one go missing.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
...Doesn't it seem odd to ask the public for money when the family is offering 200k for info?
I thought that the reward (at least, the husband's match of $100k) was for SM's "safe" return. If that's the case, you can offer anything that you want to offer because she is not going to "safely" return.

I think that the reward money for Laci Peterson's safe return was $450,000. Well, she was murdered. So, there was going to be no safe return.

After a certain point, I think police know that they are more than likely not looking for a missing person. They are looking for the person's body.

Hmmm... Where is that spot relative to SM's home? How about relative to the search on the construction site? It would be great to see it geographically on a map/contour.
It’s about 16 miles east of SM’s house, on the outskirts of Salida. Not rural. Unless you’re talking about where the bike was found. That spot is a couple of miles west of her home.

I'm not sure that the Chaffee County Sheriff's Department is that predictable. Beverly England disappeared off the street in Salida on June 12, 1980. It is still a very active case in their office. I think it's fair to say that they are very patient, and never give up, but surprising? I'll have to give that some thought. JMO
Did you follow the Gannon Stauch case? That's the type of suprise I mean. No one could have imagined some of the stuff LS told LE. While the affidavit in this case may not have that many twists and turns, I'm betting there will be some surprises revealed.

ADMIN NOTE:

Thread cleanup is ongoing, but just want to put out a few reminders at this point:

Stop discussing the daughters and/or judging family decision making when we have no idea why those decisions were made. The girls are NOT the topic of this discussion.

Obviously in this case, WS is allowing speculation based on what is in MSM about the husband and what appear to be strong indications of the direction LE is going in, but stop sleuthing out and posting background information on BM (i.e. his businesses or other personal information). Member may discuss and speculate on what is in MSM. Members may sleuth and discuss in private conversations (where you can add up to 20 people in the conversation), but please don't sleuth on the public thread until someone is named by LE to be a suspect.

Please stay on topic and discuss this case only. We don't have time to be reading every single post on every single page. One off topic post on one page leads to many off topic response many pages later (i.e. all of a sudden we read about someone having a lover and we track it back to find out it is in no way related to THIS case but to some other case that somebody brought up X pages back. We then have to go through all the subsequent pages to find other posts that relate to an off topic post).

Thank you.

JMO
Im left wondering how far LE will go in tearing up that slab and foundation work looking for her. I wonder if their plans are to remove it all if they have to.

I suppose it all depends on how strong their information is that she could be in a certain part of the slab work. Whether they used dogs, ground penetrating radar, or some witness provided information, there has to be something LE is using to help guide them.

JMO
Im left wondering how far LE will go in tearing up that slab and foundation work looking for her. I wonder if their plans are to remove it all If they have to.

I suppose it all depends on how strong their information is that she could be in a certain part of the slab work. Whether they used dogs, ground penetrating radar, or some witness provided information, there has to be something LE is using to help guide them.

I was wondering the same. This will be day 3 of the search there (that we know off). Must be some strong indication that there must be somthing there.

I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around any timeline that involves SM's husband and the riverside site he worked on.

It sounds like the police may be exploring the possibility that he buried SM or incriminating evidence on the site after he worked on it and before the concrete was poured.

It's only been barely two weeks since SM disappeared. Were the forms set up and concrete poured that quickly? It seems pretty risky to me to bury something on a site that is going to be immediately developed. I'd be worried that the builders might dig something up while digging the forms for the concrete.

Of course, if the forms were already in place, then there's the possibility of burying something below where fresh concrete is about to be poured.

While we are awaiting news or something, has anyone seen this? This type of thing is new to me so I was hoping someone else might be more familiar and could enlighten me? TIA

SUZANNE R MORPHEW HOPE FOUNDATION INC | Open990
<modsnip> The date is interesting IMO
I think this is the non-profit she started for children in need when she moved to Colorado. Not positive but I have heard it mentioned several times.

IMO he shakes his head NO thru the whole clip. I think he is says no to all the things he is saying like I want you back etc. <modsnip> IMO
The only other time I can remember someone shaking their heads while talking is the clip with the beautiful Natalie Holloway where she was describing a great time she had while in the car with her mom.

That's why I loved reading @10ofRods interpretation also. We have so many great critical thinkers and experts in various fields here on WS. Gives us a lot to think about.

MOO
With all the excavation equipment a dirt moving business would have, it wouldn't be unfathomable that someone could dig a pit very quickly, ignite a body with accelerants and probably have not much left by noon the next day. The family home is on 7-8 acres so no real close neighbors and the pit in the ground would help to hide flames. The accelerant would make it burn hot and fast ala Frazee.

Because they're sifting the dirt at the search site, this leads me to think LE believes her body
was either shredded or burned and only small pieces remain to be found.

There's a body detection method used to find
human remains even if under concrete. Initially they just have to drill a small hole through concrete, insert a probe that captures
gas emitted from remains and a lab can then detect any nitrogen type gasses from body parts under concrete. Reports say it's more accurate than cadaver dogs.
It’s unfathomable because there’s a burn ban in effect in their county and someone would have immediately reported smoke. It’s wildfire country around there and fire risk is high right now.

I know....we hardly have anything to go on here. They are being so tight with info. I wonder why as well. o_O

Total speculation...

It's possible, within the first few days (or hours) of this investigation, a single person kept coming up as they collected more evidence, did more searches, conducted more interviews, etc.
If that were the case, they would naturally keep all of this info in-house, so as to NOT tip off the suspect that they're on to him.

jmo

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> It was started by a family member as a fund to use for searching for SM... food, lodging, etc... for searchers. We have had no approved verification that BLM was involved with, was associated with or even knew about the fund and if he did know about it, we have no way to know when or how he found out about it. <modsnip>

I think money is an important status symbol in Barry's life so .he thought offering a large reward would show the public how much he loved his wife.

RSBM
And that backfired IMO. It came across as pretentious and insincere. Marc Klass was a suspect in his daughters disappearance and he came out blasting, no waiting around "because it's too soon". He made himself available for every question/every PC/took a lie detector test , anything and everything that was asked... so the focus wouldn't be on him and they could find his loved one. He initiated a lot of the searching. Haven't seen anything by Barry, not one thing other than an evasive 27 second pitch where the body language totally contradicts the message. He could be speaking out now, but he's not.

In order to keep an open mind as far as the suspect pool, I’m casting the net wider for now. We all know who we think is the prime suspect, but we have been very wrong before. Here’s a recent case-
Two employees are among four suspects arrested for kidnapping a millionaire cannabis tycoon | Daily Mail Online
Have you ever watch “A Simple Plan” or “Fargo”? The Morphews look pretty successful. Maybe someone thought this would be easy money. There are plenty of bad people out there. While I didn’t believe the rumors swirling the other day, there could be kernels in there that were true.

If there was a dangerous unknown abductor snatching women off trails in Chaffee County, I think the actions of LE would look very different than what we are witnessing now, MOO.

Imagine how surprised we'll be when we finally get to read the details of the PC affidavit. Or not.
Just to play devil's advocate. Unless it's the perp's first time or if his intent is not murder. I remember the story of Abby Rodriguez where she was abducted while walking and kept in a storage container for 9 months in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. And also the young woman in Tennessee whose boyfriend was killed and she was also kept. I'm not arguing because I'm more inclined to think along your lines, but just to throw it out there.

Maybe I'm just trying to think of a way where she will be found alive. I know we all wish for that. :(

The Colorado Herald originally reported that 50 and 240 was where the search was being held. I’m wondering if they had so many press and looky loos going up there that they had to station someone from LE there. Interestingly there is a fire camp up that road.

Colorado Firecamp website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member