Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO LE will search that homesite until they are fully convinced she nor any items related to her are there or can be located. They already got permission to search, have the personnel and equipment, so this is their one major shot.

For whatever reason they believe it's reasonable that SM or whatever other items could have been put there, under layers of dirt. That doesn't mean she *is* actually there or they'll find her, but they can only go where their investigation leads them and this is one of those places.

On a related note I have a true crime buddy who I've followed several cases with. He has not followed this case, though I recently mentioned SM to him. He told me he just watched the BM video and he immediately noticed the incongruity between what was said and demeanor, with the head shaking on every sentence. To me it would be difficult not to notice such a thing. It may not be fair to think "the husband may have done it," but to refuse to consider that's what LE is investigating would be nonsensical.

I am saying that if the bike was found at, under or beside the Fooses Lake Bridge, the logical conclusion would be that she was separated from her bike there, on a return descent from the top of Monarch Pass toward her own house. It is highly unlikely that staging would have taken place there.
One example might be that she was descending at high speed, came around the bend and at first sight of the bridge saw that it was blocked by a person, took the only high speed escape route to the right of the bridge, slammed on her brakes so hard that they locked, throwing her forward and rendering her incapable of defending herself. Backing that imaginary vision up to start, we have heard that a biker called LE to report a car parked on CR 225 with a man in it, who looked suspicious. CR225 is entirely below Fooses Lake Dam, so It would have been possible to observe SM starting her bike ride from that road, but not possible to observe her descending to Fooses Lake Bridge from CR 225. In plain English, the could have seen her going up, and waited for her to come down at the one bottleneck where she could be stopped.
Did it happen that way? I don't know.
IMO
I didn’t believe there was a Sunday morning bike ride ... but the scene you lay out sounds very plausible. If LE thought or believed this I don’t think investigation would have went in the direction it has gone - unless they think their suspect caused the crash.

if someone knew Suzanne would not safely return,they could offer a large sum of money they did not actually have .I think money is an important status symbol in Barry's life so .he thought offering a large reward would show the public how much he loved his wife.
Does the reward specify that she must be found alive? I'll go back and look but not much skin off their teeth if she's known to be gone. I'm always struck by that comment "if returned alive or safely". It just begs the question.

Homeschooling has been a very popular option for the last few years.

Also allows freedom to travel for families.

According to the description on the site, the nephew started the fund to assist with housing & feeding family and volunteers helping with the search.
Exactly the same as countless other families do, that have a loved one go missing.
It was never started for a "millionaire" and I don't even know who this millionaire is, you speak of.
When one owns a home worth 1.5M, you are a millionaire.

I think LE, upon receiving the initial 911 call would automatically rush to the last known area where a missing bicyclist was reported to have gone missing and / or could not be located by the neighbor. It was just hours before it would get dark. At that point LE may have assumed SM may have suffered a biking accident and finding her and bringing her in for medical treatment could be the difference between saving her life or losing her. That would a very concerning call just on the face of it for LE, imo.

Yes, I agree one hundred per cent. When someone's overdue on an outdoor activity, be it bike ride, hike, rock climbing, kayaking, whatever, the first thing that comes to mind is accident, and the likelihood the person is alive and injured and can be saved if they're found quickly enough.

DM also showed a Facebook post made on SM’s account on May 9th ... the photo of her with her daughters and the accompanying comment Blessed”. If SM indeed made that post, that *might* be what DM is referring to as last known contact from her. OTOH, if someone connected to her disappearance had access to her account, it could be nothing more than a cover and if so, who knows when she was truly last heard from ...?

That photo/post was from May 9th last year.

Keep in mind that unless you are SM's friend on fb you are limited to seeing what is posted publically. She could well have posted anything this year but as friends only and the rest of us would never know. But the photo you're referring to was indeed from 2019.

Part of your comment BBM. In spite of your great map, I'm still having trouble visualizing everything you've described. Are you saying in the bolded area in your comment that the 3d bridge is in a ravine and would be near the end of a bike ride that could have begun at a higher altitude on the trail? Is it possible that SM was not separated from her bike at the bridge but was separated from her bike much higher up the trail? If that's so... then couldn't SM have been separated from her bike way up on that trail and somebody other than SM rode the bike down to the bridge and left it there? If the bike was found under the bridge or even just placed on the bridge... that might explain why the bike was found there... as someone might have wanted to leave the area immediately if they had attacked SM before taking her bike from her and did not want to be seen riding her bike.
The bike could possibly have been put in plain sight on/in/near a bridge by a random stranger. I was out for a walk the other day and noticed a cell phone on the edge of the road. Almost certainly it fell out of a cyclist's pocket. I picked it up and put it on a guard rail so someone might actually see it if they came looking.

SM's bike could have been out of sight to everyone except maybe a random biker stopped right there to get a gulp of water, saw the bike, and then moved it in the hopes that whoever it belonged to would notice "the bike fell off the back of the car" and come looking for it. Voilà in plain sight.

Hey everyone,

I do not think Suzanne's specific health issues are sourced in MSM. I believe they are from the husband's social media which is off limits unless officially named a suspect by LE.

If someone has an MSM source for the specific condition, please link it; otherwise it is off limits for now.

Thanks.

Does the reward specify that she must be found alive? I'll go back and look but not much skin off their teeth if she's known to be gone. I'm always struck by that comment "if returned alive or safely". It just begs the question.
The reward specified "for her safe return."

All indications combined with LE's activities imply SM is not safe, and without such an outcome, no reward will ever be paid out.

Hey everyone,

I do not think Suzanne's specific health issues are sourced in MSM. I believe they are from the husband's social media which is off limits unless officially named a suspect by LE.

If someone has an MSM source for the specific condition, please link it; otherwise it is off limits for now.

Thanks.
Yes—-that’s a really good point @SillyBilly. I was thinking that too just before you posted

Few facts have been released. So, yeah, it's too soon to draw any conclusions. LE would be remiss, IMO, if they didn't thoroughly investigate the spouse, no matter how firm his alibi. It is part of doing their due diligence. So, I'm reluctant to read too much into LE actions at this point. Might mean something; might not. If it turns out that SM was abducted and killed by a stranger (or by someone with whom she had little direct contact), then LE will have their work cut out for them.

The request for people to preserve any video recordings, in case LE may need them later, could suggest that LE isn't really sure where the investigation will go (i.e., leads are few). I think of David Stodden in Seattle. LE had few leads into the murders of his wife and daughter. So, what did they do? Focus on David, by default. Finally, after 12 years, LE cleared him as a suspect. Imagine being under a cloud of suspicion for so long and not being able to do anything about it.

David Stodden passes a polygraph, hopes for tips in slayings | HeraldNet.com
What is odd to me however is that they asked people to SAVE them, not review them or look for anything, but I’m assuming most people have (I would), but you don’t see them or hear about them going to homes and requesting the footage... I suppose I’m hoping there is someone with some incriminating video like in GS case, where would we be without that video? Maybe police have it? These LE are keeping VERY quiet in this case...they have a strategy I think.

When one owns a home worth 1.5M, you are a millionaire.

I was not aware of that.
I guess I just assumed a millionaire was someone who had that amount of money at their disposal.
Clearly I am not part of that club :) or I'd have known.

Either way, the Fund site was not created for the owner of the home, as the OP implied.

That photo/post was from May 9th last year.

Keep in mind that unless you are SM's friend on fb you are limited to seeing what is posted publically. She could well have posted anything this year but as friends only and the rest of us would never know. But the photo you're referring to was indeed from 2019.

Thank you for clarifying this. Curious how you identified the year of the photo? Very misleading on the part of DM to state it was from 2020 ... and extremely sloppy reporting even if inadvertent on their part. Not that that's a huge surprise...

I was not aware of that.
I guess I just assumed a millionaire was someone who had that amount of money at their disposal.

Millionaire status is determined by total net worth, which includes property owned, minus all debts. Many people are millionaires on paper but may not have a lot of liquid cash flow at their disposal.

What is odd to me however is that they asked people to SAVE them, not review them or look for anything, but I’m assuming most people have (I would), but you don’t see them or hear about them going to homes and requesting the footage... I suppose I’m hoping there is someone with some incriminating video like in GS case, where would we be without that video? Maybe police have it? These LE are keeping VERY quiet in this case...they have a strategy I think.

Or one could say, this very “quiet” way of LE speaks loudly to those POI’s who are pacing around looking out windows o_O

Or ...you were approved for a very large mortgage.
The home in Indiana is still in their name, it’s worth 800k ... they financed it for family member who purchased - IIRC someone on here looked that up. Then, add the new home $1.7m and they have to be financially stable, right? The NP organization only shows $6k in it. Not to mention he offered $100k for reward. I’ve never been good with calculations but it appears they were stable in financial area, with problems in other areas. Speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt