Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... Where is that spot relative to SM's home? How about relative to the search on the construction site? It would be great to see it geographically on a map/contour.
FireCamp is 3.4 miles or 6 minutes from their home according to Google Maps but there are lots of homes in area and I do not see any BURN areas nearby on Google Earth ... wonder where they do their training?

Attachments

• 0285BBC4-3FFD-47EB-8C2D-A278C6F5E3DF.jpeg
    0285BBC4-3FFD-47EB-8C2D-A278C6F5E3DF.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
'He’s going out, driving up the road, and trying to remember any suspicious vehicles that he’s seen,'he added.

Well if she was abducted while he was away at training what suspicious vehicles would he be searching for if he wasn’t even around? That’s a strange thing to do imo. I would think if I saw a suspicious looking vehicle at any time I would recall it and wouldn’t need to drive up and down a road. Just like that guy in one of the earlier news videos did. He recalled right away that he thought a car looked out of place near the trail. Jmo

Right?! How would you know what was suspicious while you were out of town? also IMO he's watching out the window for something else... like a couple red and blue lights.

'Gimme' Refund? Beneficiaries?
I can’t even talk about the Gimme Fund... I definitely think you should NOT be able to change beneficiary without notifying donors and offering a refund! I also think you should be able to request a refund of a donation since so many seem to be used for reasons other than what creator of fund indicated at onset....
@vaporlass :) sbm I understand what you're saying and think many donors would agree, but from Gimme site's administrative viewpoint, imo seems difficult, if not unworkable.
If/when donor asks for refund, how does Gimme know it's an acceptable reason for refund per Gimme's ToS? Maybe that donor incurred unexpected $1257 car repair and wants $1000 donation back? Or after giving, another donor decided her $100 should have been spent on her kids' school books & supplies? Or a donor's spouse learns of contrib and says, "You blew $50 on that and we haven't been out to dinner in 3 months? :mad: Get it back."
And what deadline would be placed on refunds? 24-hours? 72? A week? A month or more? What if the campaign reached its goal and organizer has withdrawn all $ and spent it? W Gimme's (new, hypothetical) refund ToS/policy, does Gimme refund all donors ^ requesting $? Which donor(s) are first in line, so to speak? Does Gimme handle these requests on a FIFO or LIFO basis?
Below: EDITED for clarification.
And Gimme's logistic nightmare could be exacerbated in some campaigns if it allows a change of beneficiries. Caveat: IIUC, they allow organizer to add a named beneficiary, who is then allowed to withdraw the $ from the available balance in the a/c, instead of the organizer withdrawing $ and spending it for intended uses/paying to beneficiary.
Plus uncertainty for campaign organizers, if Gimme adopts new liberal refund policy/ToS. After the first week the campaign organizer seeing $6000 donated of $10,000 goal & withdraws and uses it for intended purposes. Soooo if a Gimme provides refunds to several dozen donors requesting refunds totalling $4000, who pays? IIUC, under actual policy of that site, if Gimme does, then it simply withholds the next collective series of donations to that campaign. So if/when another $4000 is given ($10,000 total) then the campaign ends up w $6000 in hands of organizer, because Gimme refunded $4000 to prior donors.

I could be wrong, but from years of considering BIG PICTURE of somewhat similar issues from a home office/corporate viewpoint w hundred of thousands of customers impacted, imo, I do not see how a liberal refund policy is workable. Imo in determining ToS/policy, Gimme and other crowdfunding sites consider these points and many other intricate issues.
W Gimme's business model, imo it cannot issue refunds liberally, the same way that, say, :)WalMart or other retailers allow ppl to return merchandise, virtually no questions asked. Money back, w a smile? :)

Last edited:
Didn’t I read somewhere that she didn’t take her phone biking, which led me to believe her phone was left at home ... I know I asked the question, why wasn’t she wearing Apple Watch or FitBit? I thought all runners and bikers wore tracking devices, rather than taking their phone with them, for both safety and monitoring workouts, HR etc.

I'm not sure about the phone, I don't recall seeing anything about it, one way or the other.
Nor have we seen any kind of confirmation one way or the other about a FitBit, Apple Watch or any other fitness wearable device.

Took a couple days away from here and have a few thoughts:
1) BM must have been "away" on Mother's Day or girls wouldn't have called neighbor. If he have a false story about being at training, I think it's plausible that he would explain that to LE by saying he was actually somewhere "embarrassing." It's like every British crime drama - the first suspect gets caught in a lie, but it's always to cover up something other than the murder "I lied about being in London, but i didn't kill her!!!" Of course in real life the false alibi tend be more telling.
2) The Fox 31 News "open mic" refers to neighbor saying that he/she reported activity at the building site on Mother's Day weekend. No mention of who was there, but if it was BM and he left that part out when giving LE his "real" alibi, then that might explain the three day search at that site.
3) Still seems quite telling that there are no pressers from the family(s). I think about all of the appearances by family during the Laci Peterson saga, and it just feels like, in this case, that they all know there's nothing more to add.

Opinions, and hypotheses, but that seems to be the box we're in.

Didn’t I read somewhere that she didn’t take her phone biking, which led me to believe her phone was left at home ... I know I asked the question, why wasn’t she wearing Apple Watch or FitBit? I thought all runners and bikers wore tracking devices, rather than taking their phone with them, for both safety and monitoring workouts, HR etc.
I have to preface with the disclaimer: the following is MY view and I have no idea how Suzanne thought about it herself. I’m an avid sporter, riding long trips on a stepper bike. I don’t wear Fitbit or Apple Watch. I choose to only track the route I take, my speed and length of my training via an App on my phone. I’m in no way sharing personal medical data with the world (every company who would pay for it to Facebook and co) with the help of Fitbit or Apple Watch. I only use an app to keep the stats and to be able to be located in the event something would happen with me while out riding.

Right?! How would you know what was suspicious while you were out of town? also IMO he's watching out the window for something else... like a couple red and blue lights.
Technically if Suzanne had a stalker waiting for an opportunity to strike, BM could have seen their vehicle days before.

'He’s going out, driving up the road, and trying to remember any suspicious vehicles that he’s seen,'he added.

Well if she was abducted while he was away at training what suspicious vehicles would he be searching for if he wasn’t even around? That’s a strange thing to do imo. I would think if I saw a suspicious looking vehicle at any time I would recall it and wouldn’t need to drive up and down a road. Just like that guy in one of the earlier news videos did. He recalled right away that he thought a car looked out of place near the trail. Jmo

I would think he was driving up and down the road to see where LE were searching!
perhaps there are other possessions of Suzanne's that have not yet been located or something of his he threw away in a hurry before LE arrived.

Hmmm... Where is that spot relative to SM's home? How about relative to the search on the construction site? It would be great to see it geographically on a map/contour.
It is about 6 minutes to the area of the fire camp from the house and another 19 minutes or so to the current search site on 105.

Attachments

• 566B544B-23E8-4DEF-8CF8-446CC9B30F8D.jpeg
    566B544B-23E8-4DEF-8CF8-446CC9B30F8D.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 13

Looking out the window hoping to see her, yet he doesn't have a cell phone and is communicating thru his friend? Guess he doesn't think she will call, but will drive by wherever it is he is staying o_O

does anyone else but me think this car may have a strong possibility to her disappearance? Some years back in the south (can’t recall case) young gal on bike disappeared and they found her bike under a bridge. She was found eventually murdered.

That photo/post was from May 9th last year.

Keep in mind that unless you are SM's friend on fb you are limited to seeing what is posted publically. She could well have posted anything this year but as friends only and the rest of us would never know. But the photo you're referring to was indeed from 2019.
I could be mistaken but every profile image “change” is public even if no one can see anything else you post on page. I’m not that FB savvy so please correct me if I’m wrong. My point is IF that is true she hasn’t updated her profile image in a year. Is it really dated May 9 2019? Ugh ... what a coincidence.

does anyone else but me think this car may have a strong possibility to her disappearance? Some years back in the south (can’t recall case) young gal on bike disappeared and they found her bike under a bridge. She was found eventually murdered.
Mickey Shunick Louisiana
Brandon Scott Lavergne, who is serving two life sentences in the Louisiana State Penitentiary for the murders of Mickey Shunick of Lafayette and Lisa Pate led police to her remains
Mickey Shunick: Missing Student's Bike Found Under Bridge

Because they're sifting the dirt at the search site, this leads me to think LE believes her body
was either shredded or burned and only small pieces remain to be found.

There's a body detection method used to find
human remains even if under concrete. Initially they just have to drill a small hole through concrete, insert a probe that captures
gas emitted from remains and a lab can then detect any nitrogen type gasses from body parts under concrete. Reports say it's more accurate than cadaver dogs.

WOW !

One of my friends had a long battle with ovarian cancer. Her doctors, who were affiliated with a major cancer center, decided on a treatment regimen, but the recommended chemotherapy could be administered elsewhere. She chose to get her treatments at a hospital closer to home. In her case, though, the cancer center was still only a couple of hours away when she needed to consult and change treatment plans.

After she died, her husband eventually moved with their two teenagers to another state. One of the kids benefitted greatly from the change in schools.
I have a friend with very slow growing but incurable cancer. She is expected to live a relatively normal span but requires periodic treatment. She was encouraged to familiarize herself with Several different facilities before choosing where to be treated. She had the flexibility as long as all her doctors conferred and planned treatment together. I don’t see it as a red flag if Suzanne moves during the course of treatment. Maybe she wanted to begin life in CO as soon as she could; cancer tends to inspire people to follow their dreams.

Interesting.

The building inspector was at the site inspecting piers and insulation under the slab on 5/11, 5/14 & 5/15. So exactly when would BM have brought something there?

Unfortunately, we don't have any info on who and when someone other than BM last saw Suzanne alive.
I think she could have been placed in a hole, under the new dirt, around 2 or 3 in the morning, on Sunday May 10th.

I don't think there has been any source that said she didn't take her phone out biking. I think random chatter about if there are cell phone signals in her area made some people speculate maybe she didn't even bother taking a phone. Imo that is a rumor that ran wild. I have not come across any source, even unconfirmed ones, who ever said she didn't bring a cell phone on bike rides. Imo, most people would, whether it's to use phone apps like mapmyride or snap a picture, or whatever. There are a gazillion easy ways to store a phone on your person or bike. Imo, not taking the phone biking originated from pure rumor. (If I'm wrong, I stand corrected, but that has not been confirmed anywhere.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01