Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the reward specify that she must be found alive? I'll go back and look but not much skin off their teeth if she's known to be gone. I'm always struck by that comment "if returned alive or safely". It just begs the question.
Yes -- reward has always been for SM's safe return, no questions asked!

It's never been promised for information to locate and/or recover SM.

HA !! Burn bans mean nothing to some of the people where I live.
Even when it is posted over and over and over on county and township SM and our little town's FB page, some were still burning away.
However, given that BM is a firefighter, I would think he would adhere to the burning regulations. JMO
Or maybe no one would (at the time) question him for starting a fire because he’s a volunteer firefighter and knows how to contain a said fire. And/or perhaps no one thought it was out of the ordinary because he is a firefighter. MOO. Just speculating.

I shouldn’t speak for @Boxer , but I believe they are being facetious with a scenario that combines all 3 rumors we have heard.
Thanks, yes a bit joking.
None of the info is substantiated and yet all the reports could be happening to one bike.

I tried to fix the post so its clearer.

Last edited:
I was not aware of that.
I guess I just assumed a millionaire was someone who had that amount of money at their disposal.
Clearly I am not part of that club :) or I'd have known.
Either way, the Fund site was not created for the owner of the home, as the OP implied.
I suppose I just thought that a millionaire would PAY for searchers and volunteers to get his precious wife back ... I know I would if a loved one was missing ... and didn’t someone say “whatever it takes to get her back?” Obviously paying for searchers wasn’t included in that statement.

can i post links from youtube of a couple of gals who drove the area around suzanne's house? to show what it looks like where they lived? it is even more remote than i imagined, and the surrounding roads are not even paved. i had no idea just how remote it was!

Or maybe no one would (at the time) question him for starting a fire because he’s a volunteer firefighter and knows how to contain a said fire. And/or perhaps no one thought it was out of the ordinary because he is a firefighter. MOO. Just speculating.
MOO think any perpetrator would be too nervous about possible attention.

while personally this would never even be an option for me in my life - I would agree imo many people wouldn't move for an affair. Especially not if the individual is in another state... one might use it as "travel for work"
Well, I know of 3 wives whose husbands wanted to uproot their families, young children and all, in order to live in the same state as the respective side pieces.
Out of state travel for work gets expensive.

"However, we're not letting out violent sex offenders. The only sex offenders we're letting out, currently, in my county are ones within 60 days of release anyway, with the ones closest to release getting out first However, we're not letting out violent sex offenders. The only sex offenders we're letting out, currently, in my county are ones within 60 days of release anyway, with the ones closest to release getting out first .."

There is one rule and that is there is always an exception to the rule is what I apply here. Yes, most areas are refraining from letting out dangerous criminals ahead of time but that doesn't always happen. For the most part we can hope for what is best for community safety, but must be aware that doesn't always happen.

""These kinds of high-risk sex offenders are the most dangerous kind of criminal and the most likely to re-offend," District Attorney Todd Spitzer said in a statement. "They are doing everything they can to avoid detection by the parole officers assigned to monitor them so they can potentially commit additional sex offenses. These are not the kind of people who should be getting a break."
7 high-risk sex offenders released from Orange County jails; DA's office issues community warning

These are unusual times. Resources are stressed as well as people.

FireCamp is 3.4 miles or 6 minutes from their home according to Google Maps but there are lots of homes in area and I do not see any BURN areas nearby on Google Earth ... wonder where they do their training?

At the well-respected wild land fire academy near me in SoCal (I have students who are in it), they do a lot of training on regular land. Digging trenches, doing chain saw exercises on various kinds of wood, tagging trees, creating hose lines with markers (I'm not sure of the terms, but I have watched them train). They also learn to do these things in full gear. The instructors/deans in this area of instruction are phenomenal. They do a lot of training in the foothills, in riverbeds (that's the only place I know of where they ever contemplating starting a fire - but they aren't doing that these days) and in their regular training area (which is flat, partly asphalt, and a lot of weeded brushland).

At the jail where I work (low security, not a prison), they train the volunteers for wildland firefighting in the orchards.

"However, we're not letting out violent sex offenders. The only sex offenders we're letting out, currently, in my county are ones within 60 days of release anyway, with the ones closest to release getting out first However, we're not letting out violent sex offenders. The only sex offenders we're letting out, currently, in my county are ones within 60 days of release anyway, with the ones closest to release getting out first .."

There is one rule and that is there is always an exception to the rule is what I apply here. Yes, most areas are refraining from letting out dangerous criminals ahead of time but that doesn't always happen. For the most part we can hope for what is best for community safety, but must be aware that doesn't always happen.

""These kinds of high-risk sex offenders are the most dangerous kind of criminal and the most likely to re-offend," District Attorney Todd Spitzer said in a statement. "They are doing everything they can to avoid detection by the parole officers assigned to monitor them so they can potentially commit additional sex offenses. These are not the kind of people who should be getting a break."
7 high-risk sex offenders released from Orange County jails; DA's office issues community warning

These are unusual times. Resources are stressed as well as people.

Yeah - and I wouldn't go near Orange County right now with a ten foot pole - and that's not the only reason.

I shouldn’t speak for @Boxer , but I believe they are being facetious with a scenario that combines all 3 rumors we have heard.
Not necessarily, if she was mountain biking. Rode down a trail into a ravine, stopped at the bridge at the bottom which is a just simple pedestrian crossing, no railing, leaned her bike against a tree (you don't put your expensive heavy bike on the ground, where it could also get in other's way), and you go off somewhere: to pee, but get lost or taken by a mountain lion, or you choose to permanently disappear.

It's just a scenario and could be either that, or that's what someone wants people to think...or something else altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar