Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No LE has never confirmed anything about a bike.
But here is where we are hearing “ravine” . Fire Chief Bertram says he heard it, so IMO it is second or third hand knowledge.

Other than that, Bertram said, he doesn’t know much about the investigation.

“The initial report that I got when they told me on Monday is that she is missing and they found her bike in a ravine,” he said. “That’s all the information I have gotten.”

Investigators search Salida property in connection with Suzanne Morphew disappearance, Fire Chief remains “hopeful”

Hmm. This makes me wonder. Who could the Chief have gotten that information from? Did someone embroider on what MSM said? Or did someone have personal knowledge.

:rolleyes:

I personally believe they are digging under the white tent that can be seen under the trees, the photos of them digging show a white tent with all that lumber behind them. looks like they are also digging under the square of concrete under the navy tent... so possibly two areas of interest?

Thank you to @Tricia and @sillybilly and other mods for all your hard work during this, you are appreciated!!!

That hole in the cement looks like it's 6 feet deep at least. Dirt filled with rubble and stones.
Amazing processing for 2-3 days. If there is something there I hope they found it.

Thank you for that.
After I posted I was sure I'd read that in MSM but then second guessed myself.
Goodness I hate how the gossip and rumors fly on social media, then find their way here.

jmo

It's challenging today to verify that information is relayed by several sources, excluding pop-up self-described reporters, before accepting it as fact. I believe the bike was left in a visible location so as to be found quickly and easily.

As far as the bike, I originally read it was found in a ravine, then I read it was found on a bridge, then I read it was found leaning against a tree. I do not have sources.

There are media sources stating that the bike was found in relation to a bridge. Therefore, we cannot conclude that she had an bike accident.

As far as the bike, I originally read it was found in a ravine, then I read it was found on a bridge, then I read it was found leaning against a tree. I do not have sources.

MOO Putting all the unsubstantiated reports together, you would have the unsubstantiated discovery of SM's bike leaning on a tree by a bridge in a ravine.

Last edited:
I am new to WS and find This group/page a refreshing and intelligent way of tracking a case that has me fascinated. Thank you to everyone that contributes and for the thoughtful and factual responses and posts.

My question related to the current FBI search. The specific area they have cut from the concrete. Why would they be so fastidious in sifting bucket by bucket of dirt to preserve possible evidence and then at the end of the day remove the tents and leave the site uncovered? What if it rained or myriad other possibilities, it could potentially disturb the site they seem to be so thoroughly investigating?
I can't figure this out, either. On an archaeology dig, we'd have had it covered. Even a news helicopter flying low could potentially make dust fly up and contaminate the site. Plus, they've gone to all that trouble with tent coverage, and then left it all open for prying eyes.
There must be some reason.....

I can't figure this out, either. On an archaeology dig, we'd have had it covered. Even a news helicopter flying low could potentially make dust fly up and contaminate the site. Plus, they've gone to all that trouble with tent coverage, and then left it all open for prying eyes.
I don't think that is a news helicopter. It is LE helicopter. Who ever shared that link before could you bring it here. I didn't save it.

I could be mistaken but every profile image “change” is public even if no one can see anything else you post on page. I’m not that FB savvy so please correct me if I’m wrong. My point is IF that is true she hasn’t updated her profile image in a year. Is it really dated May 9 2019? Ugh ... what a coincidence.

It is, except after the profile pic is changed you can go in and manually make old ones private/friends only on a photo by photo basis. Then they would no longer be seen. Most people don't do this, however, unless they are really interested in locking their account down.

I haven't updated my profile pic in over a year either. If she was suffering from health problems during this time period, she may not have loved seeing current photos of herself and so just kept an old pic up.

ITA I’ve thought about starting a timeline for her but all we really know is the 911 call - everything else is speculation IMO wonder why? jmo
Exactly! We’ve been told (I think) that she was last heard from on May 9, but do we know if that was an actual conversation with someone or merely a text? It could become even more complicated if someone else is involved as in the KB case. Rest assured, LE have something substantial. We are not only struck by the direction this investigation has gone, but by all the things they have not done. If they really didn’t have a clue, and actually thought random abductor, they would have collected every piece of video available to them, and not merely told homeowners to hold onto it in case they need it. I don’t think they need it except to bolster their case once an arrest is made. They already know how this went down. They just need to nail their case for the DA. It’s always better if they have the body. It’s my sincere hope they find her soon so her family can lay her to rest. All, IMHO.

'He’s going out, driving up the road, and trying to remember any suspicious vehicles that he’s seen,'he added.

Well if she was abducted while he was away at training what suspicious vehicles would he be searching for if he wasn’t even around? That’s a strange thing to do imo. I would think if I saw a suspicious looking vehicle at any time I would recall it and wouldn’t need to drive up and down a road. Just like that guy in one of the earlier news videos did. He recalled right away that he thought a car looked out of place near the trail. Jmo
Welcome back!

We have a similar train if thought. I hope I did this reply and quote correctly. I apologize if it shows up wonky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knotty70