Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't figure this out, either. On an archaeology dig, we'd have had it covered. Even a news helicopter flying low could potentially make dust fly up and contaminate the site. Plus, they've gone to all that trouble with tent coverage, and then left it all open for prying eyes.
There must be some reason.....
We had similar views by the supplied by media's Hubble sized telephoto lensed cameras in the Gannon case. And the searchers were sifting by the road with cars going by in batches.
I think they cover what they can and work.

It's very interesting that LE specifically said they don't think there's a mountain lion involved. I would guess there are dogs trained for tracking lions - but I'd also think that many of the local lions are already tagged (maybe not though - it was spring). A youngish mountain lion isn't that much of a threat to most humans (I think it's two years until they're full grown? Anyone know?)

But I'd guess that there were no drag marks, no cat tracks, no cat scat. Or else LE has such good reason to suspect a human, that they wanted people to forget about hunting down lions for no reason.

It’s unfathomable because there’s a burn ban in effect in their county and someone would have immediately reported smoke. It’s wildfire country around there and fire risk is high right now.
The Fire Camp near the ongoing search/dig site..... BM is a volunteer fireman in that area......Would the Burn Ban have affected or been really noticed if someone used a burn pit area??? at that Fire Camp to destroy a body ?.....moo

can i post links from youtube of a couple of gals who drove the area around suzanne's house? to show what it looks like where they lived? it is even more remote than i imagined, and the surrounding roads are not even paved. i had no idea just how remote it was!
I live in the CO mountains about an hour north of SM. It is quite common to have unpaved roads in the mountains, even in populated areas. Especially once you get outside of city limits. And houses are typically spread out on some acreage...that's the appeal of mountain living. However, based on the photos and maps other posters have provided, the Morphew house appears to be visible from Hwy 50, which is a busy arterial road beween Salida/Buena Vista and Crested Butte (a tourist destination). It's also just 7 miles from the Hwy 50/Hwy 285 interchange. I wouldn't call it remote but, then, up here we have a different definition for "remote."

while personally this would never even be an option for me in my life - I would agree imo many people wouldn't move for an affair. Especially not if the individual is in another state... one might use it as "travel for work"
I certainly don't think I would move for an affair. However, I can see the move being new and exciting and meeting new and different people might cause someone to see things in a different light. MOO

I'm not putting my trust into a bike wreck. Not, when they are crime photographing the house and taking evidence bags out of the house.
Totally agree here. And if that had happened and they have found the bike, they would have come across her at some point as well IMHO.
They are visually documenting that home, preserving physical items, and searching the grounds of that home as well...just as they would a crime scene....because it may well be a crime scene.

Last edited:
It's very interesting that LE specifically said they don't think there's a mountain lion involved. I would guess there are dogs trained for tracking lions - but I'd also think that many of the local lions are already tagged (maybe not though - it was spring). A youngish mountain lion isn't that much of a threat to most humans (I think it's two years until they're full grown? Anyone know?)

But I'd guess that there were no drag marks, no cat tracks, no cat scat. Or else LE has such good reason to suspect a human, that they wanted people to forget about hunting down lions for no reason.
For a mountain lion attack there is no getting away from it leaving drag marks and a body nearby.

MOO at worst, a human running from a mountain lion and getting caught would still only be a only short distance away, plus MOO dogs are going to alert very clearly to such a huge event as a big cat attack and a death.

Exactly. If your house is valued at 1.5 million but you owe 1.3 million, you only have 200K in equity. Furthermore, if you have any other debt totaling more than 200K, you are broke.
The Todts lived a millionaires lifestyle. Turned out that they didn’t have enough to pay the electric bill. Turned out tragically.

I can't figure this out, either. On an archaeology dig, we'd have had it covered. Even a news helicopter flying low could potentially make dust fly up and contaminate the site. Plus, they've gone to all that trouble with tent coverage, and then left it all open for prying eyes.
That struck me as very weird as well. So they must want it seen.

For a mountain lion attack there is no getting away from it leaving drag marks and a body nearby.

MOO at worst, a human running from a mountain lion and getting caught would still only be a only short distance away, plus MOO dogs are going to alert very clearly to such a huge event as a big cat attack and a death.
Yep. Mountain lion attacks are extremely rare. They happen, but victims are usually children (lions prefer to go for smaller prey rather than full-sized adults). Granted, they've been known to chase mountain bikers...probably because the movement of the bike triggers the predator response. But mostly they are elusive and stay away from people.

I've been on plenty of digs where there was no cover (particularly in urban archaeology digs required by environmental impact statements - and those are public archaeologists who are working there).

I suppose since the early 2000's, it's become a bit more common, but you can watch all kinds of current archaeology videos where there's no cover. But in a small site with something know to be super delicate, I agree there might be cover (Arlington Springs Man took weeks to get out of their burial spot along with context, no cover there - it was a damp site but also very windy). It was sort of a ravine-cliff side spot. You can see a picture of it on Wikipedia. I think it really varies (and I don't think they were looking for unfired clay or anything like that).

Surely they used GDR in advance and found some artifact or deformity in the ground?

I think they were worried about drones seeing a body and upsetting the daughters, frankly.

BTW, anyone know if they are really out there again today? Regular radar on wunderground shows it raining.

Here's a dig (UK) similar to one I worked near Athens:

And I've been at a private dig in Colorado (professionals leading, but no public funding). No covering there either. It was, however, in the middle of a hot summer.

Exactly. If your house is valued at 1.5 million but you owe 1.3 million, you only have 200K in equity. Furthermore, if you have any other debt totaling more than 200K, you are broke.

Wow, those would be some big payments for a single income household (I do not believe Suzanne was working) who does dirtwork for minor construction sites. However, I think that Suzanne's real estate records show that they put way more down than 200,000K.

Aside from possible financial stress, I don't think their house price is all that relevant, or I'd look more into it. I know others have been really into it - especially on the first two threads.

Didn’t I read somewhere that she didn’t take her phone biking, which led me to believe her phone was left at home ... I know I asked the question, why wasn’t she wearing Apple Watch or FitBit? I thought all runners and bikers wore tracking devices, rather than taking their phone with them, for both safety and monitoring workouts, HR etc.
Speaking of "Biking"-- has it been verified that she did indeed go for a bike ride ?
I know SM keeps saying that and I think at first, we all thought the neighbor lady saw her leave on her bike, but then we found out through SM that it was her DAUGHTERS who called the neighbor for a welfare check on their mom.
SO, Has it been verified she was last seen ON HER BIKE, out on a bike ride ??
And if Not, when was the last time she was actually seen ?
Do we know??
And If it hasn't been proven that she was actually seen on her bike, WHO stated that she was and why ???
A way to manipulate or push the search in one direction ??
If girls couldn't reach her, and maybe called their dad who said, "oh, she was going on a bike ride" to which the girls mentioned to the neighbor when they called for the welfare check, to which the neighbor the mentioned to LE when called in the missing person report. Then BM laid that theory out and went from there.
Or the Neighbor just assumed Suzanne had been on bike ride but did NOT see her but Media took off with it.
This is just something that really bugs me, in case you can't tell LOL
JMO

Speaking of "Biking"-- has it been verified that she did indeed go for a bike ride ?
I know SM keeps saying that and I think at first, we all thought the neighbor lady saw her leave on her bike, but then we found out through SM that it was her DAUGHTERS who called the neighbor for a welfare check on their mom.
SO, Has it been verified she was last seen ON HER BIKE, out on a bike ride ??
And if Not, when was the last time she was actually seen ?
Do we know??
And If it hasn't been proven that she was actually seen on her bike, WHO stated that she was and why ???
A way to manipulate or push the search in one direction ??
If girls couldn't reach her, and maybe called their dad who said, "oh, she was going on a bike ride" to which the girls mentioned to the neighbor when they called for the welfare check, to which the neighbor the mentioned to LE when called in the missing person report. Then BM laid that theory out and went from there.
Or the Neighbor just assumed Suzanne had been on bike ride but did NOT see her but Media took off with it.
This is just something that really bugs me, in case you can't tell LOL
JMO
That's the question of the hour. No, it has not been verified that she ever took a bike ride. No confirmation where that report originated. All that has been reported is that a neighbor called authorities to alert them that Suzanne reportedly didn't return from a bike ride. Anything beyond that is all our speculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy