Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO Tate123, but I think a new construction site is as good a place as any if one thinks that a body buried under concrete will not be found because the building will surely outlive the person who put it there. (i.e. a couple of weeks of sweating until the home is finished and no sweat for the next 30 to 40 years)
I have to agree there, gross as it is. Anybody seen Jimmy Hoffa lately? Supposedly he is in a concrete freeway.

Does anyone know (of course you do) how long it takes for DNA results to come back? Tia. Moo

In Salida? During CoVid? No idea. But on a good day, the Medical Examiner's lab where I live can have first results within 12 hours - no more than 3 days if the situation is complex.

I would think they'd have to send the samples to CoS or Denver. Maybe the FBI can do it more quickly (very likely). But I wouldn't think that would be the first step regarding the dig site. For the house, yes. Or if they have a piece of bone or other tissue.

It can be done within hours, if the system allows it.

I heat my house with a wood burning fireplace insert that is the same set-up as theirs and I am pretty sure that you aren't going to be burning a human body in it. Just the dimensions of the stove itself makes it pretty unlikely not to mention you would need a really really hot fire to perform such a feat. Not totally impossible but not an easy task.

But also, being a firefighter, he would have extensive knowledge about that sort of thing. I’m not saying this is what happened for sure, but their fireplace does look pretty large to me.

Last edited:
So they did not find her? I wish the sheriff would focus on a suspect other than the husband. I'm back to thinking he's innocent. They need to look for someone else, the sooner the better. JMO

Obviously no other evidence has pointed the investigators to another suspect or they would have done that already. They would not be searching and sifting where they are and wasting all this time if evidence had not led them there. This is painstaking work.

In Salida? During CoVid? No idea. But on a good day, the Medical Examiner's lab where I live can have first results within 12 hours - no more than 3 days if the situation is complex.

I would think they'd have to send the samples to CoS or Denver. Maybe the FBI can do it more quickly (very likely). But I wouldn't think that would be the first step regarding the dig site. For the house, yes. Or if they have a piece of bone or other tissue.

It can be done within hours, if the system allows it.

CBI Lab is in Lakewood, essentially in Denver. A quick drive or private plane flight to Denver, overnight turnaround and they'd likely have it in less than 24 hours.

So where is the woods chipper with human DNA? Is there hiding places for that in. the area?

We have a wood chipper that fits in a regular size shed. My brilliant idea for making our own mulch not realizing how many branches and trees you’d need to make a decent amount of mulch - let’s not talk about it. But that said, I don’t know how you’d clean it. They have big gas engines attached. I guess you’d take it all apart but it would take a long time?

If Barry really did do this, all I have to say is he is truly a sick individual. Besides the whole murder part of it, knowing those girls would be the one to realize their mom was missing, them calling and her not answering all day, and on Mother’s Day. Just absolutely sickening. I am so sad for the girls. :(

I completely agree with what you're saying and, if he is responsible, the death sentence is not good enough for him. However, on the flip side, if he wasn't involved in her death - and we don't know for sure; heck, we don't even know if she is dead - then all of the terrible rumors, FB posts, and hurtful things people have put out on social media are just as mean and harmful to her daughters. I can't even imagine what they're going through. I've even read comments suggesting the girls are responsible. And the attacks on Barry's elderly mother are beyond terrible.

With a landscaping business in the Rockies you bet they have access to a large wood chipper . If that’s what LE suspected, I imagine they could easily obtain DNA evidence from said equipment.
So I am way behind trying to catch up...but they were also searching the family residence and have outdoor areas taped off. He could have done something like that at the residence...and then disposed of whatever he had or was left at the other site.

One thing for sure...there are digging up areas connected to him. He is the common denominator. They must have other information about him we just don't know for sure.

Something I can't stop thinking about...part of me really hopes they do not find her at this construction site under that concrete. Because if they do there really is no doubt he did this....and how will that kind of revelation impact the two daughters. That's just so wrong and so sad.

Does anyone know (of course you do) how long it takes for DNA results to come back? Tia. Moo

I would think they'd have to send the samples to CoS or Denver. Maybe the FBI can do it more quickly (very likely).

But I wouldn't think that would be the first step regarding the dig site. For the house, yes. Or if they have a piece of bone or tissue.

Well, we can assume she wasn't abducted for ransom since he said he would pay and nobody took him up on the offer.

jmo
Well and it's easy to offer up a ton of money, when you KNOW no one has a chance of getting it. Because you know no one out there has her....because you know exactly where she is and how she got there....cuz you are the one who put her there.
JMHO

Last edited:
I completely agree with what you're saying and, if he is responsible, the death sentence is not good enough for him. However, on the flip side, if he wasn't involved in her death - and we don't know for sure; heck, we don't even know if she is dead - then all of the terrible rumors, FB posts, and hurtful things people have put out on social media are just as mean and harmful to her daughters. I can't even imagine what they're going through. I've even read comments suggesting the girls are responsible. And the attacks on Barry's elderly mother are beyond terrible.
Just my opinion but I don't think there's any way that LE would go to the lengths they are to find SM if they didn't have some reason to think she met with foul play. I have absolutely no idea what their reasons are, but I'd bet dimes to donuts they know something (many things) we don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please provide a link to where Fire Chief Bertram said that BLM worked on Mother's Day? I want to stay as up to date on facts as possible. I only recall that the chief stated that he couldn't verify that BLM was at a training session in Denver on that day.

Also, has it been verified that the only communication between SM and someone else was by text? Thanks in advance.

I found the link myself and:

“Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own. The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10."

‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt