Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Kelsey’s case, we weren’t sure what to think at first. Her mom indicated that Kelsey and Patrick had a great, loving relationship. It was only during the trial that we learned Kelsey’s mom put up a good front because 1) she was petrified of losing her granddaughter too; and 2) LE had asked her to not talk about that relationship.

So we were left scratching our heads at stuff that didn’t appear to add up. That’s how I’m feeling with Suzanne.

That is very interesting....another angle I would never have thought of. Glad I asked. Thanks!

Wasn't around WBS for the Kelsey case, curious...was Patrick a named POI from the get go...How about Chris Watts?
I didn't follow the KB case but Watts was a special kind of stupid, and I think almost everyone here knew he was lying as soon as he opened his mouth.
"Liar" just seemed to ooze off of him.
But I don't remember if he was ever actually named a POI.
We don't see a lot of that anymore.

IMO LE is trying the best they can to NOT insinuate that BM is their suspect. Their actions, (much like in the Gannon Stauch case) show that they've taken a certain direction but they're very apprehensive to tell us that, and they won't any time soon imo. This, to me, shows a level of responsibility and has me believing that there must be reasons for what they're doing and where they're going with this.
@kay74 I've been reading your comments here since the beginning and I bet this whole forum is driving you a bit mad. I have definitely been on forums where I feel like I'm the minority, where my gut is telling me this is not the right direction. I'm sorry you're feeling this way, and I hope LE can come out and make some comments about checking in other directions to put minds at ease that they're working on NOT being biased, just following evidence.
MOO

hey folks- as @sillybilly and other mods have pointed out- lets please use initials out of respect!

Last edited:
You don’t know that anything wasn’t followed up on and what the results were. You don’t know that Barry was focused on. You only know that there was a very public search at a location where Barry happened to have done some work around the time of his wife’s disappearance. Many other people also worked on this location; any of whom may be suspect for one reason or another.
LE is not required to report to you any of the steps they are taking in an investigation.
^^^^^^^
THIS. I’ve thought this, myself.
@kay74 We live in a world where it is FACT that most murders are committed by someone known to the victim. This isn’t “picking” on poor BM, it’s procedure. BM could have encouraged or agreed to every move that has been made by Sheriff, we don’t know.
The people who are making you mad are US, not the Sheriff. Many of us are speculating based on what we know and have learned from other cases ... It just happens that a lot of us think BM did something that caused SM’s disappearance. We don’t mean to make you upset or angry, we are simply sleuthing.

In Kelsey’s case, we weren’t sure what to think at first. Her mom indicated that Kelsey and Patrick had a great, loving relationship. It was only during the trial that we learned Kelsey’s mom put up a good front because 1) she was petrified of losing her granddaughter too; and 2) LE had asked her to not talk about that relationship.

So we were left scratching our heads at stuff that didn’t appear to add up. That’s how I’m feeling with Suzanne.
This post ^^^^^^

Um Nothing happening! I believe Barry is innocent and they are a wonderful family. I think someone grabbed her. That's my theory. If its not popular so be it. It's not always the husband.
There is nothing wrong with your theory. I wanted to believe that too. But I guess I have read on WS for so long, and I always think LE are looking at the wrong man/woman and I never get it right. :eek:

After accepting all the rumors as fact, I’m hoping you are correct. I hope the daughters don’t lose their dad also.

Something though had to point LE toward BM’s last work site. Maybe a tip?

There is nothing wrong with your theory. I wanted to believe that too. But I guess I have read on WS for so long, and I always think LE are looking at the wrong man/woman and I never get it right. :eek:

After accepting all the rumors as fact, I’m hoping you are correct. I hope the daughters don’t lose their dad also.

Something though had to point LE toward BM’s last work site. Maybe a tip?
I think a tip led LE to the site but not necessarily to BM.

Do you think enough time has passed that LE has completely reviewed those closest to Suzanne’s digital footprints? I feel like so much information can be obtained from that, and we would be completely unaware of exactly what they had found. We aren’t talking just about a bike ride or no bike ride. If someone’s phone was known to be in a certain location, perhaps near where a “personal item” was f0und, that would be something to question. Digital tracking can certainly help in a timeframe. I’m confident LE has at least a person of interest. And it would not shock me if it were someone other than BM. I am keeping an open mind until more information is known.

IMO LE is trying the best they can to NOT insinuate that BM is their suspect. Their actions, (much like in the Gannon Stauch case) show that they've taken a certain direction but they're very apprehensive to tell us that, and they won't any time soon imo. This, to me, shows a level of responsibility and has me believing that there must be reasons for what they're doing and where they're going with this.
@kay74 I've been reading your comments here since the beginning and I bet this whole forum is driving you a bit mad. I have definitely been on forums where I feel like I'm the minority, where my gut is telling me this is not the right direction. I'm sorry you're feeling this way, and I hope LE can come out and make some comments about checking in other directions to put minds at ease that they're working on NOT being biased, just following evidence.
MOO
I disagree about LE a bit. I think they are doing everything they can to insinuate he IS guilty. But are not allowed yet to charge him.

You don’t know that anything wasn’t followed up on and what the results were. You don’t know that Barry was focused on. You only know that there was a very public search at a location where Barry happened to have done some work around the time of his wife’s disappearance. Many other people also worked on this location; any of whom may be suspect for one reason or another.
LE is not required to report to you any of the steps they are taking in an investigation.
Good points.
Thanks for 'just the facts'.
LE are not obligated to tell the public anything.
I think their silence is speaking volumes, though !

Um Nothing happening! I believe Barry is innocent and they are a wonderful family. I think someone grabbed her. That's my theory. If its not popular so be it. It's not always the husband.
It’s not always the husband but statistics don’t lie. I don’t know BM and can only go by photos and his video. I’m most sure if you know more about them but I can’t really tell if they are a wonderful family by looking at photos. Many of their pics are posed and of course you are going to post happy photos. No one really knows what is going on behind closed doors. Most people put on a happy front and make their lives look like they have it all and then you learn they hate each other. Not saying this is the case here but we just don’t know. Even close friends of them don’t know everything. I hope he’s not guilty but time will tell.

I'm genuinely curious as to why you seem to believe the CCSO is not following up on leads.
Are there leads that have no connection to BM that you think they should have followed up on?
I'm just a little confused as to what leads you seem to think are being neglected.
Maybe the rest of us are missing something??
We don't hear anything about anyone else being investigated, except BARRY, his house, his work.

I didn't realize that the second $100k reward that made the total reward $200k, was put up by a family friend. That said, I wonder if the family friend's $100k is tied to a contingency, like contingent upon her "safe return"
snipped:
"Morphew’s husband posted a reward of $100,000 for information. That was doubled by a family friend, to $200,000."

Search For Suzanne Morphew: Sheriff Says Search Warrant Is Sealed

The terms for the entire reward at $200,000 are for the safe return of SM.

97828875_113154270396575_2360685064364228608_o.jpg

We only know about the LE searches the media reports on. They can be searching 100 different private areas but if someone in the media or a nosy nelly on social media doesn’t pick up on it, we don’t know about it. Obviously the media picked up on this recent search because of the big police presence and equipment, but that doesn’t meant LE hasn’t done even more important searches that we don’t know about.
And media was actually slow about reporting it, because I think they actually started on Thursday. I think they must have all sitting down on 50/240 waiting on BM to come out ...
It was first reported by Colorado Herald that there was a search going on down 240 and for all we know, there may have been ... or that shrewd Sheriff might have intentionally distracted them so his team could get started investigating at the home on 105 ...
As someone said, this isn’t his first rodeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487