Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My screen links to Observer33 above...
Respectfully, I am not arguing that the the statistics are not valid, nor that LE has not already ruled out anything that I might speculate. I am merely playing Devils Advocates Yes there are statistics for random stranger abduction, rare.
If you review my earlier posts, you might have read, “I have the freedom of pursuing the wild goose chase theory, what ifs , w/o the tremendous professional and personal pressure LE is under”
If I make a stupid suggestion here it is not going to harm the investigation.
You missed my point on the statistics... to pursue my wild speculation, requires that I throw out the statistics...I did not suggest that LE do that.
Snipped
Just wanted to say that while I agree that the person under scrutiny whom we can't sleuth is most likely guilty, IMO, there are those rarer cases of stranger abduction, and even cases of abduction while riding a bike in a rural area. Therefore, I also agree that it is not unreasonable to consider and share ideas about other possibilities.
The case of Sierah Joughin, who was murdered by James Worley after she was abducted while riding home on her bike in rural Ohio, is the one I followed most closely. (Of course, she has a WS thread.) She had been riding with her boyfriend not long before she was reported missing, so he was under suspicion in the beginning. However, he had absolutely no involvement, and LE was able to identify and arrest the killer, who was tried and convicted. MOO
James Worley found guilty for Sierah Joughin murder
WAUSEON — With the pronouncement of 17 guilty verdicts Tuesday, family members of a Metamora woman who was snatched from her bicycle and asphyxiated by James Worley, cried, and hugged, and exhaled.

Calling the neighbor and asking them to call 911 for a welfare check makes so much sense.
It really doesn’t. Finding the number for the non-emergency line and calling for the welfare check makes the most sense, since it wasn’t technically an emergency at that time. And Barry being the one making that call is the person who makes the most sense to be doing it. But some people like others to do the call for them...

It really doesn’t. Finding the number for the non-emergency line and calling for the welfare check makes the most sense, since it wasn’t technically an emergency at that time. And Barry being the one making that call is the person who makes the most sense to be doing it. But some people like others to do the call for them...
I agree. If this was a child, disabled, or elderly person I may be more inclined to understand. Im not far from SM age and if my kids called 911 after a couple hours of me not answering, I would be livid. UNLESS, they had reason to be worried. And it still begs the question as to what promted LE to jump on it so fast? In my state they wait 24 hours until they begin investigating. UNLESS they have reason to be worried.

This case is not affected by what people on Websleuths or Facebook say . Also, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. It's disrespectful to imply that LE is clueless simply because they're not sharing everything with us after only three weeks. This is how most cases work.
IMO LE is not asking for the public’s help in locating SM because they know what happened to her. They are searching for evidence and simply doing their job. They are not required to share everything with the public.

If they did not know what happened or thought she had been abducted or lost, they would be providing a description and asking for help from the public.

I feel that early on in this case LE knew which direction it was going. MOO

I do feel LE at least have an inclination that this is more than a missing person case just by their actions up to now. I feel there is someone they dont want tipped off, but cant (or dont want to) call a suspect just yet. Most missing person cases Ive followed want all the help they can get locating the person and hopefully getting them out of danger. They especially dont exclude an entire team who typically helps with such searches. I do not believe at all this case is becoming cold, just being handled smartly. I hope Im right because I dont care for my opposing thought on this. I need to read the rules because there are things I would like to talk about that I have forgotten if I can or not. Ive been in time out accidentally once and hated it!

I’ve thought about going back and watching the presser Which Patrick frazee was not at - wondering what LE said (and what they had for evidence at that time) While we wait for Any information - I believe they found Something at the house....And it’s criminal
JMO
Colorado woman missing after leaving for bike ride on Mother’s Day - Independente Eagle

May 13, 2020

She [Suzanne Morphew] remains missing as of early Wednesday, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze told The Post.

Spezze declined to comment on whether Morphew’s husband is cooperating with authorities in the search for the woman or whether investigators believe there’s foul play involved.

This is an open criminal investigation,” Spezze said during a brief interview.

JMO, speculation, what if they knew her habits, and grabbed both the bike and SM. This scenario works for BM as well as stalker. They may have planned to stage bike.
Based on another post 2,000 ft from home, think 2,000 sq ft house. Not far at all. It would have to be a significant item. Phone, keys, etc. Aren’t we supposed to toss our keys before being forced into our car? Instinct by SM? Anything else of lesser value could have been dropped on a short walk around property. Or, SM could have tried to leave some crumbs. This is all extremely unlikely, also extremely hard to solve.... not all predators are stupid.
JMOBike staging from early news stories to move crime scene...

I try hard to keep an open mind, but I/we can make lots of things fit if we focus too tightly.I have never attended any law enforcement courses, but feel certain that is in the 101 basic course...
I am confidant in the LE process, LE is handling this case w/ skill...any speculation on my part is just that.
I also think this is only area left for us to work w/.

BBM

2000 ft is about 666 yards. 100 yards in a football field. So, about the distance of 6.6 football fields away.

Someone please check my math. It’s early here.

Wow! I'm off here for less than a week and find that I have missed about 3 threads. Too much to go back over. I still find it baffling that LE hasn't made a public appeal to other bikers in that area. Of course, it may simply be that LE is going to the bike shops and meeting places for organized rides to speak to them. I'm still not getting a solid vibe that LE even believes she was actually out on a ride or even when she was actually last seen. I know LE has asked residents to retain video camera footage, but they put that notice out too late for cyclists that might have a GoPro or Cycliq camera to save their footage. (My Cycliq footage is gone after 2-3 days if I ride every day as the unit just writes over the oldest videos.) I don't see a home surveillance camera being of much use here as I looked at the Colorado Trail on Google Maps, both north and south, and I see almost no residences for miles. Of course, that assumes she used that trail most of the time and there are other short trails in the area. I haven't been on the facebook sites for her, the local trail club and bike shops in the last week to 10 days so I don't know what the chatter is there. The last time I checked the trail club FB page and those of the bike shops there was almost nothing. When we have someone in this involved in bike accident it is usually talked about quite a bit on at least one FB group. But almost nothing here and that makes me wonder if LE has even reached out to the cycling community.

Especially if you have a bunch of volunteer firefighter colleagues and friends you could call directly if needed....

Calling the neighbor and asking them to call 911 for a welfare check makes so much sense.

Do we know that the daughters asked the neighbor to call 911? What would make sense is if the neighbor called 911 of her own initiative, having been asked by the daughters to check up on their mom. This situation suggests to me that the neighbor found something odd at the house.

LE direction is influenced by evidence, and you couldn’t ask for better resources here (CBI and FBI).

We’ve become all too familiar with them in recent months, and the past couple years (Watts, Berreth, Stauch).

What have we learned? Silence is a good thing. I don’t understand that people don’t understand, that murder cases aren’t solved in days or weeks.

They can take many months, and no, that doesn’t mean a case has gone “cold.”

When Suzanne is found, I’m sure an arrest will follow. If she isn’t found, then we could be here a while.

But what matters most is that we WILL be here. And wherever else we can be to keep the calls for justice for the victims loud, clear, and continuous. MOO.

Do we know that the daughters asked the neighbor to call 911? What would make sense is if the neighbor called 911 of her own initiative, having been asked by the daughters to check up on their mom. This situation suggests to me that the neighbor found something odd at the house.
Yes we do know it was initiated by the daughters.

Wow! I'm off here for less than a week and find that I have missed about 3 threads. Too much to go back over. I still find it baffling that LE hasn't made a public appeal to other bikers in that area. Of course, it may simply be that LE is going to the bike shops and meeting places for organized rides to speak to them. I'm still not getting a solid vibe that LE even believes she was actually out on a ride or even when she was actually last seen. I know LE has asked residents to retain video camera footage, but they put that notice out too late for cyclists that might have a GoPro or Cycliq camera to save their footage. (My Cycliq footage is gone after 2-3 days if I ride every day as the unit just writes over the oldest videos.) I don't see a home surveillance camera being of much use here as I looked at the Colorado Trail on Google Maps, both north and south, and I see almost no residences for miles. Of course, that assumes she used that trail most of the time and there are other short trails in the area. I haven't been on the facebook sites for her, the local trail club and bike shops in the last week to 10 days so I don't know what the chatter is there. The last time I checked the trail club FB page and those of the bike shops there was almost nothing. When we have someone in this involved in bike accident it is usually talked about quite a bit on at least one FB group. But almost nothing here and that makes me wonder if LE has even reached out to the cycling community.

The fact that LE have not appealed to any cyclists or walkers in the area speaks volumes.
They do not believe Suzanne took a bike ride.

This case has gone completely south in my opinion, and is heading toward the cold case file. I have never seen another case in which public opinion, and apparently LE direction, is completely formed by numerous persons who have no first hand knowledge of anything or anyone in this case serving as "insiders" and "experts" to publishers and pundits that never heard of Monarch Pass, Colorado until May 11, 2020. IMO

Ah, but from my limited experience and MOO, when LE is very, very quiet, it’s a lot like when toddlers are very, very quiet: they’re doing something significant that they don’t think the rest of us need to know just now. I worry more when they have to come to the public as that means they need help on some aspect and can’t solve it alone YET. MOO. Also in MOO, while lots of brainstorming goes on here by people who may not have ever stepped in Colorado, the purpose of brainstorming is to help foster new avenues of thought that then may lead someone like LE closer to solving the case. WSers can do things that LE hasn’t the resources for and we have some extremely experienced WS veterans here. We don’t know all there is to know but we’ve seen before how something mentioned in WS then—coincidentally or not—is followed up on by LE. Maybe we had the idea in parallel. Or not. With WS rules, our goal is to do what we can to help and I am very sure that we do in various ways at various times. All MOO, and I’m not arguing with you; authentic differing opinions are extremely valuable and the longer one follows cases here, the easier it gets to spot those who, unlike you, of course, are here to try to distract or espouse patently illogical reasons why a person named as a suspect or arrested—again, not what we have here—is absolutely, positively innocent and should not be looked at twice regardless of any evidence. So, anyway, I believe hope is warranted here—MOO, of course.

Snipped
Just wanted to say that while I agree that the person under scrutiny whom we can't sleuth is most likely guilty, IMO, there are those rarer cases of stranger abduction, and even cases of abduction while riding a bike in a rural area. Therefore, I also agree that it is not unreasonable to consider and share ideas about other possibilities.
The case of Sierah Joughin, who was murdered by James Worley after she was abducted while riding home on her bike in rural Ohio, is the one I followed most closely. (Of course, she has a WS thread.) She had been riding with her boyfriend not long before she was reported missing, so he was under suspicion in the beginning. However, he had absolutely no involvement, and LE was able to identify and arrest the killer, who was tried and convicted. MOO
James Worley found guilty for Sierah Joughin murder
WAUSEON — With the pronouncement of 17 guilty verdicts Tuesday, family members of a Metamora woman who was snatched from her bicycle and asphyxiated by James Worley, cried, and hugged, and exhaled.
back for a quick check, Thank you, some may think I am impatient w/ LE, etc ... I simply didn’t won’t to keep idle while we waited for updates. I will look back on that case, it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem