Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your partner was missing and LE said about you “ is cooperating and we hope he continues to do so” how would you take that, did he sense he was changing or was it a veiled threat, hidden message.
I thought it quite a strange statement.
Yeah, if he wasn’t trying to throw shade, he could have answered “yes, he is being cooperative.”

That’s it. Nothing else has to be said. I can’t imagine that wasn’t intentional.

Agreed. LE doesn’t seem to be treating it as a missing person, either. That’s the point. If the perp were a stranger, details about her missing gear would be useful. But it seems that, at least to LE, those details are not important. While the family is promoting the idea of bike ride/abduction, they also are not publishing details of her missing gear. So do any of them actually believe the bike ride story? Makes me wonder.

MOO

You bring up a good point that hasn't actually been beaten to death (I'm pretty expert at wringing the last drop out of topics, btw)

So...if no one knows for sure what happened to Suzanne, and neither LE nor family think she was actually on a bike ride (for whatever reason), then I do think it would be hard to know what she was wearing. If there is any doubt. about clothing, perhaps better not to say anything.

But then we have a MP with virtually no clues about what to look for.

Has there ever been a "no body" case with no physical evidence and a "wild goose chase" search? What if the perp thought all of this out - disposed of body so that it will never be found, and left no physical evidence - and then "acted guilty," by doing things like working with dirt and cement at the time the victim disappeared? Can you imagine what a defense attorney would do with that?
Yingying Zhang. There is a thread on her here.
She was a Chinese scholar studying at U of I. She was kidnapped and killed. Her body was never found. So sad.

Indeed. That statement IMO tells us that LE had a very good idea of what they were dealing with very early on. And I strongly believe it was no accident that they added "... and we hope he continues to do so" to their statement, and that was a message for BM, specifically.

Possible he lawyered-up, and they weren’t thrilled about it.

I've not seen the 5/25/20 Crimeonline article referenced but I think the implication was not that they were taking a holiday off but that the 3-day search on the private property was concluded (Sunday, May 24), and they were also about to release the house back to the family which I think happened either Monday or Tuesday. MOO

bbm

In case you want to read the article: ‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

Of course they weren't taking a holiday. It was a lame attempt at humor.
smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes-and-hand-covering-mouth_1f92d.png

The statement wasn't about any property search or releasing the house. "The Chaffee County Sheriff’s office said on Sunday that investigators would not be doing a physical search for Suzanne Morphew on Monday, but investigators are still asking for tips."

Last edited:
If I were the spouse and LE stated that they “hoped I continued” to cooperate, I would probably have a lot to say. Like why are they worrying about me when my wife is still out there missing. If I want to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, he sure isn’t helping. Unless it’s a kidnaping.

The Daily Mail's hallmark is having lots of photos with all of their stories. I assume most of their photos are purchased.

On their website they advertise "We will Pay" for photos and video's. I take this as an appeal for professional photos as well as amateurs. They have also been known to pay for interviews and/or exclusives.

Your thoughts on SM having an unstable admirer or stalker are interesting.

I would also add to that thought, that BM might have had an unstable admirer and SM was in the way.

After eight threads, I am getting dizzy from going around in circles.
I know. We're spinning our wheels in quick sand it seems.

This could take a month or two before we hear anything more. I do believe they have their sights on the right person.

Do we know how long the girls were at camp? Was it a weekend camp or perhaps it was a week long wilderness type of camp?

Maybe it was the type of camp with no cell coverage. Maybe the girls were gone a week and BM had a whole week to put his plan in motion.

Perhaps SM had already been missing for days before any one even knew. She could have been missing for days before Mother's Day and the girls called.

Is this possible?
There has been no information on how long the girls were gone, only that they were on a camping trip (I believe it was Idaho), and that they were returning from the trip when they made the phone call to the neighbor. Going out of state, it would be reasonable to guess they were gone for at least several days.

I can't find where LE actually confirmed SM's bike was found. IIRC, LE did mention an item that they'd found during the road search and that it wasn't the bike. Ergo.... they haven't confirmed that a bike or biking is a feature of this case. Feel free to correct me if you interpret the Sheriff a different way.
The only stuff we "know" about a bike or biking in this case is hearsay.

I do not disagree at all. From the beginning, the only time LE mentions "bike" is when they say "reportedly on a bike ride" (May 11 CCSO press release). They do not say the bike was found, much less by whom.

The bike has all be disappeared from Sheriff's pressers since then, except to say they found a personal item that wasn't a bike (which still doesn't imply that anyone found a bike - who did find the bike???)

It's my understanding that the elderly neighbor called 911 after "checking" on Suzanne's whereabouts somehow - but how? If someone told the neighbor that Suzanne was supposed to have gone on a bike ride, then it's likely the daughters, as it's been reported in MSM that the daughters somehow alerted the neighbor by phone or text. I guess.

It was the nephew, actually, who first pushed the bike to the fore (presumably after speaking with his relative, BLM?) It was supposed to have its brakes "jacked up" or something. Absolutely no confirmation of that by LE.

Instead, we have the Fire Chief (who has seen BLM since Suzanne went missing) saying that the bike was in a ravine, whereas nephew said it was "on a bridge" or something like that. Neither of these people (Chief or nephew) was actually there.

They are most likely getting their info from BLM. I believe the Indiana church email came from BLM as well.

Indeed. That statement IMO tells us that LE had a very good idea of what they were dealing with very early on. And I strongly believe it was no accident that they added "... and we hope he continues to do so" to their statement, and that was a message for BM, specifically.
BBM
Not just a message, but a public dare.

If LE thought the bike placement was staged, could they have used tracking dogs in reverse? That is, give them something of BM's and see if the dogs note it there and can follow it in essence backwards? So instead of searching for Suzanne, tracking a potential POI being involved? Does this even make sense?

Part of the answer would be the spot where the bike was found (if in fact the bike has been found). Bike tire prints, Suzanne's foot prints, actors foot prints, drag marks and tire prints. If that was all found and documented, if I were the actor, I would be very worried. Vehicle tire prints, bike tire prints and foot prints have something in common, "accidental indicators" that can tie the prints directly to a particular person, bike or vehicle as accurately as finger prints or DNA. These have been the downfall of many an actor who thought they were slick and had pulled off the perfect crime.

Good points - and the grid search being organized where it was does indicate that LE had enough information to warrant such a search, with what they considered a viable starting point. I believe there were two kinds of dogs.

But what if...the footprints and the dogs' behavior tell a different story? That would be huge and may have been discovered on the 10th. I sure do wonder where BLM was on the 10th. It seems unlikely he'd be landscaping at those people's house on Mother's Day (which is what the Fire Chief thought, since the Fire Chief knew he wasn't at any training, which is somehow what got into MSM via family).

Something is very fishy about BLM's inability to pinpoint his whereabouts OR to mention his own actions regarding the last time he saw his wife and what kinds of things he's tried, in order to find her (aside from a 27 second youtube).

If LE thought the bike placement was staged, could they have used tracking dogs in reverse? That is, give them something of BM's and see if the dogs note it there and can follow it in essence backwards? So instead of searching for Suzanne, tracking a potential POI being involved? Does this even make sense?
DBM

Has there ever been a "no body" case with no physical evidence and a "wild goose chase" search? What if the perp thought all of this out - disposed of body so that it will never be found, and left no physical evidence - and then "acted guilty," by doing things like working with dirt and cement at the time the victim disappeared? Can you imagine what a defense attorney would do with that?

There would not be a case if there was no body AND no evidence. Many people are missing, presumed murdered, and no case has ever been brought against a suspect due to lack of evidence.

I haven’t seen anything in this case that indicates a wild goose chase of any kind. LE searched the area near the family home and the trails, then the family home (obviously they were able to obtain a warrant for such a search, so we must presume they have probable cause of some kind), and they conducted other searches based on tips or leads in the case. We do not have any idea what evidence LE may have at this point. They could very well have a mountain of evidence. They could have very little. Until an arrest is made or more information is revealed by LE, we likely won’t hear much more. That doesn’t mean they have nothing. It means they are good at keeping a lid on things.
IMO MOO JMO

“Protecting beautiful young girls who have suddenly become world famous (and motherless?) sounds like a sensible move IMO.” (Melrose)

But strange that neither teenager lived at home with parents ... I don’t get the impression that BM is the “protective” sort, not my definition of it anyway. I agree though that the girls need to be protected, without question.
I’d think it’s related to CoVid and quarantining. Two young women who may have wanted to have some ability to come and go and/ or not stay in that remote home with a medically fragile mom. JMO

I remember when all this was beginning, Gov Cuomo, I think it was, stated we all should pick where we want to be isolating and also with whom.

Lauren Scharf
33 minutes ago

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office told me today that they are following up on the 400 tips received. As for targeted searched there hasn't been any (this entire week) that they are informing me about. I have reached out to family members on Suzanne's side and they tell me that they've been told not to comment. I will continue to ask questions to Law Enforcement and search for the truth.

(Lauren’s post ^is in the comments at the link)
Lauren Scharf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member