Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being that the day she supposedly went missing was Mother's Day, I'd be curious to hear if she had contact with her children or if they attempted in any way to contact her.

This could be what alerted them also. Maybe they couldn't reach her and a neighbor was asked to check on her and the car is there, but the bike is gone. Maybe the assuming that is the day she went missing is because the last time anyone talked to her was the day before?

Thanks for sharing the newsletter. I was thinking accident initially, but now I'm worried about the potential for an abduction.

Maysville’s Suzanne Morphew, 49, is missing. The Chaffee County Communications Center received a call about a missing female at 5:46 p.m. on Sunday. Sheriff John Spezze said that’s the day they think she went missing.

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of C.R. 225 and U.S. 50 in Maysville and contacted the reporting party who told them Morphew had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.

Maysville woman missing

Missing Persons Planet@Home4theMissing
49-year-old Suzanne Morphew of Maysville, Colorado was reported missing on Sunday @ 5:45PM after she failed to return home from a bike ride near County Road 225 & U. S. 50; she was reported missing by her neighbor because her husband is in Denver on business.

This is pure conjecture on my part, but wondering if husband was out of town and could not get a hold of Suzanne? He called a neighbor to go check on her, when they found she wasn't home husband asked them to report her missing?

Maybe her car was home, but not her bike. Or the neighbor actually saw Suzanne on her bike, maybe even Sunday morning or earlier in the day? Calling at 5:45 PM unless there was a specific reason to be alarmed doesn't really make sense. It's not dark at that time.

Sunday was Mother's Day, they have two daughters. Maybe Suzanne was supposed to meet them for a celebration and didn't show up. Wish we had more details.
It could be that when husband is away, she checks in with her neighbor and tells her the intended route and approximation of her return time ? I know when I am home alone and I go out walking, jogging or cycling alone, I always tell someone that I am going out and roughly where I will go and inform them that if I’m not back by X time or they don’t hear from me via phone call then there’s a problem and they need to be concerned.

If someone is only suspected to be missing due to an accident, and there is nothing pointing to something nefarious. Is it normal for the Sheriff not to release any details and say no comment? Couple that with the $100k reward offered for her "safe return-no questions asked". Are we looking at a potential abduction?

Beautiful family. She appears to be very physically fit and an experienced biker so she was probably aware of her limitations. I find it odd that she seems to have vanished without a trace. A hit and run would have left some evidence on the road. An abduction would mean someone took her AND the bike. Thinking of her family.

Lauren Scharf
8 min ago

KEEP SHARING: A family friend has told our sister station FOX31 KDVR.com in Denver that there is a $100,000 reward for Suzanne Morphew. The search continued today with dogs and the Chaffee County Sheriff says no volunteers needed.

Lauren Scharf

If someone is only suspected to be missing due to an accident, and there is nothing pointing to something nefarious. Is it normal for the Sheriff not to release any details and say no comment? Couple that with the $100k reward offered for her "safe return-no questions asked". Are we looking at a potential abduction?
That’s the vibe I’m getting. I live in Colorado and when somebody goes missing hiking we are used to seeing an all-out search and rescue for days, even weeks. But, not usually a plea for safe return

I also noticed on the sheriffs press release that they have Crime Stoppers listed as a contact. Is that typical to list Crime Stoppers with a missing adult who possibly met with an accident or became lost?

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

I also noticed on the sheriffs press release that they have Crime Stoppers listed as a contact. Is that typical to list Crime Stoppers with a missing adult who possibly met with an accident or became lost?

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
I'm trying not to read more into this than actually exists, but if Suzanne is simply lost or had an accident they are oddly tight lipped. Maybe that is typical for this local LE department? What you pointed out is weird.

@Lore Listener you're local to this case? Is the Monarch Pass area full of people this time of year? How are the road/trails in the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking