Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I read upthread somewhere Suzanne went out on her bike at 4 something pm. and was reported missing around 6 pm. Don't know if the neighbor actually saw her leave. Which brings me to the question that if not, how would one know when she left. Did Suzanne call or text someone about her plan? If text, can we be sure it was her texting? Was her phone found btw? We know so little.
Maybe she has an alarm and set it before she left. If so, it would register the time. Plus has there been any info about her cell phone or some sort of track-my- ride app? IPhone watch for example or Fitbit?

Something still doesnt make sense to me.

The call came in to LE from the neighbor about her being missing and she had not returned from a bike ride.

So at the time of that call to LE, someone would have to have known when she left to think it was way too long for her to be gone in order to get worried enough to call LE.

So the two questions I still have that seems to have no answer from anything we have seen so far are these two questions.

What day/time did she actually leave on the alleged bike ride?

What day/time was she last seen or heard from by anyone?

These are the million-dollar questions that I can't wait for LE to confirm!

There was a report last night from News KRDO that cites SM left for her bike ride at 4:46 pm which would only be one hour before the time she was reported missing to the Sheriff. Although I find this is questionable, I've not seen a correction from KRDO as of 3 pm today. (Article linked upthread).

ETA: REPORTER Suzie Ziegler replied to my inquiry that 4:46 pm was in error and has corrected her article.

Thanks so much for reaching out. This was an error on my part -- the call did come in at 5:46 p.m. and it's not clear when exactly she left her home. I've just corrected it.

Thank you!
Suzie

Last edited:
I think that Suzanne's girl(s) were unable to get a hold of their mom at some point, contacted the neighbor and the neighbor discovered her bike was missing. It would make sense if both of her girls were indeed out of state and perhaps tried multiple times to contact mom to wish her a happy Mother's Day.

If the neighbor did notice her bike was missing, I would assume this neighbor would be on high alert to watch for Suzanne's return to tell her that her kids were anxious to talk with her.

This theory also makes me think she went without her cell phone.

At some point, she contacted the 911 when she did not return.

JMO.

These are the million-dollar questions that I can't wait for LE to confirm!

There was a report last night from News KRDO that cites SM left for her bike ride at 4:46 pm which would only be one hour before the time she was reported missing to the Sheriff. Although I find this is questionable, I've not seen a correction from KRDO as of 3 pm today. (Article linked upthread).

I have a feeling that that 4:46 p.m. "bike ride" may have been when the neighbor discovered her bike was gone, and not when Suzanne actually left. The one-hr later call may have been due to desperation in talking with the daughter(s) throughout the day.
All speculation on my part based on what limited info we have.

Anyone have any ideas on what path Suzanne could have taken on her bike ride?
Stayed on 225? Did someone mention it was a busy weekend with traffic? Would 50 have been a busy road?

Just saw this article -- please forgive if it's a repeat.
Just joining, and of course this is troubling...

Married Colo. Mom Vanished After Mother's Day Bike Ride — and Police Haven't Ruled Out Foul Play

Suzanne Morphew has been missing since Sunday

By Harriet Sokmensuer
May 14, 2020 12:28 PM

Police in Colorado are searching for a missing mother who was last seen going for a bike ride on Mother's Day.

On Sunday, Suzanne Morphew, 49, from Maysville, was reported missing after she went for a bike ride and didn't come home, the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.
More here:
Married Colo. Mom Vanished After Mother's Day Bike Ride — and Police Haven't Ruled Out Foul Play

Missing Chaffee County woman: FBI joins search, CBI makes tip line - KRDO

May 13, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (KRDO) -- The search for a woman who reportedly failed to return home from a bike ride Sunday has now garnered federal interest.

Suzanne Morphew, 49, left from her Chaffee County home on a bicycle around 4:46 p.m. Her neighbors later contacted the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office, saying that Morphew hadn't returned.
^^sbm

*******************CORRECTION TO MSM******************************

KRDO reporter replied to my inquiry about SM leaving home at 4:46 pm and she was in error. She's corrected the article to read the time she left is not confirmed.

@oviedo

Last edited:
I think either her husband or daughters called the neighbor to check on her after not getting hold of her. LE found the bike and not her! That tells me someone took her. I don't know what other scenario it would be.

Last edited:
JMO

What LE isn't doing:

LE is not asking people who may have seen a bike rider to come forward.

LE is not providing a photo of THE bike or a MATCHING bike to assist in jarring public memory.

LE is not encouraging people to take precautions against possible abductions in the area.

LE isn't doing much by way of press conferences.

What LE isn't saying is ringing in my ears.

JMO

Long-time lurker, first-time poster....I think after 4 days that there would be some investigative lead to share with the public if she had been abducted. EG Description of suspicious vehicles, or a request for camera surveillance. I think this is closer to home and a staged scene. JMO

Long-time lurker, first-time poster....I think after 4 days that there would be some investigative lead to share with the public if she had been abducted. EG Description of suspicious vehicles, or a request for camera surveillance. I think this is closer to home and a staged scene. JMO
I'm with you - I think the bike was staged.

Welcome to WS. :)

jmo

JMO

What LE isn't doing:

LE is not asking people who may have seen a bike rider to come forward.

LE is not providing a photo of THE bike or a MATCHING bike to assist in jarring public memory.

LE is not encouraging people to take precautions against possible abductions in the area.

LE isn't doing much by way of press conferences.

What LE isn't saying is ringing in my ears.

JMO
Bingo! LE is keeping quiet for a reason. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members