Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO

What LE isn't doing:

LE is not asking people who may have seen a bike rider to come forward.

LE is not providing a photo of THE bike or a MATCHING bike to assist in jarring public memory.

LE is not encouraging people to take precautions against possible abductions in the area.

LE isn't doing much by way of press conferences.

What LE isn't saying is ringing in my ears.

JMO

Yup It's almost like they have a very good suspicion of who is responsible for her disappearance....

I may be wrong but 8 tracking dogs tell me they haven't picked up on a scent, and they are trying to get one. I would think if they did, one or two would be enough.
IMO she was abducted from someone in a vehicle, and the FBI is involved because they know this isn't a search and rescue effort involving someone that may have lost their way.
I'm not pointing fingers, but why hasn't the husband been involved with any public statements? Could it be he's aware that there would be many body language experts watching every move?
Did an Attorney tell him to keep his mouth shut?
bbm
Hmmm..
I might not want to listen to my atty. at this point.
Js.

JMO

What LE isn't doing:

LE is not asking people who may have seen a bike rider to come forward.

LE is not providing a photo of THE bike or a MATCHING bike to assist in jarring public memory.

LE is not encouraging people to take precautions against possible abductions in the area.

LE isn't doing much by way of press conferences.

What LE isn't saying is ringing in my ears.

JMO
Exactly, and given the FBI and CBI’s early involvement, we cannot chalk it up to small town inexperience. I also still find it odd that the husband is not releasing a plea - looks like the nephew is speaking for the family.

Since they have the road going to the houses on their street closed off to non residents, I guess there is no official report on whether the house is being lived in by the family or made unavailable due to the investigation...

Long-time lurker, first-time poster....I think after 4 days that there would be some investigative lead to share with the public if she had been abducted. EG Description of suspicious vehicles, or a request for camera surveillance. I think this is closer to home and a staged scene. JMO
Great first post @tge17 and Welcome to WS! :)

After looking at the location of her home, I no longer think Suzanne was riding on that trail head I noted above. Looks like she could ride on 225 directly to Foose Creek dam area. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Are there any locals around? Wondering if there is snow on the ground currently?
Thanks for your as usual wonderful maps, @Knox!
Maps really help put things in perspective, and they are a big help when someone like me :rolleyes: lives far, far away.
Hoping she is found, maybe bruised and scuffed, but okay. Sounds like she bikes in these areas and knows the territory.
Scary.

Exactly, and given the FBI and CBI’s early involvement, we cannot chalk it up to small town inexperience. I also still find it odd that the husband is not releasing a plea - looks like the nephew is speaking for the family.

Since they have the road going to the houses on their street closed off to non residents, I guess there is no official report on whether the house is being lived in by the family or made unavailable due to the investigation...
I've been curious also if Sheriff trying to execute any search warrant(s).

they would have called off searches if they had a crime scene. I think they are investigating their suspicions...the neighbor has put himself in the cross-hairs, most likely. Murder for hire seems very unlikely IMO.
New girl in town, cute, hubby away alot?? Maybe someone developed an unhealthy crush/obsession.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster....I think after 4 days that there would be some investigative lead to share with the public if she had been abducted. EG Description of suspicious vehicles, or a request for camera surveillance. I think this is closer to home and a staged scene. JMO

Welcome!

I'm with many of you, and starting to think her bike was staged.

Spending a lot of money? Possible robbery at the house and threw the bike out to make it look like an accident? Kidnap/ransom?
I have no idea what a salary would be for a firefighter in that area, maybe the landscaping business was the money source.
I think it was mentioned on the Heavy.com link here that the husband is a volunteer firefighter and that he’s a business owner.

Was it confirmed the high-schooler was camping out of state? Sorry, I'm behind.

My two cents for the out of state college kid -- College is closed, but at least where I am, it had just closed that week, so a lot of cramming for finals prior. Most students, including mine, sign one-year leases off-campus that are paid for by the parents, so it's no skin off their backs to stay in the apartment. My kid officially graduated this May, but has the apartment paid through June, so he periodically drives back and forth. I accept the risk, so I'm probably a bad pandemic example but that's another story lol.
Nice to see you here wyome!

they would have called off searches if they had a crime scene. I think they are investigating their suspicions...the neighbor has put himself in the cross-hairs, most likely. Murder for hire seems very unlikely IMO.
New girl in town, cute, hubby away alot?? Maybe someone developed an unhealthy crush/obsession.
Not necessarily...there was a crime scene in the Gannon Stauch case and the searches continued. Without finding Suzanne, searches will continue. IMO

I do think its likely they are processing the house IMO. I have no idea if there is any evidence there but it definitely seems highly likely that they are interested in the fact that she was home alone when she disappeared. Seeing that they have found no trace of her in the general area it would make good investigative sense to thoroughly go through the residence

Unfortunately, if she was abducted by someone in a car (which is the way I am leaning), they could be anywhere by now (well, with borders closed, at least in the US). I am hopeful that maybe a tip has come in to the tip line along the lines of "I saw this color/kind of car in the vicinity of the biker at this time" so at least LE has a car to go by. But IF they had that, I figure they would put that info out, so maybe not.

I think it is weird that the sophomore in high school daughter wasn't with her on Mother's Day - obviously, not every family celebrates in the same way but a daughter that is that age and is in public recent photos with her, going camping during corona just seems off to me
If my daughter had a chance to go do something fun on Mother's Day, away from me. I'd be ok with it. We would simply celebrate afterwards :)
My husband and I have worked (essential business), seen our daughter, SIL and GD almost daily throughout the SIP Order. Some of our Church members privately as well. If she went camping with her "safe peeps" and it was allowed in the area, I don't see this as weird.

And the nephew is saying they "want her back" and is asking people to try to inquire about condition of bike.

I can assume from this that LE is not sharing much with the family.

I also assume that the family believes she was abducted.

But no word yet on whether LE's investigation is leading towards agreement with that.

Do we have info that the neighbor is, in fact, a male?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member