Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the two things we learned that are new to us:

• First search yielded item(s) plural, then today's search located another item that belong to SM.
• Hubby is cooperating and LE hopeful he continues to do so
• Suicide not ruled out but not considered likely at all

So they've discovered 3 items in 2 different locations.
The bike and what else?
And why would the bike be in a separate location than at least one of the other items??
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

How do we make that make sense?

I think that is VERY telling! He repeated the others so he had time to think about what he was going to say. He didn't need to repeat the husband question because he had the answer and there was no hesitation on it. I don't think hubby is involved at all.
Really?
I didn't think so either, until how the Sheriff responded to that question.

I think that is VERY telling! He repeated the others so he had time to think about what he was going to say. He didn't need to repeat the husband question because he had the answer and there was no hesitation on it. I don't think hubby is involved at all.
Hmmm. I guess I took the opposite from this.

I took it to mean just the opposite. MOO.

I'm not sure why he would think the husband might not continue to do so?
yes, just my speculation - but to me that means there have been threats about not continuing to do so and/or attorneys brought in. Could there be some contention? Is that why family is not present?

I continue to find their lack of wanting to give more info to the public (color and make of bike - etc) and have them help search as potentially because they have an idea what happened. But just my speculation.

I am wondering if they suspect someone abducted her that knows the family. Keeping the husband out of the media could be a way to not provoke that person. If it's personal for some reason, then maybe.. they always have a reason for how they do things. Even when family speaks, LE usually tells them what to say. I think this is a state that has seen the media and the public go after these families. We are all interested in the case of course, but the last few high profile ones were relentless for the families. I think he is protecting his daughters because they don't know what happened or who could have been the target.

Referring to the Morphew house.... The thing I noticed first was the lack of windows.. It's quite forbidding.
IMO...it does seem that way from the front but the back of the house has lots of windows facing a creek. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Referring to the Morphew house.... The thing I noticed first was the lack of windows.. It's quite forbidding.

yes, just my speculation - but to me that means there have been threats about not continuing to do so and/or attorneys brought in. Could there be some contention? Is that why family is not present?

I continue to find their lack of wanting to give more info to the public (color and make of bike - etc) and have them help search as potentially because they have an idea what happened. But just my speculation.

Yep unfortunately it doesn't appear that this is heading to a happy ending at all

There's no sense of urgency to find an alive person, I think they know what's happened to her

And I think she was likely already dead before LE became involved

This is a criminal investigation IMO

I am wondering if they suspect someone abducted her that knows the family. Keeping the husband out of the media could be a way to not provoke that person. If it's personal for some reason, then maybe.. they always have a reason for how they do things. Even when family speaks, LE usually tells them what to say. I think this is a state that has seen the media and the public go after these families. We are all interested in the case of course, but the last few high profile ones were relentless for the families. I think he is protecting his daughters because they don't know what happened or who could have been the target.
that is certainly a reasonable possibility based on what we know. but "I hope he continues to do so..." is a red flag. waving. in neon. with sirens. if he was in Denver and not possibly involved, you wouldn't EVEN REMOTELY need him to cooperate any more.

The one other thing I took away from the PC is when the question was brought up about whether an animal could be involved in taking her away.

He really down played that again and said there were no signs that an animal has taken her. He said they are continuing to look for signs like that and so far nothing points to an animal being involved.

Yep unfortunately it doesn't appear that this is heading to a happy ending at all

There's no sense of urgency to find an alive person, I think they know what's happened to her

And I think she was likely already dead before LE became involved

This is a criminal investigation IMO
Completely agree. He does not have much of a poker face/verbiage. His answers regarding whether she could still be alive were telling IMO. As is the lack of frantic pleas for help from the public. I continue to be troubled by the lack of even a statement release for help by the husband. Hopefully, I am just reading too much into that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member