Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is VERY telling! He repeated the others so he had time to think about what he was going to say. He didn't need to repeat the husband question because he had the answer and there was no hesitation on it. I don't think hubby is involved at all.
Not repeating that question and the addition of "we hope he continues to do so" told me all I need to know. I will stay within TOS, but can you read my thought bubble?

I was hoping we'd at least get to hear about her bike or about the items found. Oh well. They obviously have a reason for not releasing those details, but I am so curious. I feel like the location and condition of the bike is SO telling in this case.

I wonder if items found could be things like cell phone (damaged/busted?), a jacket, a shoe, etc. If there was some sort of struggle on the side of the road, what types of things might fall off or be left behind? Those kinds of items. I have no idea if she was attacked on the side of the road, it's just supposition, but the longer this goes on, I am not getting an accident vibe or a vibe that she just left on her own. This really smells of foul play to me. I also agree with him that I don't think an animal attack. Not to be gruesome, but if that was the case, I feel like there would at least be blood or something left behind.

Still wondering, how they've now found multiple items of hers in at least TWO different locations.

From today's presser, the previous search yielded item(s) plural.
Then today's, another item in a different location.

What scenarios make this possible?
Someone leaving them to be found?

what are the odds that items would not be found within the first 48? Unless way far off the search areas

Still wondering, how they've now found multiple items of hers in at least TWO different locations.

From today's presser, the previous search yielded item(s) plural.
Then today's, another item in a different location.

What scenarios make this possible?
Could all be red herrings. Look here....oh no, look here...all the while she's somewhere else entirely

Yes, I really like that he repeated the questions. That is the first press conference that I have heard in awhile where the spokesperson remembered to repeat the questions.
Thanks Sheriff :)
He was awesome and very genuine. Actually made me feel ok about holding back on investigatory answers, usually I grumble
{like my opinion really matters, lol}.

Last edited:
1. Bike found Sunday evening - where?
2. Plural items found yesterday - same location or different?
3. Another item discovered today - yet another location?

Did she... throw something out of a moving vehicle? Drop something as she was running away from something?

I was hoping we'd at least get to hear about her bike or about the items found. Oh well. They obviously have a reason for not releasing those details, but I am so curious. I feel like the location and condition of the bike is SO telling in this case.

I wonder if items found could be things like cell phone (damaged/busted?), a jacket, a shoe, etc. If there was some sort of struggle on the side of the road, what types of things might fall off or be left behind? Those kinds of items. I have no idea if she was attacked on the side of the road, it's just supposition, but the longer this goes on, I am not getting an accident vibe or a vibe that she just left on her own. This really smells of foul play to me. I also agree with him that I don't think an animal attack. Not to be gruesome, but if that was the case, I feel like there would at least be blood or something left behind.
Personally, I cannot imagine a scenario where they think a stranger abduction happened and they would not release the color and make/model of bike so the public could help if they saw something. Ditto for any more innocuous scenario like an accident, wildlife, etc. I think they have a good idea what happened and who might be involved. Perhaps they do not believe it happened in public and hence do not need that kind of assistance? Just thinking out loud.

Could these items have been thrown from a car? I’m not sure where they were found but that’s what makes sense to me.
My thought exactly. Like something happened night before. Then throw stuff along her route. Someone asks neighbor to check on her because she went on “bike ride.” I mean that’s something you’d probably tell family. Especially that route. Looks dangerous in general but I live at sea level so I’m just chicken of heights. I still can’t figure out if neighbor actually saw her get on bike or was she TOLD she got on bike? Please someone answer if known.

It's far too early to rule out anything, including a domestic situation, but it's really prejudicial and unfair to make so dang much out of the lack of direct pleas from immediate family right now. It's only been a few days and LE is obviously trying to keep a lid on things for a reason. Cut them some slack. For all we know, they're grieving and have no reason to make a public appeal right now.

What about the friend who put up some of the reward money? Anyone know anything about him?

We’re not allowed to sleuth this person but I don’t think it is too hard to deduce. I just looked at some of the basic facts available to us, including the composition of her charitable foundation, for clues.

I notice too that mainstream media are not deepdiving into this case or SM’s broader background in any meaningful way. IMO it’s not because there isn’t stories to tell, with lots of background color, but because they are taking signals from LE that to do so right now might compromise progress. Just my own opinion/hunch of course.

I told him to change his socks every day and that it would lead to trouble if he didn't... man oh man...
Joking aside... That REALLY Really really sucks! Uggh!

Tell him Hi and that we miss him please... Not the same without his wisdom... and humor... and dirty socks...

Yup I miss that guy

1. Bike found Sunday evening - where?
2. Plural items found yesterday - same location or different?
3. Another item discovered today - yet another location?

Did she... throw something out of a moving vehicle? Drop something as she was running away from something?
Or maybe a suspect tossed or tried to hide some of the items. Jmo

It feels like they know or have a idea of what may have happened. It seems LE has told everyone to be quiet. I do not think she is still alive based of the 100K being offered so fast. Seems like that was made in hopes of catching someone before something bad happened. I am leaning towards business dealings gone wrong or made with the wrong people. IMO
I still get a "Ozarks" from Netflix feel about this one... IMO and I know it's in the minority.

Personally, I cannot imagine a scenario where they think a stranger abduction happened and they would not release the color and make/model of bike so the public could help if they saw something. Ditto for any more innocuous scenario like an accident, wildlife, etc. I think they have a good idea what happened and who might be involved. Perhaps they do not believe it happened in public and hence do not need that kind of assistance? Just thinking out loud.

Think about what you know about the bike ride

Now pretend like you never heard about a bike ride

Now think how is LE investigating this?

It's far too early to rule out anything, including a domestic situation, but it's really prejudicial and unfair to make so dang much out of the lack of direct pleas from immediate family right now. It's only been a few days and LE is obviously trying to keep a lid on things for a reason. Cut them some slack. For all we know, they're grieving and have no reason to make a public appeal right now.
I find that every reason to make a public appeal, personally. At the very least in the form of a written statement to the press. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr