Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. He does not have much of a poker face/verbiage. His answers re whether she could still be alive was telling IMO. As is the lack of frantic pleas for help from the public. I continue to be troubled by the lack of even a statement release for help by the husband. Hopefully, I am just reading too much into that.

You're not reading too much into it.

The husband's silence is problematic.

It just doesn't bode well for a positive outcome in this case. At all.

As if we needed any more red flags.

"We're going to need a bigger field."

JMO.

Yep unfortunately it doesn't appear that this is heading to a happy ending at all

There's no sense of urgency to find an alive person, I think they know what's happened to her

And I think she was likely already dead before LE became involved

This is a criminal investigation IMO
I think so too. I noticed he spoke of her in past tense at one point. He said she "was" a regular biker, or something similar. Jmo

Still wondering, how they've now found multiple items of hers in at least TWO different locations.

From today's presser, the previous search yielded item(s) plural.
Then today's, another item in a different location.

What scenarios make this possible?

Trust me: You don't want to know.

He's sorely missed around here by everyone.
Well, almost everyone.
I ain't exactly crying in my pillow at night.

One thing's for sure, though: Like Ahnold, "He'll be back!"

I told him to change his socks every day and that it would lead to trouble if he didn't... man oh man... :(

Joking aside... That REALLY Really really sucks! Uggh!

Tell him Hi and that we miss him please... Not the same without his wisdom... and humor... and dirty socks...

The Sheriff is a local guy and not prone to colorful words - more of a tempered action kind of guy.
He is not stupid and is salt of the earth.
He knows how awful this is.
I may not always agree with him but I respect him.

Courtney Fromm‏Verified account @courtney_fromm
UPDATE: This is the first time the sheriff has addressed the media in person. He didn’t confirm what type of item was found that they believe is Morphew’s. They are asking anyone with information to please call the tip line 719-312-7530. @FOX21News #suzannemorphew #Colorado

EYGHNy3WoAAJd_Q.jpg

4:27 PM - 15 May 2020 from Salida, CO

IMO they’re holding back a LOT of information. I can see it in the sheriff’s face. Understandable if they’ve got a strong suspicion she’s been deliberately or opportunistically snatched and they don’t want to scare the horses. Or if she has come to grief at the hand of someone already in their line of sight (e.g. neighborhood) - although I was expecting a slightly different tone if this were the case.

Also IMO, the “...where do we go now? Well, we go back to Facebook and tips from the public...” lines are playbook PR deflections of the criticism that they are not really asking the public for much help. They’re not sharing basic facts or leads that would assist the public to provide tips, even down to the condition of the bike or her vital stats. Instead they are happy for the public to stay busy speculating and theorizing. No one, least of all a competent sheriff (and he seems to be) believes this case is going to be solved on a FB thread!

Is there a way to watch the presser now that it's finished?
Today's presser:

WATCH: Chaffee County Sheriff gives update about missing woman

Just watching I realized the "live" stream I watched earlier, actually cut off the first three minutes and fifty seconds, and a REALLY important detail:

The "previous" items he said they found, were YESTERDAY.

So, aside from the bike they already found on Sunday, according to the nephew, they found more item(s) plural, yesterday, and something else, again today.

This is rather unsettling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member