Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so, unless hubby attempted to go back and forth to Denver surreptitiously (or he was never there in the first place), we got a "murder for hire", it would appear.

There's another possibility.

I may have missed it, but I didn't hear LE say that SM was seen by the neighbor on Sunday.

Did he verify that there were sightings of SM on Sunday in that presser?
Did he address the last known time that anyone spoke directly to SM via phone or in person?

Barring that verification from LE that she was seen alive and well on Sunday, I don't think we can rule out the possibility that SM may have been the victim of foul play before the husband went "out of town" 2 hours and 40 minutes away for the weekend.

JMO.

Last edited:
In regards to no words from her husband...remember when Heidi Broussard’s husband spoke publicly, and people had him arrested and convicted. He was innocent.

We just don’t have enough facts.
There have been thousands who speak out and are not suspected. Those camera shy are generally advised to release a statement - especially when one can afford professional advice. Most people who are innocent in my opinion are not worried about looking guilty if they plea for the love of their life to be returned. Whatever scrutiny they might invite cannot hold a candle to what the missing has likely experienced.

But there is hope he will continue to cooperate...

MOO

that is certainly a reasonable possibility based on what we know. but "I hope he continues to do so..." is a red flag. waving. in neon. with sirens. if he was in Denver and not possibly involved, you wouldn't EVEN REMOTELY need him to cooperate any more.

I disagree. There are going to be hours and hours ahead of questions as LE tries to work out what happened and thinks of more questions. Do they even have her phone records yet? Her computer?

He needs to permit the police to access the house, go through all her stuff - and then he will be asked questions.

There are many ways a person can help an investigation, which most family members do even if they know they may be a suspect.

Also, there are ways of being involved with events from a distance.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> There's a backstory here and we just don't know what it is.

Either that, or she really was abducted by a stranger, or a cryptid (if you're one of those 411 enthusiasts).

Since they don't think she ran off to perish purposefully in the mountains, or that a mountain lion got her (thanks, LE, for giving your professional opinion on this important question)...we have fewer possibilities and FBI involved.

I'm definitely on the fence. I can envision and keep envisioning a stranger or loose acquaintance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m confused about where the husband and girls are now; especially the high school aged daughter who presumably lived at home? The silence from the family is really weird. Frankly it’s really weird whether or not the husband is completely innocent though. Innocent husbands speak out. Guilty husbands speak out. How often do we not get any (at the very least, written) statement for days and days?!

I've seen nothing about LE going in to search the Morphew house. You would think this would have been done given LE's statement that the husband has been cooperative. JMO.
I do not think we can know since the last reporters showed the street to their home was blocked off. I am wondering if the house has been closed to the family for investigation, and we just do not know it yet. They could be staying with neighbors for all we know. MOO

I’m confused about where the husband and girls are now; especially the high school aged daughter who presumably lived at home? The silence from the family is really weird. Frankly it’s really weird whether or not the husband is completely innocent though. Innocent husbands speak out. Guilty husbands speak out. How often do we not get any (at the very least, written) statement for days and days?!
I can’t think of one other than Kelsey Berreth’s fiancé at the moment...

I also, honestly, find it really weird that they aren’t releasing some basic information about the circumstances of her disappearance — who called 911 & why; last known sighting; etc. I know they play things close to the vest, but they’re not even giving the basic info for people to know if they have tips to call in. I mean, sure, maybe they have their suspicions or a suspect or whatever, but she’s still missing! Give people enough information to get sightings called in. It’s so strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE