Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t have enough information about the situation to know for sure why she would’ve been alone on Mother’s Day.

Notice! I’m just giving an example here:

But, sometimes a lying cheating narcissist leaves his wife after the kids are grown and manipulates them in to believing that Mom,(insert any disparaging lie here . . . whatever he thinks should diminish his responsibility), resulting in the grown kids not talking to her, even on Mother’s Day. I speak from current personal experience.

Again we don’t know Suzanne’s family situation. It could be nothing at all like that. Maybe they celebrated Mother’s Day early.
Yes, all the signs of a narcissist are present even the significance of Mother's Day. I get it and thank you for affirming my initial thoughts on this one.

I don't find it as weird that her daughters weren't physically there with her at the house on MD, given that we're hearing the older one was away at college and the younger rumored to be off on a camping trip for the weekend, covid social distancing rules notwithstanding.

What I find extremely odd is that we're not hearing that either of her daughters OR her husband attempted to contact her that day to wish her a happy MD.

One would think if there were calls or texts to her cell that went unanswered that day, LE would have included that info as part of the known timeline surrounding her disappearance, i.e., "One of her daughter tried to reach her earlier that day but her phone went straight to v/m, etc."

I'm finding it much too coincidental that she was apparently home alone for the weekend when she disappeared.

I also suspect it was a family member who contacted a neighbor and asked the neighbor to contact LE.

And if that's the case, that's just flat weird.

JMO.

I remember in Gannon's case we didn't even know at first who it was that reported him missing, correct? I would guess there is an entire thread of speculation about that alone... TS was called "the reporting individual" (or something like that) by LE in their initial releases. I think nearly every case I've followed has questions about the peripheral players that are not answered for a long time... LE's instinct in most every case (IMO) is to not share data until necessary.

We don't know whether her bike was found before or after she was known to be missing. Was the bike being found how they determined she was missing? Or were they looking for her when the bike was found? I know LE know these answers, but we will not likely know for some time.

Did we ever find out if one of the two received inheritance money or something? The husband offered up the $100,000 pretty quick! Which is wonderful if you have the means to do so!

However, my husband is a wildland firefighter, and I am also a teacher and let’s just say we don’t have that kind of cash to offer up LOL.

Maybe they made some good investments or something. Just trying to get a feel for the possibility of a kidnapping for ransom, but I personally don’t see that. I guess anything is possible. MOO

We cannot sleuth the family, so we don't really know if he does have the means. Given information found about the unsold Indiana property and unpaid taxes, it seems hard to believe he would have the means. My initial thought was maybe he didn't think it would ever be claimed? But that was directly related to the quote where LE would not confirm whether he was cooperating. In reality, I know that means nothing until we know more. We can speculate ourselves to death, but LE have these answers.

At least in Gannon's case, we were familiar with the team of prosecutors and knew of the great reputation held by El Paso County Sheriff's office, so we trusted their "close to the vest" approach. I don't think we have that here, which makes it easier to question their methods, IMO.

JMO MOO

Edited to add link
Man Stuck in Windshield Left to Die
It happens. I remember a few cases, one in particular was a hit and run with a female driver and a male victim. The victim went head first through the windshield. The driver drove home and parked in her garage, leaving the victim gravely injured still suck through the windshield. She went into the garage periodically to say 'in sorry'. He eventually died. Iirc she didn't call 911 because she had been drinking. Moo

Right, I'm sure it does happen, but like I stated I think it's a pretty rare thing.

It is flat weird.

The only reason I think the Mother’s Day aspect is weird is what high school kid would be camping away from mom on MD? During a pandemic no less. Camping with other HS friends? What about their mothers? The day before MD or the day after, okay. But not ON MD. Doesn’t ring true to me at all. It might mean nothing, but it’s weird.
College students mostly have gone home during this scary time, but maybe if her college daughter is older than say 20 I could buy it. Again, might mean nothing, but it doesn’t sit right.

I tend to agree.

Do we know for sure the highschooler went camping, when and with whom? Coordinated group of some kind or just overnight with a close pal and her family? If it's true, perhaps she was scheduled to come home late afternoon on Mother's Day?

The vibe I'm getting is the the bike was planted where it was found.

I don't know by whom, but I do think it was deliberately placed wherever it was found.

Speculation only, subject to change as we learn more.

jmo

I tend to agree.

Do we know for sure the highschooler went camping, when and with whom? Coordinated group of some kind or just overnight with a close pal and her family? If it's true, perhaps she was scheduled to come home late afternoon on Mother's Day?
Good question. I read it at the beginning of this thread about camping but not sure where it came from. Does anyone remember? I’ll go back and look.

The amount of money we're seeing connected to this case is hugely concerning to me.

The fact that there's a home back in IN that hasn't sold yet is worrisome, especially given the fact that another poster who researched it indicated that there are 7k in back taxes owed on it.

As we've all seen time and time again, financial motives loom large in murders, including domestic ones.

I sincerely doubt that LE is pleased that the family has upped the reward to 200k.
In fact, I suspect they're distinctly displeased, as this monumental amount will likely result in all kinds of false leads and tips that they're going to have to vet thoroughly

That 200k reward being offered is suspicious in and of itself.

JMO.
I didn’t want to mention the taxes because I hadn’t seen it for myself but yes! That’s a biggie. How does someone have the means to put up $100K reward money ignore only $7K in taxes owed? Doesn’t make sense.

I’m seeing some sort of financial motive in the shadows for sure.

There are so many inconsistencies here. I find it so odd, amidst a national lockdown, the husband and two daughters were traveling or working out of town. Aren’t most people working from home now, and college students sent home? Hoping this beautiful lady is found safe, and soon!

IMHO
I also would like to know when the husband left to go out of town. The location he was suppose to have traveled to is only a little over two hours away.

I also don't find it odd that her daughters weren't with her on Mother's Day. I live hours away from my mom and even during non-pandemic times, we FaceTime on Mother's Day, but with both of us having to work the very next day, a trip to visit in person is just not feasible. Everyone celebrates these types of holidays differently with some families not doing much at all to celebrate, so we just don't know if this was odd for them or not.

One is still in high school.

BBM

“It’s, it’s the hardest thing,” her nephew, Trevor Noel, told CBS4’s Alan Gionet. “She’s a beloved member of her family and the sweetest person that you’ve ever met.”
~
Noel says her bike was found that evening, but Morphew was nowhere to be found. Sheriff John Spezze has told CBS4 it was “probably not” animals. Noel urged people to question the sheriff about the condition of the bike.
~
“It’s really tough physically. It’s taxing up and down these hills. And it’s emotionally draining you know being with the family and still being empty handed,” Noel told CBS4. “We want to leave our options open and we want to make sure that we cover every hill… and know that everyone out here is doing everything they possibly can to find her.”

“And if there’s any chance that she could hear this maybe, I want to her know that the family wants her back and we love her we’re out there working for her.”

Noel and other family members and friends are working to put out as much information social media as possible.

“If you know anything, if you suspect anything, if you have a funny memory from Sunday or the days after please call the tip line,” he urged. The number is 719 312-7530.

~snip

More at link: ‘We Want Her Back’: $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew – CBS Denver

But none of my children are away at college. They just finished their semesters here at the house on-line. Ditto for my high schooler. Weird that she would be alone all day at the house on Mother's Day.

I hear you, but I also hesitate to speculate that "weird" or "uncommon" methods of celebrating holidays necessarily points to anything "nefarious." It's hard for me to do sometimes, because I can be "judgy", especially if I live my life differently in any particular situation.

I also try to speculate about mundane explanations to what others see as red flags.
What makes it difficult is that we do not have a clear picture of what the circumstances are/were, the reality of family relationships (I tend to disregard social media, because it often portrays an incomplete/false picture, IMO) or a timeline, etc.

There could be a fact or piece of evidence unknown to "us" that could sends "us" in an entirely different direction regarding what took place.

Regarding being alone on Mother's Day (btw, is that a fact?) Isn't it possible that her "gift" this year was to be able to enjoy a day all to herself, and possibly a bike ride?
JMO

If though the husband is the one offering the reward, doesn't mean its coming from his pocket. It could be a family member as well. I am agreeing with most of you, without knowing the location/condition of the bike, LE and family not talking, they have an idea as to who/what is going on. IMO

I hear you, but I also hesitate to speculate that "weird" or "uncommon" methods of celebrating holidays necessarily points to anything "nefarious." It's hard for me to do sometimes, because I can be "judgy", especially if I live my life differently in any particular situation.

I also try to speculate about mundane explanations to what others see as red flags.
What makes it difficult is that we do not have a clear picture of what the circumstances are/were, the reality of family relationships (I tend to disregard social media, because it often portrays an incomplete/false picture, IMO) or a timeline, etc.

There could be a fact or piece of evidence unknown to "us" that could sends "us" in an entirely different direction regarding what took place.

Regarding being alone on Mother's Day (btw, is that a fact?) Isn't it possible that her "gift" this year was to be able to enjoy a day all to herself, and possibly a bike ride?
JMO
The Mother's Day thing doesn't bother me personally - I would be fine if my kids were not with me on the day. (And perhaps during lockdown, a little space is appreciated....plenty of us have had a lot of family togetherness this year!) We don't know how Suzanne felt, but I'm willing to guess she encouraged her kids to enjoy the outdoors so a camping trip doesn't sound strange to me, if it happened.

An, it's entirely possible, if she disappeared on her own accord, that she wanted nobody home. I don't know if that is the case, but I'm keeping it on the table for now.

jmo

BBM

“It’s, it’s the hardest thing,” her nephew, Trevor Noel, told CBS4’s Alan Gionet. “She’s a beloved member of her family and the sweetest person that you’ve ever met.”
~
Noel says her bike was found that evening, but Morphew was nowhere to be found. Sheriff John Spezze has told CBS4 it was “probably not” animals. Noel urged people to question the sheriff about the condition of the bike.
~
“It’s really tough physically. It’s taxing up and down these hills. And it’s emotionally draining you know being with the family and still being empty handed,” Noel told CBS4. “We want to leave our options open and we want to make sure that we cover every hill… and know that everyone out here is doing everything they possibly can to find her.”

“And if there’s any chance that she could hear this maybe, I want to her know that the family wants her back and we love her we’re out there working for her.”

Noel and other family members and friends are working to put out as much information social media as possible.

“If you know anything, if you suspect anything, if you have a funny memory from Sunday or the days after please call the tip line,” he urged. The number is 719 312-7530.

~snip

More at link: ‘We Want Her Back’: $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew – CBS Denver
It is sounding more and more like the neighbors found her bike on Sunday, became concerned, and called LE.

Speculation.

jmo

I would expect that if it were hit-and-run, LE would be giving more descriptions so the public could be on the look out for car damage, the paint of the bike on a car bumper, etc.

jmo
Hit-and-runs are VERY common in Colorado (I should know, it happened to me, a long time ago, I'm fine now). So common in fact, that we have a thing called Medina Alerts, like an Amber Alert for hit-and-runs. If hit-and-run were suspected, LE would definitely be providing details. And her bike would have damage. And there would likely be blood/tissue/skid marks at the scene. It would be VERY difficult to cover up quickly. Much more than just throwing a body in the car and taking off.

Medina Alert

Ok, now I really am going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members