Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm firmly on the fence on this one but I just have to say, heaven help my husband if I ever go missing. He forgets to wear his seatbelt sometimes, and he hates having his photo taken...

I'm just feeling the need to gently remind everyone that it's really, really easy to read too much into things which in most cases are completely innocent or benign.

Kind of O/T but kind of not...

I had a few fellow WS members sleuth me once about 4-5 years ago, based on my FB and whatever else they could find out about me online, just to see how accurate we all are when we speculate based on what we read online. If memory serves, I think it was 3 or 4 members and some were so far off base we all had a great laugh about it, and swore to NEVER tell anyone on these forums how dreadfully wrong they were (and I'm not breaking any promises, because I'll never give up their names!). We joked about throwing our "hinky meters" in the trash once and for all. Only one of the members was uncannily accurate, and even found stuff I didn't know about, lol. But she was still only about maybe 80% accurate. What started as sort of a "I dare you" joke turned into a really great lesson for all of us, to not be so quick to assume anything based on what you see online (this sort of stemmed from the Heather Elvis case and Tammy Moorer's disgustingly fake SM accounts, if any of you followed that here?).

All that to say, I completely agree that it's really easy to read too much into things, and that's partly because we're actually looking for something to say "ah HA!" about in a missing person case.

jmo

Authorities are wrapping up and leaving the search area..

Courtney Fromm‏Verified account @courtney_fromm
MONARCH PASS: the sign with the message originally telling drivers the pass was closed has been deleted. This after we saw over 20 officials cars. Including multiple search & rescue crews with ATV’s. All heading away from the search area.... @FOX21News
2:53 PM - 15 May 2020

I had a few fellow WS members sleuth me once about 4-5 years ago, based on my FB and whatever else they could find out about me online, just to see how accurate we all are when we speculate based on what we read online. If memory serves, I think it was 3 or 4 members and some were so far off base we all had a great laugh about it, and swore to NEVER tell anyone on these forums how dreadfully wrong they were (and I'm not breaking any promises, because I'll never give up their names!). We joked about throwing our "hinky meters" in the trash once and for all. Only one of the members was uncannily accurate, and even found stuff I didn't know about, lol. But she was still only about maybe 80% accurate. What started as sort of a "I dare you" joke turned into a really great lesson for all of us, to not be so quick to assume anything based on what you see online (this sort of stemmed from the Heather Elvis case and Tammy Moorer's disgustingly fake SM accounts, if any of you followed that here?).

All that to say, I completely agree that it's really easy to read too much into things, and that's partly because we're actually looking for something to say "ah HA!" about in a missing person case.

jmo
Excellent post!!!!!!

29 mins ago

US Highway 50 Re-Opens

(Friday, May 15, 2020—Chaffee County, CO)—The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office announces that US Highway 50 (Monarch Pass) is now open.

The Sheriff’s Office greatly appreciates the patience of the community during search of the area in connection with Suzanne Morphew’s missing person case.

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

Keep in mind that seatbelt violations are often compromised tickets for something else.
Like speeding? :confused: Instead of a warning? I know in my state, LE can see your record when they pull you over, so having numerous "compromised" tickets would pretty much mean I'm going to get the actual ticket after a couple "warnings". At least that has been my experience.
Up thread it was posted that her vehicle’s license plates were taken off her car and they have a POI and looking for him. Any word on this??
that was a different case two hours away. it was posted only to say, "hey, here's someone on the run from nearby". Edited to add: IMO; I don't really know why the person posted it but that was my interpretation.

jmo
Very interesting!!!

Search for former Indiana teacher in Colorado focuses on area where personal item found

May 15, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (KUSA) — Authorities planned to launch a targeted search Friday for a former Indiana teacher missing in Colorado after a personal item thought to belong to her was found in the area where she disappeared.

Suzanne Morphew, 49, of Maysville, went for a bike ride on Sunday and never returned.

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office said in a release that an item thought to belong to Morphew was found just west of County Road 225 and West U.S. 50 near Maysville. The Sheriff's Office didn't say what the personal item was or where exactly it was found.

Morphew taught at Hamilton Heights Middle School before her familiy moved to Colorado two years ago. bbm

MONARCH PASS: the sign with the message originally telling drivers the pass was closed has been deleted. This after we saw over 20 officials cars. Including multiple search & rescue crews with ATV’s. All heading away from the search area.... @FOX21News

CONTINUED: we reached out to officials to see if the pass is back open. Also, to see if they can confirm if the search has finished up for today. @FOX21News #suzannemorphew #MissingPerson #colorado

Link to presser

Courtney Fromm
@courtney_fromm

·
2m
MONARCH PASS: the pass is back open. We are heading now to the Chaffee County Courthouse where Sheriff Spezze will be giving an update on Morphew. He is expected to talk at 5. You can watch it live here —-> https://fox21news.com/news/local/monarch-pass-closed-as-crews-search-for-missing-chaffee-county-woman/
@FOX21News
#suzannemorphew #colorado

After clicking on link, doesn't actually link to a presser. But assuming she means Fox21 will hold a livestream, for any of those that were asking earlier.

Up thread it was posted that her vehicle’s license plates were taken off her car and they have a POI and looking for him. Any word on this??
Someone posted a story about a guy who is on the run somewhere in Colorado who is a POI in the death of a Manitou Springs man. He took the plates off the deceased man’s car I believe. The OP asked if the cases could be related. The person wasn’t saying This happened to SM just wondering if this POI could be related to her situation.

I thought I read that the husband was or is a successful business owner. Jmo

A poster here described BM as being a successful business owner.

There were no links provided to support that assertion.

We don't know whether the characterization of his business ventures as being "successful" ones is accurate.

Sometimes, things are exactly as they appear.

Sometimes, appearances can be deceiving.

I have a feeling we'll find out which of those two statements holds true here in this case.

JMO.

Last edited:
Alexandria native goes missing in Colorado

The Morphews are natives of Alexandria. Suzanne Morphew is the daughter of Gene Moorman, former owner of the popular Gene's Root Beer drive-in restaurant on Scatterfield Road in Anderson.

...the first time we get to read in the mainstream media who her father is. I note there have been no public statements given yet from the Moorman side of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay