Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
o/t sorta

Karen Welch was stalked for 12 years! By phone. Even when she was on holiday the stalker found her.

Thank God they finally found out who it was and she didn't even know the guy but he was totally obsessed with her. He ended up killing himself after LE finally took Karen's case seriously and they started tracking the perp.

All this to say that stalking is real and although I appreciate the "mental illness" debate, perhaps in Morgan's case, it just became too much for her to handle especially if nobody took her stalking seriously. It took a very long time for LE to do anything for Karen Welch. She was on her own after being refused help by LE.

Imagine being tormented every day for days, months, years. Watching your every move. Yeah, one becomes paranoid alright.

Here is a link to Karen's case if anyone is interested.

http://exa.gmnews.com/news/2011-02-...stalking_victim_to_tell_story_on_TV_show.html

I understand what you are saying, I don't think anyone here is disputing stalking is real, the torment victims suffer and the difficulty in getting perps charged or prosecuted. Thing is in most cases there is rather more concrete evidence, phone records, letters, packages, assaults, break ins etc of the stalking than what we have here - so far, as pointed out by rollinginit we're still in the early days of Toni's account - I think most people are just exploring all the other possibilities in this case.

lol its cool rollinginit,as soon as i posted that i realised i was mistaken,the BFF is the Bigfoot Forums lol.

I saw the tracks at the berm,i wonder if thats how he got to the property(the track directly behind victims house) and left via my explanation on page 7 post #169?,going that way if he went up the side of the neighbours house,straight over the back,up over the berm and walked back to his house vie the dip between berm and highway?.

Ive got to go to sleep. If I hear any noises on my roof tonight I will pee my pants.:what:

This made me laugh because I am the same way....I can't even read this thread at night because I get too scared. All of you who posted over night in this thread are insane and I am going to have to ask you to slow it down or I'll never have time to finish reading blog. ;)

LOL totally agree davehead21. I've become hyper-aware of strange noises in the night I got up at my normal 4am PT and found my purse lying in the middle of the kitchen floor when I distinctly remember leaving it on a chair when we came in from dinner last night. Yikes! A cup of coffee and the logical explanation occurs that our two cats found the dangling straps and a keychain ornament I have on it irresistible and dragged it off the chair. I then decided to go outside to feed a bunch of ragtag feral cats (who for some reason think I'm a soft touch and have taken to treating this place like a kitty soup kitchen) only to find the front door unlocked! Yikes again. Nothing appears to be disturbed but you can bet I did check my purse to make sure my wallet and everything is in there and intact. My husband, who normally does it, must have forgotten to turn the lock on his way to bed.

I think the over-night postings are down to various timezones, I see we have a few Brits posting here and they are 5-8 hours ahead of US timezones - as I know to my cost when my family over there 'forget' and decide to call me at 3am my time.

I couldnt believe it when I read that either. Someone outside your house and you leave the windows open so he can raise it and crawl inside? No friggin way. The house would be locked up tighter than Ft Knox.

Just taking a wild guess, but maybe the parents just thought at first it was not that serious. A bunch of kids playing around or something.

The medication Morgan was taken was prescribe like 3 years earlier when they had a faulty furnace and there was carbon monoxide in the house. That's why Morgan was prescribed that meds.

I'm fascinated that nobody in the entire friends or family brought up a video camera system... what in the world was law enforcement thinking? ONE officer should have just guided them to [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zmodo-PKD-DK4216-500GB-Internet-Accessible-4-Channel/dp/B005FM8UL4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1347201435&sr=8-7&keywords=home+security+cameras"]Amazon.com: Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB H.264 Internet & 3G Phone Accessible 4-Channel DVR with 4 Night Vision Cameras and 500 GB HD: Camera & Photo@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rCt6AfCnL.@@AMEPARAM@@51rCt6AfCnL[/ame]

This would have easily verified the problem or kept him away, these cameras all glow red at night and many friends of mine, when walking up to my place get all freaked out by them.

I have no doubt that the mother is telling things as she remembers them and what a creepy situation to be in. I would be paranoid at every sound. I think some of it was the creeper and some of it wasnt. I cant wait to read the rest of the blog as more will probably fall into place and make more sense. We may see more that makes more sense of a stalkers behavior. I dont see a connection with Morgans death right now. No matter what this was a very frightening and horrible way to have to live.

Back to the information.

I believe that Morgan was stalked long before the parents got involved. The photo referred to above (the one with B) was apparently taken in February 2011. While I am unclear as to the date the keying of Morgan's car occurred, that, to me, is also something that has to be evaluated as part of the stalking.

I am of the mind currently that B has a lot more to do with this than we think, at least at this point. By the time the photo was taken in February, there was already quite a bit of bad blood between the two...

In re: the photo...

Lacyanna, thanks SOOO much for the work on the pix. I'm leaning towards this being a photo of the stalker looking up and right, rather than back and left, based on left shoulder position and body movement direction, but I'm still not positive. Your work has cleared up a concern or two of mine, so thanks.

Best-
Herding Cats

I apologize for any of my posts that were offensive or hurtful. I certainly didnt mean them to be. I have deleted them. I was just sharing knowledge from what I have experienced.

Please help the technology challenged. I read the blog yesterday evening and wanted to read today's entry. How do I get to the entry each new day without starting at the beginning of the blog? TIA
Also wanna say, I pray this family finds the strength to keep on fighting for justice for Morgan. :(

Never mind!!!! I see how to get to the last page now!!!

I agree, having 3 people living in a house all experiencing the same thing, doesn't point towards mental illness but that is jmo. And the fact that the LE seem to never assume it, and had tested things out.

The mother writes about how the stress is not making her think straight when they go to a wedding.

And we have to remember that unless we have been in this situation we don't know how we will react.

They tried to put it down to possible things and 'ignore' their gut instincts which I believe the moral behind the story is to always trust your instincts. Something the mother seemed to try to ignore so far on different occassions.

To be honest, I probally would have reacted the same way. And weeks on end with distrupted and little sleep can send the the sanest person crazy.

This is a truely engaging story. I cannot wait for more. Rather disappointing to have to wait until december to have the full story, but I think it's a rather interesting perspective to get the readers to try and feel and experience the taunts the family had to endure.

Honestly, jmo but I believe this started out as jealousy ( don't know why ) and fun and games to taunt Morgan and escalated from there on. The perp's got satisfaction out of making her life hell, now that is sick, someone who gains satisfaction from someone else's misery, that to me seems more of a mental illness...

I also wouldnt rule out the neighbor that brought down the shirt and has moved away since this happened.This seemed to be a high tech perp.Not sure kids could have pulled this off without getting caught.

Back to the information.

I believe that Morgan was stalked long before the parents got involved. The photo referred to above (the one with B) was apparently taken in February 2011. While I am unclear as to the date the keying of Morgan's car occurred, that, to me, is also something that has to be evaluated as part of the stalking.

I am of the mind currently that B has a lot more to do with this than we think, at least at this point. By the time the photo was taken in February, there was already quite a bit of bad blood between the two...

In re: the photo...

Lacyanna, thanks SOOO much for the work on the pix. I'm leaning towards this being a photo of the stalker looking up and right, rather than back and left, based on left shoulder position and body movement direction, but I'm still not positive. Your work has cleared up a concern or two of mine, so thanks.

Best-
Herding Cats

If my tired brain is not failing me, correct me if I'm wrong.

But didn't morgan take her friend to the airport in feburary 2011?

Also this is around the time she walked into the room with b and k and walked straight out without uttering a word?

And it was later revealed that b ( i think it was ) said she will pay or something?

I'm really interested to know what the history between b and morgan was, like the rest. Hoping it is explaned further in the story. Morgan just doesn't seem like the type of girl, to not like someone for no reason.

I dunno. There it is. I'm very torn, the account is very compelling and creepy and I don't doubt for one minute this woman's veracity or sincerity, I truly believe that she believes that her daughter was stalked and terrorised and I also believe that the whole family suffered through a living nightmare for several months. I'm desperately sad for this mother’s loss of her daughter and totally understand her clinging to the belief it was not suicide.

I am struggling with a few things though; her claims that law enforcement did little or nothing to help resolve the situation for one. The cops were called AND responded around 40 times in 4 months, sometimes not just one officer but two or three turned up. They stayed for up to an hour or more each time. They checked the property and the surrounding area each time and questioned people the family were suspicious of, did at least one stake out if I'm reading it right - sorry, I'm finding the format of the blog somewhat disjointed and difficult to follow. All these responses despite the fact the incidents amounted to noises outside, bangs and rattles on windows and doors, tripped security lights etc which could all be explained away by nocturnal wanderings by animals on and around a semi-rural property. I hate to seem insensitive but could this be a case of feverish mass paranoia within the home stemming from a somewhat introspective young woman’s anxieties (it’s interesting that she was treated for porphyria since depression and heightened anxiety are symptomatic of the disease) coupled with projection onto a concerned, highly protective mother and from there to the father….?

We do have one footprint beneath a window, silhouettes glimpsed through blurred glass , a photo of a man leaning against a car, a red light seen moving about in the darkness across the street and damage to the roof but those are fairly easy to explain away too - maybe some nosy hiker passer-by looking in through a window left the print, the man in the photo could be anyone, doesn’t anyone see that his clothes/ haircut look remarkably similar to those worn by the deputies in the previous frames taken only seconds earlier? The red light could be one of those worn by cyclists and walkers for visibility to traffic when out at night, the roof damage could have been caused by years of weathering, falling tree branches, possums, other vermin and so on and so on. We also have an ‘undesirable’ boyfriend of a neighbour with a less than savoury reputation as a possible suspect but I think it more likely he was up to something nefarious with regard to the often empty property next door, than stalking Morgan and unless his gf had some hitherto unspoken grudge against Morgan why would she cover for his ‘obsession’ with another woman?

The thing is I’m seeing that the cops really did have very little to go on here. There was no actual intrusion inside the house, no property damage, no assaults, no phone calls, no texts, no emails, no letters, packages or physical contact of any kind from the stalker, no spoken or written threats. How many times do we read of women who try to report stalkers with ample solid evidence of harassment being told the cops can’t do anything heck won’t even come out unless there’s an actual attack? I’m at a loss as to what exactly they expected the cops to do beyond what they did do which was respond again and again, search the property and surrounding area for an intruder. They couldn’t exactly station an officer at the house 24/7 which is what this family seemed to expect, without wanting to be unkind, that’s not a realistic expectation given limited police resources everywhere. And these things only happened AT the house it seems - I’m reading claims here that Morgan was followed in her car but I must have missed that in the blog and given that she was already anxious and jumpy she might have been inclined to see anyone on foot, in a car anywhere as a potential follower especially with such a predictable routine as she appeared to have which would have made it very easy for a stalker to dog her footsteps on campus, her friends' homes and hang outs.

Morgan’s death. Obviously we’re only part way through the account of events but was there any evidence of a break-in on the day/night of Morgan’s death? Why, if the whole family was so convinced she was in danger, was she left alone at the house that day anyway? Her mother said she wasn’t suicidal but then contradicts herself saying how Morgan had lost weight, had dark circles under her eyes because she wasn’t sleeping, was lethargic, couldn’t get up the enthusiasm for even her ballet classes, not eating - all clear signs to me of depression. The medication, once again, the mother says she hadn’t been prescribed it for over two years but did indicate there were pill bottles with some remaining pills around the home. Maybe Morgan found the remaining pills and, desperate for some sleep, overdosed accidentally? There were no signs of physical trauma on her body indicating someone forced her to swallow the drug or were there and I missed it? And that someone poisoned something only she was likely to drink or eat appears improbable to me, very strong chances are someone else within the home would have eaten or drunk the item in question. Like I say, I dunno.

this is worth quoting

i'm surprised so many people are buying into the parents account of events. the way they've turned it into a little suspense story is also distasteful at best

This thread is closed for a bit until we can establish some posting guidelines for this unique case. Thanks everyone!

Here are some ground rules for posting on this unique case:

1)no bashing of the family; THIS INCLUDES THE FORMAT OF THE BLOG
2)no sleuthing of the family
3)discuss the blog posts
4)do not copy and paste blog comments
5)no speculation on mental illness of the family or Morgan (there is nothing in the msm to back this up)
6)use the alert button to communicate any posts that you have a question with
7)leave the snark and personal attacks at the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members