CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, the coroner wouldn't return her calls for any matter, so it didn't necessarily have anything to do with her nails.

But didn't the coroner tell her it probably happened in transit? Ugh, the blog needs a better search feature. Could be him covering his butt for accidentally doing...something? Who knows.

Mom says this happened somewhere between the coroner's and the funeral home, so the broken nails would not have been indicative of defense wounds. On the other hand, why would the coroner/funeral home owner cut them and then deny it?

I am not positive, but I think Mom's position is that Morgan had a manicure the day before she died; the nails were done as a "french" manicure. The coroner said that there were no issues with the nails, and the funeral parlor said "they were like that when she got here." In other words, the last time Mom saw Morgan, her nails were perfect. The next time she saw them was at the funeral parlor, and the nails were broken. So, sometime between then damage was done to the nails. The question is, when...and why.

Thus, one would wonder if these are defensive breaks. Morgan was right handed, and these were the pinky, ring, and middle finger of her right hand. Which means, if Morgan cut them, it would have been with her left hand...her non dominant hand.

Alternatively, if someone was attacking her, and she's right handed, the hand which would do the most grabbing would be her dominant hand, the right hand. Since the nails were somehow broken (or cut), it is reasonable to question how those breaks got there.

Best-
Herding Cats

But didn't the coroner tell her it probably happened in transit? Ugh, the blog needs a better search feature. Could be him covering his butt for accidentally doing...something? Who knows.
Agree on the search feature.

This one may be for the conspiracy theorists, but my eyebrows raised when I read that the funeral home is owned by the Coroner. :eek: Or is it just me?

Btw, I thought it was courageous of Mom to post the "HUGE coverup in Garfield County?" on the FB.

IIRC, TI said she contacted the pathologist (is that right, the person that did the first autopsy?), he said M's nails were perfect and that if they were broken it had to have happened on the way to, or at, the funeral home.

Samples of hair, nails and the like are taken,
How else would they take samples of the nails without tearing-clipping some off?

I have so much empathy for Toni and Steve. To think that by honoring M's wishes (to be cremated) that this could be a hurdle to overcome if there is another investigation.

Also, to have gone thru 3 COD's (so far)...natural causes...then suicide...currently inconclusive. I don't know how they find the strength each day, but I know that Toni has posted that she feels that Morgan is helping.

SIGH. :heartbeat:

Ahh! I stand corrected. :p

Now I have to go back and find the MLS listing I had seen before, where it showed the property had sold for much less than it's value!

I have so much empathy for Toni and Steve. To think that by honoring M's wishes (to be cremated) that this could be a hurdle to overcome if there is another investigation.

Also, to have gone thru 3 COD's (so far)...natural causes...then suicide...currently inconclusive. I don't know how they find the strength each day, but I know that Toni has posted that she feels that Morgan is helping.

SIGH. :heartbeat:

ITA.It must be a yo yo ride for them.

I could just be extremely confused (as life with a toddler will do to anyone!). I do know the house sold, but it would make sense that after Morgan's death, the owner knew they wouldn't be able to find tenants, so they sold the property?

This one may be for the conspiracy theorists, but my eyebrows raised when I read that the funeral home is owned by the Coroner. :eek: Or is it just me?

Btw, I thought it was courageous of Mom to post the "HUGE coverup in Garfield County?" on the FB.

Honestly, I am a little worried for her because you never know if something might trigger retaliation or more stalking issues if she is still living in that area.....I mean seriously, is anyone else concerned for her? :what:

I dont know about other states but coroners are voted in here. We have had some that got voted in that did own funeral homes.

Carbondale is a pretty small town. I am from a small Southern town and it's really common for the coroner to own the funeral home. Built in customers, so to speak.

I want this in my pasture-
I'll see you and raise you one

20120615-130448.jpg

from the blog: http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=32

One thing about owning a funeral home you dont have to worry about the economy and lack of business.:what:

I thought coroner was an appointed position and not the same thing as an ME. Like, the coroner signs off on COD / death certs. but does not necessarily perform the autopsies.

I could just be extremely confused (as life with a toddler will do to anyone!). I do know the house sold, but it would make sense that after Morgan's death, the owner knew they wouldn't be able to find tenants, so they sold the property?

I think the house had been scheduled to be sold and it is around the same time this occurred.

I think she's putting herself at risk, and she knows it. (Remember her post along the lines of, "if you hear a murder/suicide about us, don't believe it..")?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesrobert