CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there WAS someone there. I for the life of me cannot recall which post mentioned this; I think it was in the post itself and not the comments; but Toni recorded one incident in September of last year when Steve ran out of the house immediately after hearing someone banging on the windows. He ran a full circle around the house, and saw no one. BUT when he and Toni reviewed the video footage later that evening, a figure had been following Steve the entire time, around the house. Which is pretty brilliant when you think about it; of course someone running after someone is not going to think of turning around to look behind them.

Does anyone else remember this incident posted on the blog? Did I remember it correctly?

Are you talking about the person on the wildlife cam the night that LE was there?

If the ranch did keep those types of meds in an unlocked fridge..........I bet they don't now.

Are you talking about the person on the wildlife cam the night that LE was there?

No. It was one of the more recent posts. If I can find the link I'll post it, otherwise I'm hoping someone else recalls reading that and can corroborate that I read it correctly.

The lights going off really dont mean that much to me. I let my dogs out to pee and if they get in the right spot along the fence it triggers my neighbors lights. So many things can trigger them off. Im fascinated with the cameras tho and how they pick up S but no one else. The only explanation I have right now is no one else was there. so these noises may have a logical explanation. Actually, if I had just experienced what they did in the last post I would have done some investigating the next day around the property for something loose that rattles or rubs against something. This leads the reader away from thinking it was a stalker to other things.

I really think there may have been someone out there a time or 2 and someone developed a bad case of the heebe geebes.

In fact now that I think about it, if she WERE so freaked out she had to sleep near her parents why wouldn't they just put another small bed in the room? That way they would hear what SHE heard and she wouldn't be terrorized by strange noises and having to text from the closet.

The texting was not from the closet, but from her room when she started sleeping in there again.

*snip*

ETA: My main point to all that rambling is that it IS such a mindf*** that the incidents described in the beginning could very well have caused the family to continuing seeing something where there may have been nothing, and that's infuriating in itself for them! I wish I could hug all of them.

Oh, I totally I agree these things mess with your mind!

I was telling my spouse about some of the details of this story. He paused, and then told me how it is possible to see inside the house from the roof. He told me about how 15 yrs ago when he was decorating for Christmas he got up on the roof to put the lights up. He was leaning over attaching the lights to the window when he saw someone inside walk by (me) and it startled him so much he almost fell off the roof! He never told me about this! But now I know why he always turns the blind up and not down. You can see in still if they are pointed down. I'm sure he didn't tell me because my imagination would have gotten the better of me considering we practically lived in the woods.

So, keep blinds turned up, not down. ;)

But there WAS someone there. I for the life of me cannot recall which post mentioned this; I think it was in the post itself and not the comments; but Toni recorded one incident in September of last year when Steve ran out of the house immediately after hearing someone banging on the windows. He ran a full circle around the house, and saw no one. BUT when he and Toni reviewed the video footage later that evening, a figure had been following Steve the entire time, around the house. Which is pretty brilliant when you think about it; of course someone running after someone is not going to think of turning around to look behind them.

Does anyone else remember this incident posted on the blog? Did I remember it correctly?

There was a figure and it was Toni following the dad. It was just reposted in the blog post stating, "of course there was a stalker"

The texting was not from the closet, but from her room when she started sleeping in there again.

I thought I remembered a couple of times when she texted from the closet because the windows were open (*shakes head*) and they didn't want the stalker to be able to hear them talking if she spoke out.

reminder: everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this case and this includes whether they believe it or disbelieve it.

There was a figure and it was Toni following the dad. It was just reposted in the blog post stating, "of course there was a stalker"

Yes, that post, but different thing. Here it is:

Then in a weird, weird sequence Steve was giving chase around the house one night and when reviewing the video cameras later, stopped, said some colorful things, and told me, ”I thought I was chasing him!” ”He was following behind me the whole time.” He could tell by the way the motion detector lights were going off behind him and then back on.

So I mis-remembered part of it: there was no FIGURE visible behind him, but from the video that they replayed after the fact Steve sounded certain that the stalker was following him based on how the motion detector lights were going off as he ran by, then on again.

You've read that whole blog and think that?

I've read the entire blog and feel similarly.

As many of us have stated, a few incidents in the beginning would have made every single tiny thing seem monumental. I think it's possible someone was toying with them/Morgan in the beginning, but based on no video evidence after the noises they kept hearing, that it became imagination running berserk (understandably of course!!).

Also, as I've stated, I will wait till the end of the story to form a concrete opinion, but that's the side of the fence I'm leaning toward.

So I mis-remembered part of it: there was no FIGURE visible behind him, but from the video that they replayed after the fact Steve sounded certain that the stalker was following him based on how the motion detector lights were going off as he ran by, then on again.

I wonder if one of the dogs were behind him? Or a neighborhood cat? It's freaky but I just don't see how they'd have video of S but not of stalker *sigh* So frustrating.

The lights going off really dont mean that much to me. I let my dogs out to pee and if they get in the right spot along the fence it triggers my neighbors lights. So many things can trigger them off. Im fascinated with the cameras tho and how they pick up S but no one else. The only explanation I have right now is no one else was there. so these noises may have a logical explanation. Actually, if I had just experienced what they did in the last post I would have done some investigating the next day around the property for something loose that rattles or rubs against something. This leads the reader away from thinking it was a stalker to other things.

We really need to know a lot more about the motion detectors and the cameras to know what was happening.

The motion detectors operate on infrared light. . .there are ways to get around them. But regardless of that, where were the sensors aimed? Were they aimed 3ft off the ground, like is recommended, to avoid small animals setting them off? What areas were they actually covering? They fan out from the light and do have blind spots.

Were the cameras motion activated too? Or was it continuous video? Motion activated would only take pics if there was something moving (and emitting heat.) How long was the delay?

Lots of questions, but I don't think we can just assume that there was no one there. There are too many ways around these types of things, and all it takes is Google to be able to figure them out.

MOO

I've read the entire blog and feel similarly.

As many of us have stated, a few incidents in the beginning would have made every single tiny thing seem monumental. I think it's possible someone was toying with them/Morgan in the beginning, but based on no video evidence after the noises they kept hearing, that it became imagination running berserk (understandably of course!!).

Also, as I've stated, I will wait till the end of the story to form a concrete opinion, but that's the side of the fence I'm leaning toward.

I agree.

My neighbor has motion detector lights and they go on whenever I walk too far to the left on my driveway - and they stay on for a good 30 seconds or longer. If someone were chasing someone around the house how could the lights be going on and off that quickly to indicate someone else was also triggering them? What would be the point of motion detector lights that are triggered on and then turn right back off? I thought the point was to flood the area with light to 1) scare someone away, or 2) be able to see what is out there in the dark.

I really think there may have been someone out there a time or 2 and someone developed a bad case of the heebe geebes.

I recently stayed up late watching something scary on TV. I was home alone with DD while my husband was traveling out of the country. It was July, so hot out, and our bedroom windows were open (2nd floor). All evening our two large dogs were extremely restless. Barking at the windows into the darkness of night, pacing, whining, not themselves at all. We live on acreage in rural WA, moderately remote and isolated (there are neighbors, but not within screaming distance, lol.)

Went to bed and the dogs were still restless and pacing. From the bedroom to the front door, back to the bedroom, then to the front window barking again.

I laid in bed and could hear all sorts of knocks and taps and creaks. Then, all of a sudden, I hear this super odd "wrrrrrrroooo! wrrrrrrrroooo!" coming from under my bedroom window, very close to the house coming from just past the treeline on the edge of our yard. "wrrrrrroooo! wrrrrrrroooo!"

It was unlike any wildlife I'd ever heard, though I'm almost always asleep by this hour. I first checked on DD and closed her windows, then ran around the house and locked up all the other open windows. I made sure all lights were off, inside and out (because anyone out in the yard would need a flashlight unless they were equipped with night vision goggles.) I turned on the security alarm and put both the home phone and cell phone in my pockets, pepper spray in hand. I went window by window, with my dogs, and stared into the darkness, looking for movement. The dogs continued growling and behaving strangely.

I was utterly convinced that there was a human presence in my woods, casing the house or preparing to come in and axe murder us in our sleep. That odd noise was a voice signal to their partner, likely out front. I eventually went back to bed and just laid there, hyper sensitive, reacting to every noise. I got zero sleep. I must have run around the house with the phone poised to dial 911 6 or 7 times that night.

But nothing happened apart from the noises.

The next morning, I saw the neighbor and she said, "boy, since you got those chickens, the racoons have been going to town! I think they're partying in your woods!" I stared at her, confused. Turns out the racoons always start up in the wee hours of the morning, long after I've gone to sleep, so I've never heard them or my dogs reacting to them. But my neighbor, who's a night owl, has heard them every night since I got chickens - they were passing through her property to visit our coop (which, incidentally, is located just under my bedroom windows, at the edge of the yard near the woods.)

My point is that my overactive imagination and already hyper sensitive state created a whole story out of something completely innocent. I was mere seconds away from calling the police because I was sure there were people on my property. Now, had the neighbor not intervened when she did, this may have gone on for several nights. Add some sleep deprivation to the recipe and you have a completely rational, generally fearless woman cowering in her house in the dark afraid of something that isn't really there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie