CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say animals were setting it off.

Wouldn't we see at least............several animals on camera...........if we are going natural causes?

We know it picked up a deer outside M window that night so I would think there are other ones too that we arent going to hear about.

Going back and reading select blog entries, I noticed this.

"One time during the stalking, after a few overheard attempts to use the keypad, Morgan’s code was changed."

http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=1243

Why are they sure that the stalker was using Morgan's code, and not the parents'? She says they had separate codes and speculates (elsewhere in the blog) that the stalker may have watched them input the code using a rifle scope or some other form of observation and deduction. How do they know that he was attempting to enter one code and not the other?

My neighbor has motion detector lights and they go on whenever I walk too far to the left on my driveway - and they stay on for a good 30 seconds or longer. If someone were chasing someone around the house how could the lights be going on and off that quickly to indicate someone else was also triggering them? What would be the point of motion detector lights that are triggered on and then turn right back off? I thought the point was to flood the area with light to 1) scare someone away, or 2) be able to see what is out there in the dark.

The motion sensors we have on our garage are the same, last for 30 seconds and throw light right down the driveway as far as the sidewalk - I wonder, though, if some types can be set to shorter time intervals?

I recently stayed up late watching something scary on TV. I was home alone with DD while my husband was traveling out of the country. It was July, so hot out, and our bedroom windows were open (2nd floor). All evening our two large dogs were extremely restless. Barking at the windows into the darkness of night, pacing, whining, not themselves at all. We live on acreage in rural WA, moderately remote and isolated (there are neighbors, but not within screaming distance, lol.)

Went to bed and the dogs were still restless and pacing. From the bedroom to the front door, back to the bedroom, then to the front window barking again.

I laid in bed and could hear all sorts of knocks and taps and creaks. Then, all of a sudden, I hear this super odd "wrrrrrrroooo! wrrrrrrrroooo!" coming from under my bedroom window, very close to the house coming from just past the treeline on the edge of our yard. "wrrrrrroooo! wrrrrrrroooo!"

It was unlike any wildlife I'd ever heard, though I'm almost always asleep by this hour. I first checked on DD and closed her windows, then ran around the house and locked up all the other open windows. I made sure all lights were off, inside and out (because anyone out in the yard would need a flashlight unless they were equipped with night vision goggles.) I turned on the security alarm and put both the home phone and cell phone in my pockets, pepper spray in hand. I went window by window, with my dogs, and stared into the darkness, looking for movement. The dogs continued growling and behaving strangely.

I was utterly convinced that there was a human presence in my woods, casing the house or preparing to come in and axe murder us in our sleep. That odd noise was a voice signal to their partner, likely out front. I eventually went back to bed and just laid there, hyper sensitive, reacting to every noise. I got zero sleep. I must have run around the house with the phone poised to dial 911 6 or 7 times that night.

But nothing happened apart from the noises.

The next morning, I saw the neighbor and she said, "boy, since you got those chickens, the racoons have been going to town! I think they're partying in your woods!" I stared at her, confused. Turns out the racoons always start up in the wee hours of the morning, long after I've gone to sleep, so I've never heard them or my dogs reacting to them. But my neighbor, who's a night owl, has heard them every night since I got chickens - they were passing through her property to visit our coop (which, incidentally, is located just under my bedroom windows, at the edge of the yard near the woods.)

My point is that my overactive imagination and already hyper sensitive state created a whole story out of something completely innocent. I was mere seconds away from calling the police because I was sure there were people on my property. Now, had the neighbor not intervened when she did, this may have gone on for several nights. Add some sleep deprivation to the recipe and you have a completely rational, generally fearless woman cowering in her house in the dark afraid of something that isn't really there.

The motion sensors we have on our garage are the same, last for 30 seconds and throw light right down the driveway as far as the sidewalk - I wonder, though, if some types can be set to shorter time intervals?

I wondered about settings too, believe me I wish my neighbor would change his, lol. However, if you're trying to catch a stalker I would think you'd want the lights on as long as possible, not turning right back off.

So today I have my "rational" hat on.

What if Morgan had a boy coming over on and off? At first, he snuck in via the roof but then the gutter broke. So then he started coming in via the sliding doors with the broken locks (possibly broken on purpose.) But then the parents had these fixed and put in the cameras, so Morgan gave him the code to use on the door. But he wasn't counting on Toni being awake and sitting on the sofa in the dark, and when he noticed her he ran for it.

Could Morgan's parents have been strict with regards to her comings/goings, so she snuck out and snuck a boyfriend in? Maybe initially the stalker idea was perpetuated by her to explain her parents hearing the sneaking sounds? Then it just all spun out of control?

Now, I'm just pulling this out of thin air. It's not really likely or plausible, but is it any less plausible than a stalker who is brilliant enough to go almost completely undetected, despite numerous cameras and Morgan's parents on constant alert, running around the yard giving chase, yet never seeing anything but a red dot and a single image of a man (which could have been the boyfriend, including his attempt to knock the camera down to avoid detection)?

A sneaky neighborhood boyfriend and an overactive imagination could also explain everything - footprint, broken locks, broken gutter, folding chair being moved, path through the buffer area, etc.

Based on what we have so far, this is no less plausible than the existence of a stalker, as always, subject to change until I see more evidence and info.

So the I's chase the stalker round and round the house, but the whole time he's in M's room hiding, with her consent? I've thought of that, too, but what I keep getting back to is nothing appearing on the cameras. If the guy had been invited by her, stalking her, hiding on the roof, or chasing dad around the house; he'd still have to get to the property and would have been got more than once on the cameras.

So today I have my "rational" hat on.

What if Morgan had a boy coming over on and off? At first, he snuck in via the roof but then the gutter broke. So then he started coming in via the sliding doors with the broken locks (possibly broken on purpose.) But then the parents had these fixed and put in the cameras, so Morgan gave him the code to use on the door. But he wasn't counting on Toni being awake and sitting on the sofa in the dark, and when he noticed her he ran for it.

Could Morgan's parents have been strict with regards to her comings/goings, so she snuck out and snuck a boyfriend in? Maybe initially the stalker idea was perpetuated by her to explain her parents hearing the sneaking sounds? Then it just all spun out of control?

Now, I'm just pulling this out of thin air. It's not really likely or plausible, but is it any less plausible than a stalker who is brilliant enough to go almost completely undetected, despite numerous cameras and Morgan's parents on constant alert, running around the yard giving chase, yet never seeing anything but a red dot and a single image of a man (which could have been the boyfriend, including his attempt to knock the camera down to avoid detection)?

A sneaky neighborhood boyfriend and an overactive imagination could also explain everything - footprint, broken locks, broken gutter, folding chair being moved, path through the buffer area, etc.

Based on what we have so far, this is no less plausible than the existence of a stalker, as always, subject to change until I see more evidence and info.

What I'm about to say is proof of absolutely nothing. But, whenever someone brings up that Morgan could have been sneaking a guy in, my mind automatically goes right to my own daughter. My daughter - sigh - nothing but trouble the past 5 years. A couple good things thrown in here and there, like taking the California exam and getting her diploma 18 month early, but even that has proven to be most likely a bad idea as now she does nothing with her life but sleep during the day, text all night, no school, no job, etc.

My kid, for the past 5 years, has done just about every thing you hope and pray your kid will never do. It seems she has no goals in life but to do the opposite of what I say. I remember when she was little and used to play that opposite day game - little did I know she would never stop.

She HAS had guys over when I'm sleeping - many, many times. Some through the door, some through her upstairs bedroom window, some through the slider.

So, when I hear that Morgan may have been doing the same (and I guess she could have been), it just doesn't jive with me as compared to my own situation with my daughter. Morgan was busy, had plans, had goals, was an achiever. I realize teens will be teens, but from personal experience with my kid, she was just not the type to do that sort of behavior. I would give so much for my daughter to start having the same goals and interests that Morgan seemed to have. Anything - just get OFF THE COUCH!!

I'm just gonna put it a out there; all JMO:

- do I think someone was tapping on their windows, in the beginning, with the goal of terrorizing one or more of the ingrams? Yes.

- do I think, no matter how benign the incidences may seem, he/she created a terrifying environment for them and was a total mindf*** for months? Abso-*advertiser censored**ing-lutely.

- do I think this 'stalker' killed Morgan? No.

- do I think Morgan took her own life? Ehhhh...maybe. Haven't decided.

- do I think TI is too stuck on the 'stalker murdered my daughter' theory? Definitely. There are very suspicious and alarming circumstances that she mentions, almost in passing, in the comments sections that raise serious red flags for me, that I believe should be investigated more thoroughly than just focusing on the possible stalker angle.

Morgans parents seem pretty darn cool.

I think if she wanted to have a guy over she would have told them.....can x come over and watch a movie, we're fine mom go to bed.

I'm just gonna put it a out there; all JMO:

- do I think someone was tapping on their windows, in the beginning, with the goal of terrorizing one or more of the ingrams? Yes.

- do I think, no matter how benign the incidences may seem, he/she created a terrifying environment for them and was a total mindf*** for months? Abso-*advertiser censored**ing-lutely.

- do I think this 'stalker' killed Morgan? No.

- do I think Morgan took her own life? Ehhhh...maybe. Haven't decided.

- do I think TI is too stuck on the 'stalker murdered my daughter' theory? Definitely. There are very suspicious and alarming circumstances that she mentions, almost in passing, in the comments sections that raise serious red flags for me, that I believe should be investigated more thoroughly than just focusing on the possible stalker angle.

I agree. Add in the 4 hr not answering her text that day when she had been faithfully texting back. 2 weeks before her death and up to it is the time that raises red flags for me.Maybe someone accidently murdered her.

What I'm about to say is proof of absolutely nothing. But, whenever someone brings up that Morgan could have been sneaking a guy in, my mind automatically goes right to my own daughter. My daughter - sigh - nothing but trouble the past 5 years. A couple good things thrown in here and there, like taking the California exam and getting her diploma 18 month early, but even that has proven to be most likely a bad idea as now she does nothing with her life but sleep during the day, text all night, no school, no job, etc.

My kid, for the past 5 years, has done just about every thing you hope and pray your kid will never do. It seems she has no goals in life but to do the opposite of what I say. I remember when she was little and used to play that opposite day game - little did I know she would never stop.

She HAS had guys over when I'm sleeping - many, many times. Some through the door, some through her upstairs bedroom window, some through the slider.

So, when I hear that Morgan may have been doing the same (and I guess she could have been), it just doesn't jive with me as compared to my own situation with my daughter. Morgan was busy, had plans, had goals, was an achiever. I realize teens will be teens, but from personal experience with my kid, she was just not the type to do that sort of behavior. I would give so much for my daughter to start having the same goals and interests that Morgan seemed to have. Anything - just get OFF THE COUCH!!

I think it depends on the kid. I know of quite a few girls I have been friends with who in high school, with many goals and activities and jobs, only really even had time for their boyfriends "after hours" and would sneak him in at night. So IMO, it is still quite possible Morgan was hiding a boyfriend, especially considering how... helicopter... her parents seem to have been. (Not saying that's bad, just that Morgan was REALLY accepting of a mother insisting she be home by 10pm... maybe because she knew her BF would simply come over and sneak in? No big deal then, right? Just speculation! <3)

Could this male and female suspected be a case of a serial peeper who goes out at night for " long walks". Maybe she thinks he's sneaking over to see Morgan so starts her own sneaking around and dislike of Morgan out of teeny bopper jealousy.

*snip*
There are very suspicious and alarming circumstances that she mentions, almost in passing, in the comments sections that raise serious red flags for me, that I believe should be investigated more thoroughly than just focusing on the possible stalker angle.

Absolutely!! I wish she would at LEAST go back and edit in those comments into the original post. It's really REALLY frustrating when someone mentions something, and I had already read the post, the comment was posted later, and I have to go BACK to read the comments... sometimes days later! Put ALL the info, PLEASE! :maddening:

This is exactly where I am, too.

Especially after reading the personal accounts posted here by some brave WSers who were stalking victims.

I really can imagine how it could skew your reality and become a mind***k. Even after the stalking stops, I can see how easily one might jump at every noise, note every car driving by, feel as though someone has been in your home, etc.

What an awful thing to experience, it's like a cruel gift that keeps on giving.

It does not mean the Ingrams fabricated anything, just that fear may have altered their reality. I would also like to know more about the family dynamic before making up my mind 100%, but I am really leaning towards the idea that a brief, mean spirited prank caused perceptions to run amok.

BBM: I don't think Morgan had the typical kind of stalker like some members here had. I really don't. I see it as possibly being that girl that was mad at her and deciding to torment her and probably along with some friends. Most stalkers are obsessed with the person - I think Morgan's stalker was obsessed with hating her and making her pay. I don't believe, like the normal stalker, there was any type of attraction to Morgan. It seemed like Mean Girls gone mad to me.

I also sense a strong female presence behind all of this.

It's odd and even rude that the person Morgan was with wanted to go by these folks house if she wasn't interested. Did they have drugs they were sharing? What was the big deal of having to go there at that particular time.

This is total speculation, but what is one thing a person would want bad enough to discount and ignore or minimalize a friend's objection? Drugs.

Not sure, of course. o_O

I also sense a strong female presence behind all of this.

Same here. Which is what leads me to believe it was teen/YA shenanigans in the beginning that led to fear and paranoia (again, quite understandably!).

I'm assuming she went back because who she was with wanted to go. She did not go in.

I dont think its clear from the post but she only refers to the friend and the old bf so it left me with the impression she left current bf and stopped by there for 10-15 min on her way home.When she left there she was home in 10 min. So if current bf went he must have drove separately. IDK.

If Toni is correct on who it is there could be multiple motives. Perverted window peeping, female jealousy and blame, fears of burglary or drug sales being ratted out, fear of being caught after finding out they were suspected, revenge at being accused, anx maybe even fear that a past crime would be talked about.

So the I's chase the stalker round and round the house, but the whole time he's in M's room hiding, with her consent? I've thought of that, too, but what I keep getting back to is nothing appearing on the cameras. If the guy had been invited by her, stalking her, hiding on the roof, or chasing dad around the house; he'd still have to get to the property and would have been got more than once on the cameras.

I assume that every time the lights come on, doesn't necessarily mean he's there. That could be animal activity. All those nights of the dad running around the house, the mystery boyfriend may have been nowhere to be found. He may have only really snuck in a few times.

But I confess, as I said, I don't think this is necessarily plausible (the boyfriend theory). Why would Morgan put her parents through that, to perpetuate a "fake" stalker? Initially I could see her trying to explain away some sounds that they may have heard. But long term?

I was only just trying to make a point that it's no less possible than a 007 caliber stalker who manages to get close enough to the house to tap on windows without being caught on video. Who manages to enter their home undetected on one or more occasions, even with dogs and other people in the home. Who manages to evade police through 50+ visits. Who manages to avoid detection by the dad or any neighbors. Who manages to be, on rare occasions, seen but not truly "seen" (by Morgan when she took the dog out, by Toni on the porch, the one time we know of on the wildlife cam, by Morgan again when followed in her car - but not once was his face seen so far, though Toni has said there is more to come in this regard.) Who runs like the wind. Who somehow knows everything they talk about, forcing them to resort to texting inside the home. Who has access to either a high powered rifle scope or night vision goggles (red dot). Who knows what kind of prescription meds Morgan has taken in the past in order to murder her using the same drugs.

I tend to be in the Occam's Razor camp. The simplest explanation, for me thus far (as always, subject to change as Toni releases more info), is one that I can't propose because it's against TOS. The second simplest explanation is that either there was no stalker, or there were some occurrences in the early days that then went away, yet the family kept it going through their fear and paranoia.

Please don't misunderstand - I want very much to believe Toni and help her get to the bottom of Morgan's death. I can't imagine what they're going through. But at this point in time, with what we've been given, I'm just not quite there yet.

Like Gitana, the wildlife cam images give me pause, so that's what I'm trying to find rational explanations for.

BBM: I don't think Morgan had the typical kind of stalker like some members here had. I really don't. I see it as possibly being that girl that was mad at her and deciding to torment her and probably along with some friends. Most stalkers are obsessed with the person - I think Morgan's stalker was obsessed with hating her and making her pay. I don't believe, like the normal stalker, there was any type of attraction to Morgan. It seemed like Mean Girls gone mad to me.

Bingo. My stalker was CLEARLY obsessed with my every move. He knew where I was, who I was with, and what I was doing every second of the day. He watched me like it was his job. He followed me. He intruded on my personal space, but NEVER when I was present. This sounds weird, but its the truth, so try to understand where I'm coming from... He was obsessed with me and it was scary, but it's almost like he respected me. He wanted to know all of the details of my life, but would always keep his distance, almost as if he didn't want to frighten me into thinking he wanted to harm me. MI's stalker/whatever set about fully intending to terrorize her and scare the ever living ***** out of her.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member