CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see 5 warrants, 4 Misdemeanor and 1 felony.
2 in Greenwood, one Marion county, one Bartholomew county and the FTR felony in Johnson Co. Just want to be accurate , I know the FTR felony may be the only thing that would matter.
I am still upset that the court in Bartholomew only charged him with a Misdemeanor for the indecency. IN law states indecency is a felony if there are other incidents even in another state. But they didn't check his background. Nor do any of the courts know when he has violated his probation or is in or out of jail.
Your right. I didn't look at the individual charges under each reference number. (2 for Greenwood)
Based on the extradition info posted by Frosted, they could just show up as he is released and arrest him. They could avoid extradition costs that way. If he is a serious POI for Delphi, then that is what I would expect. If they let him walk, I will think he is low on their list. :cow:

I see 5 warrants, 4 Misdemeanor and 1 felony.
2 in Greenwood, one Marion county, one Bartholomew county and the FTR felony in Johnson Co. Just want to be accurate , I know the FTR felony may be the only thing that would matter.
I am still upset that the court in Bartholomew only charged him with a Misdemeanor for the indecency. IN law states indecency is a felony if there are other incidents even in another state. But they didn't check his background. Nor do any of the courts know when he has violated his probation or is in or out of jail.
Maybe they'll upgrade the Bartholomew one to a felony now they know about his previous record do you think? Why did he go to Columbus that day anyway unless it was to expose himself?

I have just pulled up the Marion Superior court charges again and there are 3 separate charges listed 1) marijuana possession 2) drug paraphernalia possession 3) driving while not having a licence. Take a look at the details and there was all sorts of court actions going on between Nov 2016 and May 2017, some actions just listed as "off the record" with others shown as rescheduled hearings. This was an important period as it shows he was driving in Nov 2016. I wonder what he was driving at that time? ( This was just a matter of weeks before Delphi.)
A warrant was eventually issued by Marion for these charges on 25 May 2017.
So there are 7 outstanding charges from Indiana altogether.

Unless they are including them with the Clear Creek charge of false reporting?

Speaking of Clear Creek, I just realized I failed to record DN's upcoming Court date.

Is it Jan. 15th?

And, what time of day? Tia.

I cannot see a chance he gets his children back unless he and KN are accepted into some program to help give them family life skills. If you are still living in a shelter with no job or transportation you don't get your kids until you have made some changes. We don't know what is going on with KN. First you have to apply to a program, there aren't a lot and there is generally a wait. So if she has been applying, she has not posted on SM asking her friends and family for prayers or references. Some are faith based but if she has been going to a church that can help her she has not posted about it. But I think someone may be helping her because her posts have changed and focus just on her kids.

BBM - Ty for your insight ocgrad as I know next to nothing about the subject.

And, after El Paso Court awarded DN (3) yrs probation for all his crimes there, I've got a hinky feeling that the CT may have been soft on him due to thinking he suffers PTSD stemming from being a VET.

I'm wondering if CT may have been thinking that this homeless VET, with all the strikes against him, would have zero chance of getting his children back if he was in prison, to boot! <my hinky feelings only>

Jan 24th @ 10 AM Appearance by Attorney

Thanks Cath! I added this to my notes before I started typing this. (:

I saw your later post, too, regarding the original CT Date had been for the 15th.

Sooo, we have a postponement already. Well, it's a good thing we're used to waiting, right !? LOL

Speaking of Clear Creek, I just realized I failed to record DN's upcoming Court date.

Is it Jan. 15th?

And, what time of day? Tia.
I see others have answered. I thought it was 10th. 24th allows more time for an extradition request/ phone records/ballistics/etc. :wink: But I guess he could bail out - it was only set at £500 iIRC.

I am extremely shocked that DN has gotten away with such a light sentence considering the seriousness of his illegal possession of a firearm, here is an article from a legal firm in CO. He could have had 3 years in jail and possibly a $100,000 fine.
https://www.shouselaw.com/colorado/weapons/CO_POWPO.html

BBM - You and me both! I'm staggered by the CT's decision especially given all the maniacs we have in the States running around killing groups of innocent strangers. (And, no, I'm not saying that DN is a mass murderer or spree killer, but imo his behavior raises a lot of red flags.)

I see others have answered. I thought it was 10th. 24th allows more time for an extradition request/ phone records/ballistics/etc. :wink: But I guess he could bail out - it was only set at £500 iIRC.

You are so funny...but I hope you're right.

Now, about that bail amt...I'm off to get my rate conversion calculator. (:

BBM - Ty for your insight ocgrad as I know next to nothing about the subject.

And, after El Paso Court awarded DN (3) yrs probation for all his crimes there, I've got a hinky feeling that the CT may have been soft on him due to thinking he suffers PTSD stemming from being a VET.

I'm wondering if CT may have been thinking that this homeless VET, with all the strikes against him, would have zero chance of getting his children back if he was in prison, to boot! <my hinky feelings only>
Oh I completely agree that he appeals for sympathy and compassion, over and over. But the courts have to protect children I think. I wonder where DN will live when released? A homeless shelter I suppose. I think if their car could be returned (it was probably titled to KN) they would have to pay the impound fee so it may be prohibitive; no more living in a car for a while. He will have to have the mental health evaluation and perhaps go on medication then he may have visitation with them. That's all just my opinion.

Maybe they'll upgrade the Bartholomew one to a felony now they know about his previous record do you think? Why did he go to Columbus that day anyway unless it was to expose himself?
Can they do that at this point in the process? I hadn't thought of that.
I can tell you if some man were in the stall next to me doing that in a gas station restroom I would feel very repulsed and violated and when I found out his criminal record and then knew that he didn't get charged or have to serve any time, I would be very upset! I would be talking to every reporter I could! How easily could there have been a child in the restroom! But then to hear on the news that he had become violent and threatening and may have been high! I would not let those who are publicly elected officials in Bartholomew County slide. If they can correct their mistake they should do so! I wonder why the media is not interested in this? I am still pretty surprised that something like a grown man masturbating in a women's restroom is taken so lightly! I guess it's not violent , but it seems, I don't know? one step away from rape! I wonder what the statistics are for men who rape who have previously exposed themselves?

Oh I completely agree that he appeals for sympathy and compassion, over and over. But the courts have to protect children I think. I wonder where DN will live when released? A homeless shelter I suppose. I think if their car could be returned (it was probably titled to KN) they would have to pay the impound fee so it may be prohibitive; no more living in a car for a while. He will have to have the mental health evaluation and perhaps go on medication then he may have visitation with them. That's all just my opinion.
I think they're preparing somewhere for him in Indiana. :jail:
:cow:

Nb. When you pull up his 7 pending Indiana charges on in.mycase they all have red "W"s on them.

what do red W's mean??? that sounds ominous.

Okay Folks, RE: DN, there is a meeting tomorrow @ 1:30, it is a meeting see below: This is on the El Paso Jail site for DN.
It is an Appearance of Counsel, for trespassing. Tomorrow is a day to be watching he has Court in El Paso County. Which may be the extradition. Plus he has two holds for "Mug and Prints,"
Court DateCourt DivDegreeCourt Case NumberBond TypeBond AmountRelease Date
None OCWC0102017M000222C/S/P$500.00
01/09/18 1:30ADV COURT CJCPRELIM 1NO BOND$0.00

Holds
DescriptionHolds Code
Hold for Mug and PrintsMUG PRINTS
Hold for Mug and PrintsMUG PRINTS
Out of County WarrantOCW
Out of County WarrantOCW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online