CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a lot of the links (not all, but most). I was halfway through and thought 'this sounds like Chicago politics', which is pretty sad for a place like CO. I have to admit, after reading and then seeing Jax's youtube link that a detective isn't happy with DN's sentence, it does make me wonder even more about this situation (pile that on top of wondering how he slipped through cracks in IN). If the guy can't manage to keep his SO registry current it's hard to envision him keeping up with his probation check-ins. Or if he doesn't get his "babies" back, what kind of reaction that will trigger. It's a frightening thought.

I guess it remains to be seen how all this ultimately plays out, but something sure seems fishy and I don't believe this is the last we will be seeing of DN's crimes. Mostly I just wanted to say it's easy to understand the locals' frustration and even outrage about how this whole thing went down.
I imagine not getting his kids back will be very difficult and may even make things worse for him. Especially since he does not have a family to offer any support or encouragement. He will need a VERY strong and supportive PO and mental health counselor, maybe medication, the support of a church, or we can look for this to not work well for him. Maybe there are vet benefits that can help him get some stability so he can at least have visits with his kids. Will his wife help him pick up the pieces yet again?

he is a psychopath. He needs to be behind bars. MOO

He will also have to pay $50/month.

Interesting...first I've heard of this $50.00 a month that DN will be obligated to pay.

This man imo really needs to get a steady job, but it's hard to imagine many offers will be forthcoming from El Paso and Teller Counties!

Interesting...first I've heard of this $50.00 a month that DN will be obligated to pay.

This man imo really needs to get a steady job, but it's hard to imagine many offers will be forthcoming from El Paso and Teller Counties!
IMO he is heading back to Indiana after the 10th.

If he gets his children back, do you think he'll say goodbye to Colorado ??

It's like no one is hearing that he has felonies and holds in Indiana.

Hi Daey. You are better informed than I am on the situation in Indiana, can you point out the F4 felony mentioned earlier? All I found was an F6 and I've even forgotten what county that was.

Thank you.

moo

I know. I have lost track too. The level 6 is easy to find (mycase.gov). It is for jonnson county. I keep trying to Imgur it, but do-gooder DN fans flag it.

I don't know which the level 4 is, but I think a news article just got it wrong if anything. I don't think it really matters if it's level 4 or level 6. The fact that they filed it on 9/26 and he has a hold means that once Colorado goes to release him, whichever jailer is working will be flagged that he has a hold. That individual, per protocol, would call Johnson county Indiana and make sure they still want to extradite him. Also, both misdemeanors and felonies can be extraditable. The whole thing literally just depends on if the state of Indiana wants to extradite him. I can't speak for the state, obviously. But my opinion is that they will. I would bet money on it. States extradite for much less, and they filed it once they knew his whereabouts.

I know I've said this before, but I want to spell it out better to explain my opinion.

-he has several unresolved cases in Indiana, at least one felony.

-the judge in El Paso county literally heard a victim's statement that DN's violence escalated quickly, and he was terrified of DN.

-LE gave an interview and stated that his punishment should have been greater.

-he was charged with possessing a handgun as a felon, which could have easily been 3 years in prison and a federal charge if desired.

-the judge lifted the ban of LE talking to him without his attorney present (he has a public defender, and this attorney is now "done" with DN since the charges are resolved in Teller and El Paso)

-the judge and Prosecutor are aware that he strangled KN on 9/7 and broke her nose in 2015 in front of their daughter. She is "terrified" of him.

-several residents of El Paso county were threatened and harassed by this man (and KN) in August and September of 2017. The court decided to not even pursue all of those charges, even though police reports were filed.

-there are witnesses in Indiana who state he threatened to kill them with a hatchet (it's heresay, yes, but the prosecutor can still read up on what she chooses and undoubtedly has).

-he is still being investigated for 3 murders.

There is just no way they are releasing him to the streets of Colorado. The judge and prosecutor wanted this to be over with. Why? Because Indiana can have him.

What would any of you do if you were the prosecutor? Just release him on probation, to the disappointment of the public and his victims, just for he heck of it? They have enough to keep him there. They don't want him.

https://imgur.com/gallery/11lab

Hi Daey. You are better informed than I am on the situation in Indiana, can you point out the F4 felony mentioned earlier? All I found was an F6 and I've even forgotten what county that was.

Thank you.

moo

I know. I have lost track too. The level 6 is easy to find (mycase.gov).

I don't know which the level 4 is, but I think a news article just got it wrong if anything. I don't think it really matters if it's level 4 or level 6. The fact that they filed it on 9/26 and he has a hold means that once Colorado goes to release him, whichever jailer is working will be flagged that he has a hold. That individual, per protocol, would call Johnson county Indiana and make sure they still want to extradite him. Also, both misdemeanors and felonies can be extraditable. The whole thing literally just depends on if the state of Indiana wants to extradite him. I can't speak for the state, obviously. But my opinion is that they will. I would bet money on it. States extradite for much less, and they filed it once they knew his whereabouts.

I know I've said this before, but I want to spell it out better to explain my opinion.

-he has several unresolved cases in Indiana, at least one felony.

-the judge in El Paso county literally heard a victim's statement that DN's violence escalated quickly, and he was terrified of DN.

-LE gave an interview and stated that his punishment should have been greater.

-he was charged with possessing a handgun as a felon, which could have easily been 3 years in prison and a federal charge if desired.

-the judge lifted the ban of LE talking to him without his attorney present (he has a public defender, and this attorney is now "done" with DN since the charges are resolved in Teller and El Paso)

-the judge and Prosecutor are aware that he strangled KN on 9/7 and broke her nose in 2015 in front of their daughter. She is "terrified" of him.

-several residents of El Paso county were threatened and harassed by this man (and KN) in August and September of 2017. The court decided to not even pursue all of those charges, even though police reports were filed.

-there are witnesses in Indiana who state he threatened to kill them with a hatchet (it's heresay, yes, but the prosecutor can still read up on what she chooses and undoubtedly has).

-he is still being investigated for 3 murders.

There is just no way they are releasing him to the streets of Colorado. The judge and prosecutor wanted this to be over with. Why? Because Indiana can have him.

What would any of you do if you were the prosecutor? Just release him on probation, to the disappoint of the public and his victims, just for he heck of it? They have enough to keep him there. They don't want him.

https://imgur.com/gallery/11lab

Thank you. We shall see how Indiana acts.

BTW, one small and I think unimportant correction -- IIRC, the gun was a rifle, not a handgun.

No, IN cannot extradite him for any and every warrant. Some warrants, including at least one (if not all four) of DN’s warrants are non-extraditable. Even if a warrant is extraditable, IN may choose not to extradite, figuring the cost is not worth it. In fact, since DN is under supervised probation in CO, and must undergo a psych test and follow any substance abuse treatment plan if ordered, there’s probably no reason for IN to get involved. Like it or not, IN LE has repeatedly tamped down public expectations about DN. Bird of Paradise even posted a link to an audio interview during which the ISP spokesperson, in agreement with the interviewer, all but said LE has lost interest in DN. Again and again, LE has emphasized that DN is just one of 1000+ who resemble BG, and just one of 500+ LE has spoken to, none of whom has been cleared. Save for a few die-hards on WS, no one seems interested in DN anymore.

I wasn't implying Indiana wants him for the murders. I was stating I do not believe they will simply let him go on his failure to register. This all has nothing to do with Delphi.

Regardless of anyone's opinions of DN, he is a loose cannon. I'm positive the judge and prosecutor know it. He has so many unresolved cases in Indiana that I think he will be brought there to face those. This would also allow Kn to live without fear of him, as well as his victims in El Paso county.

We all know a psych test and supervised probation won't work on DN. If nothing else, my opinion is that he'll serve a couple years for failing to register in Indiana.

My gut just tells me that a judge would not ignore the terror caused by this person. No judge is that stupid.

And here's why: when/if he were to be released, does anyone, literally anyone, believe he won't terrorize his wife and whatever area he chooses to set up a tent in? No. What will he do next? Who knows, but the public outcry if he hurt another innocent person would be immense. That would be entirely the judge and prosecutor's fault. They lock up habitual drunk drivers for the same reason...liability. DN is a huge liability.

I did not say that all his warrants are extraditable, but at least one is. That is all that matters. The johnson county warrant will be the one that that matters.

DN has a history of escalating violence and sexual offenses. I'm simply maintaining my opinion that his charges in Indiana will be dealt with. I could be wrong.

Here is a video from yesterday which outlines his escalation over time. It is not MSM, but it's a summary of charges.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-i9axHFP63I&feature=share

No, IN cannot extradite him for any and every warrant. Some warrants, including at least one (if not all four) of DN’s warrants are non-extraditable. Even if a warrant is extraditable, IN may choose not to extradite, figuring the cost is not worth it. In fact, since DN is under supervised probation in CO, and must undergo a psych test and follow any substance abuse treatment plan if ordered, there’s probably no reason for IN to get involved. Like it or not, IN LE has repeatedly tamped down public expectations about DN. Bird of Paradise even posted a link to an audio interview during which the ISP spokesperson, in agreement with the interviewer, all but said LE has lost interest in DN. Again and again, LE has emphasized that DN is just one of 1000+ who resemble BG, and just one of 500+ LE has spoken to, none of whom has been cleared. Save for a few die-hards on WS, no one seems interested in DN anymore.

It's like no one is hearing that he has felonies and holds in Indiana.

In my defense, just because I hear something doesn't mean I totally understand all the aspects and possible ramifications of it.

And, having recently lost all faith in my ability to predict what DAs and Courts will do, I have lots of questions!

I had been planning to specifically ask you a question today, but now feel it would be better to hold off for a few days...LOL and just kidding!

I wasn't implying Indiana wants him for the murders. I was stating I do not believe they will simply let him go on his failure to register. This all has nothing to do with Delphi.

Regardless of anyone's opinions of DN, he is a loose cannon. I'm positive the judge and prosecutor know it. He has so many unresolved cases in Indiana that I think he will be brought there to face those. This would also allow Kn to live without fear of him, as well as his victims in El Paso county.

We all know a psych test and supervised probation won't work on DN. If nothing else, my opinion is that he'll serve a couple years for failing to register in Indiana.

My gut just tells me that a judge would not ignore the terror caused by this person. No judge is that stupid.

And here's why: when/if he were to be released, does anyone, literally anyone, believe he won't terrorize his wife and whatever area he chooses to set up a tent in? No. What will he do next? Who knows, but the public outcry if he hurt another innocent person would be immense. That would be entirely the judge and prosecutor's fault. They lock up habitual drunk drivers for the same reason...liability. DN is a huge liability.

I did not say that all his warrants are extraditable, but at least one is. That is all that matters. The johnson county warrant will be the one that that matters.

DN has a history of escalating violence and sexual offenses. I'm simply maintaining my opinion that his charges in Indiana will be dealt with. I could be wrong.

Here is a video from yesterday which outlines his escalation over time. It is not MSM, but it's a summary of charges.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-i9axHFP63I&feature=share

JMO

Re BBM
I wish I had confidence like you do that he is not going to be released and free to maybe commit another crime.

Based on everything I have read I think there is a real chance he may get out. I havent seen enough to state otherwise.

"Under normal circumstances, Nations’ release would be imminent, but he has an active arrest warrant out of Clear Creek County, making the timing of his release unclear."

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/05/daniel-nations-hatchet-threat-case/

"No mention was made again that authorities are preparing charges against Nations in any other crimes"

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/El...ea-deal-in-Daniel-Nations-case-464469823.html

Thank you. We shall see how Indiana acts.

BTW, one small and I think unimportant correction -- IIRC, the gun was a rifle, not a handgun.

In some local cases here when a person had prior convictions and was not supposed to be in possession of a weapon and then is caught with a gun, that person usually gets in very serious trouble.

For some reason in this case we see him being in possession of a long gun and also admitted himself (via plea deal) that he threatened someone with a hatchet.

I cannot believe he is getting just probation and a deferred sentence for that.

I am so, so sorry if that came across as snarky, and I was NOT referring to you or anyone specifically. Actually I wasn't referring to you at all and don't even remember seeing your comments.

Furthermore, my opinions aren't anymore valuable than anyone else's. Though I do have a tendency to make it seem like they are :)

But in every forum and every article, it seems the public is assuming he's going to be back on Mt. Herman in a few days.

I posted these updates on our thread on the local Nextdoor app, and everyone on that app is in hysteria thinking he's coming after the child who he chased 4 months ago. I just think there may be more coming for DN. Or at least I can hope.

What's your question :)

In my defense, just because I hear something doesn't mean I totally understand all the aspects and possible ramifications of it.

And, having recently lost all faith in my ability to predict what DAs and Courts will do, I have lots of questions!

I had been planning to specifically ask you a question today, but now feel it would be better to hold off for a few days...LOL and just kidding!

That's my point. I could give personal accounts, like a cousin I had in Indiana, who was about as good of a person as DN. He was given 3 years for his gun as a felon. And he didn't run around chasing people with a hatchet.

Now, I know that's anecdotal and really pretty useles. I wish that there were some real statistic out there to show how easy DN got off.

I've never in my life heard of a judge who listens to a victim's terror, plus the million other victims DN has, and just says "oh well, catch you later, Mr. Criminal. Feel free to go right back to what you were doing, and be sure to check in every week." I say this is all a show right now.

Otherwise, we all know too well that's DN will hurt someone within months of his release.

In some local cases here when a person had prior convictions and was not supposed to be in possession of a weapon and then is caught with a gun, that person usually gets in very serious trouble.

For some reason in this case we see him being in possession of a long gun and also admitted himself (via plea deal) that he threatened someone with a hatchet.

I cannot believe he is getting just probation and a deferred sentence for that.

That's my point. I could give personal accounts, like a cousin I had in Indiana, who was about as good of a person as DN. He was given 3 years for his gun as a felon. And he didn't run around chasing people with a hatchet.

Now, I know that's anecdotal and really pretty useles. I wish that there were some real statistic out there to show how easy DN got off.

I've never in my life heard of a judge who listens to a victim's terror, plus the million other victims DN has, and just says "oh well, catch you later, Mr. Criminal. Feel free to go right back to what you were doing, and be sure to check in every week." I say this is all a show right now.

Otherwise, we all know too well that's DN will hurt someone within months of his release.

bbm

No, we do not know that.

moo

Can someone please be kind enough to bring fwd the link you speak of? Tia.

MOST of us believe, sorry***

No I don't think that someone who:
was molested by his father, had no mother or father figure, was caught at 14 trying to put his hand in another student's pants, saw his own mother murdered, then caught 6 times at camp Lejeune masturbating, served 4 years which caused PTSD, destroyed about 5 properties that we know of, chases people with hatchets, broke his wife's nose in front of their child, chased adults and children around Mt Herman, and really has no apologies or qualms about his behavior...is capable of turning it around.

Not to mention, will get out and see all that was said about him, including his wife talking about his deviant sexual behavior, his sissy *advertiser censored*, etc.

There is, in my opinion, not enough time, money, or medication to fix whatever is going on in his mind.

No snark intended, I value your opinion and everyone else's on this thread. To anyone who says DN can turn it around, would you extend your spare bedroom to him? What about if he agreed to get help? What if the courts said he was rehabilitated?

I wouldn't. Not in a million years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member