CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/2017cr196?source=feed_text&story_id=1652108578195165

9/14/17 - 9:41 am
4th Judicial District Attorney's Office
Motions Hearing for Matthew Allen Stroker is set for 2:00 today in Div. 2. #2017CR196

9/14/17 - 3:49 pm
Matthew Allen Stroker today pled guilty to reckless manslaughter (F-4) and 2nd degree assault (F-4) in the January 2017 death of 39 year old Edward Lyles & was immediately sentenced to 16 years in prison. #2017CR196

http://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-s...omicide-of-2017-sentenced-to-16-yrs/620935134
Sep 14, 2017 05:14 PM MDT
Stroker was facing a 2nd-degree murder charge, but he pleaded guilty to reckless manslaughter and 2nd-degree assault Thursday morning.

[h=1]http://www.lawinfoboulder.com/criminal_court_proceedings/motions_hearing.html
Motions Hearing

Should a case appear headed for trial rather than disposition (resolution) via a negotiated plea agreement, the judge will set a deadline for filing of motions, and set a date prior to trial for a hearing on these motion.
[/h]So.... according to the above, a plea agreement would have to have taken place before the 2 pm Motions hearing.

He would have needed a legit photo ID to get in plus go through a set of metal detectors.
I have reflected a few times when looking at a photo of TW with what looks like reddish brown hair, if the motive DN could have had to attack him was to steal his ID. DN could not have known that TW was a well known individual in the area. He may have been desperate for an IDof someone whose physical description he could loosely match.

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/2017cr196?source=feed_text&story_id=1652108578195165

9/14/17 - 9:41 am
Motions Hearing for Matthew Allen Stroker is set for 2:00 today in Div. 2. #2017CR196

9/14/17 - 3:49 pm
Matthew Allen Stroker today pled guilty to reckless manslaughter (F-4) and 2nd degree assault (F-4) in the January 2017 death of 39 year old Edward Lyles & was immediately sentenced to 16 years in prison. #2017CR196

http://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-s...omicide-of-2017-sentenced-to-16-yrs/620935134
Sep 14, 2017 05:14 PM MDT
Stroker was facing a 2nd-degree murder charge, but he pleaded guilty to reckless manslaughter and 2nd-degree assault Thursday morning.

[h=1]http://www.lawinfoboulder.com/criminal_court_proceedings/motions_hearing.html
Motions Hearing

Should a case appear headed for trial rather than disposition (resolution) via a negotiated plea agreement, the judge will set a deadline for filing of motions, and set a date prior to trial for a hearing on these motion.
[/h]So.... according to the above, a plea agreement would have to have taken place before the 2 pm Motions hearing.

So it looks like it could have all been agreed in the morning. DN could well have known about it in the morning via phone from HH. Hmmmm.

I have reflected a few times when looking at a photo of TW with what looks like reddish brown hair, if the motive DN could have had to attack him was to steal his ID. DN could not have known that TW was a well known individual in the area. He may have been desperate for an IDof someone whose physical description he could loosely match.
Would TW's discarded Safeway card have had a pic on it? Maybe he thought it was an id?

Would TW's discarded Safeway card have had a pic on it? Maybe he thought it was an id?
We don't know what all was taken from TW. Maybe his DL? It will be interesting to see if any information comes out in his next court case of false reporting and whether he tried to use a stolen ID.

Safeway card might've looked like this, it's a typical grocery savings card, no pic: http://www.safeway.com/ShopStores/Club-Card.page
This is MOO, because once again I'm not sure where I read it, but I did read his wallet was found on Mt Herman Rd a short distance (1/4 to 1/2 mile) west of the area where his bike and shoe were located. But I also read about the Safeway card also being located west of where the bike & shoe were. I don't know if these were two separate items found, or in re-telling it one got crossed with the other. I remember thinking it was like the killer was riding down the road pitching TW's personal stuff out the window as he went, keeping any cash he might've had on him. :(

Just a side note on that. It seems to me like robbery was involved, but was not a primary motive. I've watched a lot of mountain biking videos since this happened, and they just don't carry a lot. I've seen one person with a small backpack but he was a kid. The way they maneuver around sharp turns on steep inclines, excess stuff is going to hinder them. Most of the $ is in the bike (some of them three figures) and then the rest of the gear (helmet, shoes, gloves, clothing). Just looking at the bikes you can tell they're pricey. So if robbery were the primary motive, one would think they'd have taken the bike. Yes, they'd have to be careful to avoid getting associated with murder, but by not taking it they walked away from $. That part doesn't make sense to me, and is what makes me think robbery wasn't the primary motive.

They've added another hearing to DN's docket. It's for the JV case, it's in March.

Attachments

• DN Court  01-12-2018.jpg
    DN Court 01-12-2018.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 42
I have wondered if in those first fleeting moments TW's attacker may have mistaken him for a girl with that curly long hair? Then once engaged, had to carry through with it?

They've added another hearing to DN's docket. It's for the JV case, it's in March.
How does this type of proceeding work with KN? Does she have a hearing also separately from DN?

Safeway card might've looked like this, it's a typical grocery savings card, no pic: http://www.safeway.com/ShopStores/Club-Card.page
This is MOO, because once again I'm not sure where I read it, but I did read his wallet was found on Mt Herman Rd a short distance (1/4 to 1/2 mile) west of the area where his bike and shoe were located. But I also read about the Safeway card also being located west of where the bike & shoe were. I don't know if these were two separate items found, or in re-telling it one got crossed with the other. I remember thinking it was like the killer was riding down the road pitching TW's personal stuff out the window as he went, keeping any cash he might've had on him. :(

Just a side note on that. It seems to me like robbery was involved, but was not a primary motive. I've watched a lot of mountain biking videos since this happened, and they just don't carry a lot. I've seen one person with a small backpack but he was a kid. The way they maneuver around sharp turns on steep inclines, excess stuff is going to hinder them. Most of the $ is in the bike (some of them three figures) and then the rest of the gear (helmet, shoes, gloves, clothing). Just looking at the bikes you can tell they're pricey. So if robbery were the primary motive, one would think they'd have taken the bike. Yes, they'd have to be careful to avoid getting associated with murder, but by not taking it they walked away from $. That part doesn't make sense to me, and is what makes me think robbery wasn't the primary motive.
I had not read that his wallet was found but I agree the way his stuff was scattered I also got the impression of someone pitching what they didn't want out the window. If that is true his stuff might be covered with fingerprints. I read someone on a biking forum who felt the bikes are so costly and custom no one would steal one as they would not be able to sell it, it would be too easily connected to its owner. But a thief new to the area wouldnt know that. I didn't originally think theft until I heard the Safeway card was found and then I figured the wallet was taken. The wallet and the notion of theft reminds me of the panhandler who got upset at people in the MHB trail.

IF DN is involved in the TW case (again IF!!! IDNK!!!) maybe they found some cash or other cards from TW's wallet when they stopped DN?

I am surprised the trail bicyclists in TW's community are not clamoring for more information. Are they feeling it is safe still to ride? Are they asking LE questions so as to assess for themselves the safety of the trail? Or are they just not riding, waiting this all out? Is there a reward offered for info leading to arrest in TW's case?

IF DN is involved in the TW case (again IF!!! IDNK!!!) maybe they found some cash or other cards from TW's wallet when they stopped DN?
Which I guess would not prove anything to charge him.

Ty @Kizzy

I think this listing showing Teller County in addition to Clear Creek County, solves the mystery we had regarding El Paso County record showing two "Hold for Mug Prints" plus two "Out of County WarrantOCW."

We don't know what all was taken from TW. Maybe his DL? It will be interesting to see if any information comes out in his next court case of false reporting and whether he tried to use a stolen ID.
The Clear Creek incident was in Georgetown on the 18th July so was two months before TW murder. It will still be interesting as he had hidden his SO status (and presumably his identity) for several months as he knew there would be warrants out.

I am surprised the trail bicyclists in TW's community are not clamoring for more information. Are they feeling it is safe still to ride? Are they asking LE questions so as to assess for themselves the safety of the trail? Or are they just not riding, waiting this all out? Is there a reward offered for info leading to arrest in TW's case?

BBM - Good question. I've never seen anything about a reward being offered.

Now that you mention it, I'm surprised that, seemingly, none has been offered. Given the number of people that knew TW and liked/admired him so much, it's surprising.

Perhaps creating a Reward Fund has never occurred to them! I think they would get a good response if they created an account at a local bank or the site. Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke