CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - Good question. I've never seen anything about a reward being offered.

Now that you mention it, I'm surprised that, seemingly, none has been offered. Given the number of people that knew TW and liked/admired him so much, it's surprising.

Perhaps creating a Reward Fund has never occurred to them! I think they would get a good response if they created an account at a local bank or the site. Moo.

I can't find anything about a reward either. Everything I've read indicates TW was well loved by many people. Maybe there is one and we're just not finding it?

moo

I can't find anything about a reward either. Everything I've read indicates TW was well loved by many people. Maybe there is one and we're just not finding it?

moo

I couldn't find anything about a reward either.

Hopefully, one of our @LocalPosters will be able to shed some light on the subject.

I think a large number of $$$$$ could be raised by individual contributions coupled with donations from his area clubs, HOA, sports related businesses, Etc.

Highly unlikely this one is connected to TW, but I keep searching...

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/01/13/body-found-clear-creek-canyon/

"Man's Body Found Near Clear Creek Canyon" January 13, 2018

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office says they are investigating a body found near Clear Creek Canyon.

They say they found the body of a man in the area where they were looking for a reported missing 18 year old.

<snipped> They say his family last heard from him Friday night and reported him missing Saturday morning. <snipped>

moo
But isn't it typical to offer a reward when LE is actively asking for tips and information? CO LE doesn't seem to need any help from the public at the moment.

But isn't it typical to offer a reward when LE is actively asking for tips and information? CO LE doesn't seem to need any help from the public at the moment.

Considering they haven't made an arrest and DN made a plea deal which resulted in probation I'd say they still need tips from the public.

MOO, course

The Clear Creek incident was in Georgetown on the 18th July so was two months before TW murder. It will still be interesting as he had hidden his SO status (and presumably his identity) for several months as he knew there would be warrants out.
July! I knew that but forgot! So this false reporting was not when they stopped them after the pawn shop. Do we know why they were stopped in the first place?

July! I knew that but forgot! So this false reporting was not when they stopped them after the pawn shop. Do we know why they were stopped in the first place?
One of TW friends took a photo of their car as it passed the searchers several times. The car matched the hatchet menacing descriptions reported by others independently. The car was spotted in Woodland Park and officers waited to see KN and DN come out of the pawn shop and get back in the car. They then pulled them over.

I've been looking to see if there is even a Crimestoppers reward but nothing. No recent appeals for tips either. If anyone finds anything could you post details?
The silence is strange isn't it?

New article on DN, nothing much we didn't already know:

January 15, 2018 Updated: Today at 12:12 pm
A drifter sentenced to probation for threatening a visitor to Mount Herman near Monument has been jailed in Clear Creek County in Georgetown.

Daniel James Nations, 32, is being held on a $500 bond awaiting a Jan. 24 court appearance in Clear Creek County Court for missing a court appearance, a representative of the Clear Creek Sheriff's Office confirmed on Monday...
...He told the court he intends to seek custody of his two children, who were in foster care in Teller County at the time of the hearing.

http://gazette.com/drifter-daniel-n...ncing-for-mount-herman-threat/article/1619065

Highly unlikely this one is connected to TW, but I keep searching...

"Man's Body Found Near Clear Creek Canyon" January 13, 2018

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office says they are investigating a body found near Clear Creek Canyon.

They say they found the body of a man in the area where they were looking for a reported missing 18 year old.

<snipped> They say his family last heard from him Friday night and reported him missing Saturday morning. <snipped>

January 13, 2018 at 2:54 pm - Update on "Man’s Body Found Near Clear Creek Canyon." Apparently this was not a murder.

The Coroner’s Office confirmed the identity of the victim is missing 18-year-old Sawyer Dow. <snipped> It’s also not clear the circumstances surrounding the body found, but the coroner says foul play is not suspected.

A drifter sentenced to probation for threatening a visitor to Mount Herman near Monument has been jailed in Clear Creek County in Georgetown.

Daniel James Nations, 32, is being held on a $500 bond awaiting a Jan. 24 court appearance in Clear Creek County Court for missing a court appearance, a representative of the Clear Creek Sheriff's Office confirmed on Monday...
...He told the court he intends to seek custody of his two children, who were in foster care in Teller County at the time of the hearing.

http://gazette.com/drifter-daniel-n...ncing-for-mount-herman-threat/article/1619065
He&#8217;s probably better off in jail, where he has shelter and warm food to eat.

Ty Kizzy. It's good to see this. First of all because it confirms we're still on for Jan. 24th. And seeing that the Gazette has done an update helps me believe that they will, also, report on outcome of Clear Creek case...I certainly hope so!

He’s probably better off in jail, where he has shelter and warm food to eat.

On occasion the same thought crosses my mind...heated building, cot, three meals a day.

ETA: Oh, I almost forgot "TV."

One of TW friends took a photo of their car as it passed the searchers several times. The car matched the hatchet menacing descriptions reported by others independently. The car was spotted in Woodland Park and officers waited to see KN and DN come out of the pawn shop and get back in the car. They then pulled them over.

This is what makes me so suspicious of DN being involved in the murder of TW. That right there! It seems he was overly interested in the goings on of the search for TW.

Another new article with mention of TW.

2017 second-deadliest year in El Paso County; 38 killed

Posted: Mon 10:46 PM, Jan 15, 2018 |
Updated: Tue 5:20 AM, Jan 16, 2018
Some of the families are left without answers, the cases still unsolved.
Tim Watkins’ family is one of them. He was killed while mountain biking near Mt. Herman Road in September. There is still no suspect description.
"He knew everyone and was everyone's best friend,” a friend of Tim Watkins told 11 News.
http://www.kktv.com/content/news/20...ar-in-El-Paso-County-38-killed-469477643.html

I was just looking at DN's court cases again in IN. Something caught my eye, made me curious. As we know he has warrants out, one for the Bartholomew Co Indecent Exposure charge, which they classified as a Criminal Misdemeanor. At the bottom of the case summary I see a notation dated 11/20/2017 indicating "Disposition Error: State Police Manually Updated Disposition". What I'm wondering is if it's typical that State Police would be involved in a Criminal Misdemeanor case?

Here is a screenshot, it's only the pertinent part because that's a really long page of activity:
https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...GaWxlRW5kIjpudWxsLCJDb3VudHlDb2RlIjpudWxsfX0=

Attachments

• DN Bartholomew Case 1_16_18.jpg
    DN Bartholomew Case 1_16_18.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 34
I was just looking at DN's court cases again in IN. Something caught my eye, made me curious. As we know he has warrants out, one for the Bartholomew Co Indecent Exposure charge, which they classified as a Criminal Misdemeanor. At the bottom of the case summary I see a notation dated 11/20/2017 indicating "Disposition Error: State Police Manually Updated Disposition". What I'm wondering is if it's typical that State Police would be involved in a Criminal Misdemeanor case?

Here is a screenshot, it's only the pertinent part because that's a really long page of activity:
https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...GaWxlRW5kIjpudWxsLCJDb3VudHlDb2RlIjpudWxsfX0=
I remember when I looked at it he plea bargained it down to a misdemeanour and got probation which then looked like it got transfered to Marion County. As he has now absconded does that negate the plea deal and probation? I can only think ISP are involved now because of any extradition.
What do others think?

Reading it again he was violating probation from January 2017 onwards and not appearing. They kept having fact finding hearings but he FTA so the warrant was issued in May 2017.
This means if he did commit the Delphi murders he was on probation and not complying at that time, yet he was signing in weekly as a RSO in another county. This is why they eventually went looking for him in July when he stopped signing in.

(BTW he has 5 warrants altogether)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member