CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another question: how tall was Tim Watkins?

The Indiana booking information listed DN as 5'10".

The reason I ask is that there was some discussion earlier in the thread that, since the bike and TW's body were found in different locations, that maybe the killer rode off on TW's bike.
(From what I understand, the bike was located closer to Mt. Herman Rd, and the body was found off the trail further from the road, perhaps down in the canyon. Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I am about 5'9" or so, but I have little short legs: about a 29" inseam. There's no way that I can pedal a bike fitted for a taller or longer-legged rider.

I looked for but cannot find a picture that was posted of DN from the back (he was in a military uniform), and it looked like he had little short legs, too. Is it even possible that he could ride TW's bike? (Of course, he might walk it to another location.)

ETA: I found this photo of Tim and his bike on the mb forum. There's no way that I could pedal that bike, and I doubt DN could, either.

attachment.php

BBM - For some reason I have always taken TW to be 6' or 6' l".

And, yes, DN has lots of Mug Shots giving his height as 5' 10" (though a Johnson County, Indiana rap sheet lists 5' 9" as his height).

I think that was a keen observation on your part to notice how far apart TW's bike seat is from the pedals. My word, they're a l-o-n-g way apart...I might well have underestimated TW's height! I can't picture an average size person jumping on that bike and riding off without needing to adjust the seat first...which, imo, wouldn't be plausible under the circumstances.

No, nor would there be until those charged were brought forward. Not saying that’s what’s happening. But we just don’t know what’s happening. It’s crazy to think that if DN we’re guilty of any or all of these murders, that they would not pursue federal charges.

I feel strongly that a judge in CO didn’t release someone who threatened kids and adults, unless there were a reason. My opinion only.

Is there anything in MSM reports to indicate federal agencies have been involved in the TW case? Anything at all?

you can still ride it as long as you don"t sit down..for a short ride anyway..just sayin.

it's too bizarre that Micah Lambert is also a missing person from the same timeframe in the same general area.

so curious.

MOO

LOL
They contradict themselves in the same article. Pistol or rifle they can't decide....
I have a Savage 64. It's about the least expensive 22 you can buy. A kid size rifle.
That almost reads like they had two guns. He was found to be in possession of a handgun and they found the Savage in the boot of the car. Also note the Feds involvement stated in the article.

No, nor would there be until those charged were brought forward. Not saying that’s what’s happening. But we just don’t know what’s happening. It’s crazy to think that if DN we’re guilty of any or all of these murders, that they would not pursue federal charges.

I feel strongly that a judge in CO didn’t release someone who threatened kids and adults, unless there were a reason. My opinion only.

The feds only get involved under certain circumstances. I’ve seen no criminal charges (or possible criminal charges) that would demand federal involvement.

Yes, and 3 possible circumstances are:
National Forest-Tim
Interstate crimes
A&L’s Murders already had FBI involvement.

We wouldn’t see any indication that feds are pressing charges until the feds pressed charges.

The feds only get involved under certain circumstances. I’ve seen no criminal charges (or possible criminal charges) that would demand federal involvement.

That almost reads like they had two guns. He was found to be in possession of a handgun and they found the Savage in the boot of the car. Also note the Feds involvement stated in the article.

IMO it's just sloppy reporting. It has been variously reported as weapon, gun, firearm, etc.

In CO there is no such charge as a "Felon in possession of a handgun" that I am able to find. Lots of info relating to "Possession of weapons by previous offenders".

Colorado Revised Statutes Title 18 Criminal Code § 18-12-108 Possession of weapons by previous offenders
(1) A person commits the crime of possession of a weapon by a previous offender if the person knowingly possesses, uses, or carries upon his or her person a firearm as described in section 18-1-901(3)(h) or any other weapon that is subject to the provisions of this article subsequent to the person's conviction for a felony, or subsequent to the person's conviction for attempt or conspiracy to commit a felony, under Colorado or any other state's law or under federal law.

JMO but just based on CO law I'd say reporters don't do any fact checking. If there were 2 firearms as reported by abc57, I am sure other outlets would have reported it also.

At least the Journal and Courier referenced the Affidavit as a source;
Woodland Park, Colorado, police arrested Nations Monday afternoon, charging him with being a felon in possession of a firearm, according to a probable cause affidavit shared with the Journal & Courier from the Colorado Springs Gazette.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...ero-tolerance-temper-landlord-said/717253001/

It's plausible that the Affidavit did word it that way but if it mentioned both a handgun as well as the rifle I just think it would have been reported more.
\
all JMO

ETA: long winded, I know, Sorry.

IMO it's just sloppy reporting.

JMO but just based on CO law I'd say reporters don't do any fact checking. If there were 2 firearms as reported by abc57, I am sure other outlets would have reported it also.

At least the Journal and Courier referenced the Affidavit as a source;

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...ero-tolerance-temper-landlord-said/717253001/

It's plausible that the Affidavit did word it that way but if it mentioned both a handgun as well as the rifle I just think it would have been reported more.
\
all JMO

ETA: long winded, I know, Sorry.

RSBM

This JC MSM article doesn't even get the date of TW's murder correct. They have it as 17th which is when he was found. He was killed on the 14th, the day he went missing, wasn't he?

Is the affidavit still sealed? They couldn't report it exactly if they couldn't see it I guess.

RSBM

This JC MSM article doesn't even get the date of TW's murder correct. They have it as 17th which is when he was found. He was killed on the 14th, the day he went missing, wasn't he?

Is the affidavit still sealed? They couldn't report it exactly if they couldn't see it I guess.

It's hard to find good reporters these days :biggrin:

There were 2 affidavits it seems From that link;

He was charged Thursday with threatening people with a hatchet, according to the Colorado Springs Gazette. But the probable cause affidavit for that charge is sealed, according to the Gazette.

Woodland Park, Colorado, police arrested Nations Monday afternoon, charging him with being a felon in possession of a firearm, according to a probable cause affidavit shared with the Journal & Courier from the Colorado Springs Gazette

SO the menacing affidavit was sealed and the possession affidavit was shared with the news.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/savage-64f-semi-auto-rimfire-rifle

This is the rifle mentioned in the MSM article linked previously.
As emptybottles stated, that's a kids rifle. It may be why a judge really believed they only bought it for protection and let the charge go. Not that it couldnt be used to kill someone. But a judge is probably used to seeing convicted felons with easily concealed handguns they get to commit more crime. This one is different IMO. I wonder if LE did any investigation to find out when and from whom they bought it and to make sure there wasn't another weapon they got rid of.

I think the reporter just used the wrong phrase, inaccurate reporting.

I assume that "BG" is the suspect in the Indiana murders case. What does BG stand for? Blue guy?

As emptybottles stated, that's a kids rifle. It may be why a judge really believed they only bought it for protection and let the charge go. Not that it couldnt be used to kill someone. But a judge is probably used to seeing convicted felons with easily concealed handguns they get to commit more crime. This one is different IMO. I wonder if LE did any investigation to find out when and from whom they bought it and to make sure there wasn't another weapon they got rid of.
The judge didn't let the charge go. DN was convicted of possession of a weapon. TW was killed by a .22. Could this rifle have been the murder weapon? Or did they have another weapon? KN said she got this weapon for protection. Presumably LE will hopefully know where they got it from as they have investigated.
Sorry for all the questions , but if the gun was not purchased legally, wouldn't there have been another charge for having an unregistered gun?

Below is a portion of KN's youtube interview that I transcribed & posted in Libby & Abby's thread (Thread #73, post #329, 10/28/2017). It's the part about the gun and DN's access, in it she states when it was purchased.

Thanks for posting Kizzy. So the N's purchase a .22 in the first week of September. In the second week of September TW gets shot to death with a .22 on a trail.

Thanks for posting Kizzy. So the N's purchase a .22 in the first week of September. In the second week of September TW gets shot to death with a .22 on a trail.

The N's are plagued with bad luck and unfortunate coincidences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member